EIHL Predictions ......

Wannabe2

For me nothing has changed to be honest, maybe Panthers and Giants change places, but I still doubt that even, Flyers may finish 4th, but my money is still on the team who I think is the best, and that’s us.
Happy Hockey Days.

Temme

Not much has changed for me either, i'd take a guess at:

Cardiff
Nottingham
Belfast
Fife
Guildford
Manchester
Coventry
Sheffield
Glasgow
Dundee
Milton Keynes

obviously very very early days yet though, although based on what i've seen i'd take a guess that:

12,3,4 are all correct, maybe a couple of spot changes,

10 & 11 are correct
anything from Glasgow - Guildford is purely guess work.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #46
Rob (Batch) prediction is probably looking the most accurate at the moment in terms of the positioning for Devils, Fife, Panthers and Steelers. Suffice to say, nobody predicted them in last place :):)

Pondlife

Current odds from Betfair;

11/10 Cardiff Devils
9/5 Nottingham Panthers
5/1 Fife Flyers
17/2 Sheffield Steelers
9/1 Coventry Blaze
11/1 Belfast Giants
18/1 Manchester Storm
25/1 Guildford Flames
25/1 Glasgow Clan
35/1 Milton Keynes Lightning
40/1 Dundee Stars

It’s an opinion like everyone else’s Steve.

Just because I love the devils doesn’t mean I have to put them top of the league..

I’m used to us finishing mid table for the last 16 years so seeing us as number 1 for 2/3 years is crazy.

Wannabe2

Some people can’t help themselves, they are still living in the past, nothing can change that, it takes them longer to catch up unfortunately. In the meantime the rest of us move on, as that’s what life is about. The mammoth age is gone, like it or not. We don’t need or want negativity anymore thank you, we are on a roll enjoy the ride try it as it’s pretty neat.

SteveKing

I didn't mean to open you up to ridicule here, Rabbitoh. My apologies. I've just always been oversensitive to people jumping to such early conclusions and I understand that that's what a forum is for!

I’m used to wannabe and his silly remarks anyway. You wouldn’t believe he is mid 50s would you??

And if people don’t wanna take me serious that’s cool there not suppose too.
I mean look at Theresa may PM of the uk and no one gives a shit what she says lol.

Devil_Abroad

I’m used to wannabe and his silly remarks anyway. You wouldn’t believe he is mid 50s would you??

And if people don’t wanna take me serious that’s cool there not suppose too.
I mean look at Theresa may PM of the uk and no one gives a shit what she says lol.
Eek, I'm mid fifties o_O

Devil_Abroad

To be honest I think it's way too early.

We've had an amazing run in the CHL and so far been fortunate with injuries as we've not been too shorthanded. We've had some blow outs and other games very tight with one loss to the Panthers. I would like to see us against Giants and of course Flyers on Sunday to see how we perform away from the CHL back in the physical world of EIHL. I have a feeling we will do well a gain this season if we keep injuries down to a minimum

Early on I liked the look of Panthers and still do but having lost another tonight, the 1st of their 3 up in Scotland, their coach is finding it difficult to get them going consistently in all their games

Obviously Steelers' woes is a loss to the EIHL mix but great news for Flyers, Giants and us.

Flyers have 3 good looking offensive lines and with good goaltending they're on a great run. How will they cope mid winter with injuries and players having to play a lot of minutes which can lead to more injuries

Giants it appears have been playing some great hockey but found it difficult finding the net early on. Strangely after a few injuries they're now on a good run and scoring plenty.

There are no easy games this season, Lightning being the easiest on paper but they can still cause teams problems. Depth still problem for Flames it seems. Blaze are far more competitive this season but they seem to win a couple then lose a couple. Stars seems to be competing in every game but the results are going against them more often than not. Storm, carrying plenty of spare imports as they've suffered injuries, can be great one evening and suck another; will be interesting if they can make their barn a fortress again this season.

At the moment, Panthers' inconsistency means they're slipping out a little from contention early on for me; so I will go currently with us, Giants and Flyers.

Let's look again at the end of November............