Elite League Discipline from Devil V Blaze

Well the only things that fans can do is to actually get off our arses and do something about it. Not just sit on forums bitching about it.

Be a catalyst for change and not accept this dross. If we all want a better game it seems to be up to us lot to engineer it

StevenBletsoe said:
Well the only things that fans can do is to actually get off our arses and do something about it. Not just sit on forums bitching about it.

Be a catalyst for change and not accept this dross. If we all want a better game it seems to be up to us lot to engineer it
And how do we do that?

Not surprised at the bans for the Devils players really.

Not suprised at the "one match....err no three match..hang on...oh wait...what was it again?....yeah three match" Shambles EIHL...real shambles.

Not surprised that once again the root cause of the problem and the catalyst for what happened is not considered. I.e. Inept refs that missed the incident with Olson on Birbraer that led to the check from Max

Not surprised that Blaze come out of this with nothing. Obvioulsy when these guys take a dump it must smell of Summer Meadows. Clearly none of what happened was attributable to them.

I suppose therefore I am "not surprised"

I am however so disappointed with the EIHL though. Joke organisation employing some Joke officials, both on and off ice.

What I am hoping for is that in adversity the team becomes stronger.

No surprises there at all then. We all knew what the outcome would be before the league said anything.

I take it they didn't rewind the tape far enough back to see the cross check from Olson to the base of Max's spine that sent him to the ice and technically started all of the problems as no officials (out of 4 on the ice) did anything about it.

I've completely lost all interest in hockey now. It's been getting pretty bad over the last few seasons with games being decided by ref's but this is the icing on the cake. We will never get anywhere with this league.

all this says to me now, is that if you "defend yourself" you can get away with doing whatever you want.... to who ever they want.....

message sent and recieved Elite league!!!!!

DevilDom

StevenBletsoe said:
jester said:
Can't the devils ask for the hit on MB to be reviewed?
Seem to recall that we get three free requests. Cardiff seem to be the only ones not to have used these up.

Gloves are off now, this is a joke
My guess is there is no footage of it as it was behind the play.

To an extent I agree with the bans for Max and Deeds although upping the 1 match to 3 match's seems a bit off. Franny however has been very harshly dealt with.

Nothing at all for Olson, Egener, Guidice and Cameron is just wrong. Sends out totally the wrong message that you can incite incidents, and get away scot free.

A

Anonymous

Well thats just give us a big kick up the ass when it comes to wiinnig the league or even qualifying in cc cup. :(

DevilDom said:
StevenBletsoe said:
jester said:
Can't the devils ask for the hit on MB to be reviewed?
Seem to recall that we get three free requests. Cardiff seem to be the only ones not to have used these up.

Gloves are off now, this is a joke
My guess is there is no footage of it as it was behind the play
What, other that the sky camera in the corner pointing right at them?

Gazza272

DevilDom said:
gandl said:
What, other that the sky camera in the corner pointing right at them?
Can we use that though? I doubt it. Maybe we can cite Olson if we can.

They have obviously used outside footage to clear Olson. So why not anyone else?

TO be honest our bans are fair.

Coventry to get away with nothing though? Scandalous!

Ingramator said:
StevenBletsoe said:

And how do we do that?
Extreme I know but there is no game without the fans. Remove the revenue streams for the League. Don't attend play offs, don't pay any money into the League coffers. Put pressure on the clubs to action change.

But this can only be done in numbers and not indivdually.

Is anyone else really shocked that Max's 1 game ban for leaving the dressing room magically became 3 - which means he will serve the final ban when we play Coventry. I'm so, so surprised.

I'm sure that's just a big coincidence honestly, given how fair, unbiased and politically correct the set up of the Elite league is :roll:

Koop11

I have no issue with the suspensions handed out to the Devils players if the tariffs are already in place. The one for Franny is questionable but I can live with it.

However, I can’t believe Engner isn’t facing some sort of suspension for his actions though. Sure he is still on the ice but the game is over. The ruckus at that point was dying down until be skated over to the Devils bench to reignite it all by throwing bombs.

I am gobsmacked about Olson not receiving any kind of suspension for his actions both leading up the altercation and during the incident itself.

This isn’t about Devils got this but Blaze only got that. This is about the league setting a very dangerous precedent here. At your own peril Elite League. You will look very stupid indeed if anything like this were to happen again. Another example of why this league is regarded he joke of European hockey.

mk18

This beyond a joke now, the league are making it look like fighting a coach and fan is perfectly fine now! How does Olson come away with nothing but a match penalty being erased from his record? :?

StevenBletsoe said:
Ingramator said:
StevenBletsoe said:

And how do we do that?
Extreme I know but there is no game without the fans. Remove the revenue streams for the League. Don't attend play offs, don't pay any money into the League coffers. Put pressure on the clubs to action change.

But this can only be done in numbers and not indivdually.
Trouble with this though, is aren't we going to making Cardiff devils even worse off! Maybe playoffs, but as you said, every team needs to be in on it

Jones72

No surprises.

The league is just as corrupt as it has always been. No credibility, and I suspect more back-handers than a solid 2 months play at Wimbledon.

"Bush league" is right.