EIHL Predictions ......

osh

That’s a fair answer to a certain extent, but what makes you think we will fall short, we drew 5-5 with a big tough team away, without 3 centres and then losing a very influential player,that you think will win the league. Just wondering.
I’m going for Panthers to win the league based on signings and once their players adapt to Olympic size rinks they look mobile enough to cope. Their added size and mobility ( from what I saw ) means they are already slightly ahead of ourselves and let’s not forget that whilst you point out who we were missing, Panthers were also missing influential imports too. We were certainly exposed at our home game and this coming weekend will be a huge step up from last weekend’s games no doubt. It doesn’t help that we are still awaiting our final signing D man, and I’m sure once he is introduced we will see a settled line up.

Kevlar68

1. Panthers: Looking an extremely physical team who can play
2. Devils: Look awesome but for me panthers look better
3. Giants: Similar to last year
4. Steelers: Would put them last but I have to be real
5. Flyers: Have the quality but are slightly better than Flames
6. Flames: Good speed and good players to match
7. Storm: They’ve seriously downgraded in quality
8. Clan: Entirely new team, question is will they gel?
9. Stars: Going to upset a few teams this year hence why I’ve put them in the playoff places.
10. Blaze: Look a decent team but only that, decent.
11. Lightning: Poor recruitment and a loss of some key players (Kearney, Hook, Wiikman etc.)

Think we will only just miss out, Panthers look the real deal this year

I'm lazy but i'll go with RedDevil17

League games not started yet so a bit hit and miss, anyway........

1Panthers
2Devils
3Giants
4Steelers
5Flames
6Clan
7Flyers
8Blaze
9Storm
10Lightening
11Stars

Big ask 3 titles back to back.

Wannabe2

Stars
Stars 5th?!! Really? Stars will do unbelievably well to finish 8th in my opinion
Stars are my 2nd favourite team, they have signed some good players, have a very good coach in Pacha who , will have a slightly bigger budget, and will get them playing as a team. They will be far higher than 11th, and will surprise a lot of teams, hopefully.

Jonesy83

Devils
Panthers
Giants
Flyers
Steelers
Clan
Flames
Blaze
Storm
Stars
Lighting

With very little in it at the top. Nor would I be surprised to see Nottingham win in.

top three of
Cardiff
Panthers
Giants

but believe it will be very close and for me the biggest factor will be injuries which team can stay the healthiest during The long season

OJLloyd

1. Devils
2. Panthers
3. Storm
4. Giants
5. Flyers
6. Steelers
7. Clan
8. Flames
9. Blaze
10. Stars
11. Lightning

I think the Storm will cause a few upsets, a bit like last season, but ultimately fall off to Panthers. I can see it being either us or the Panthers winning the league, so that’s pretty interchangeable.

I think the big story this year will be the Steelers under performing vastly, and Thommo standing down at some point. Last chance saloon and it’s not looking too rosy in Sheffield.

I will be deleting this if they win, it’ll be hard enough to take anyway.

Mazzoak

Controversial SPEEDACE.

Without seeing the rest of the teams play for a period, an accurate assessment is surely impossible.

But for fun.

1. Flames
2. Steelers
3. Blaze
4. Lightning
5. Devils
6. Stars
7. Giants
8. Storm
9. Clan
10. Notthingham
11. Flyers

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #36
Come on, come on, get your predictions in before the first EIHL game as from that point the thread will be in official 'lockdown'!

Bazza

1 - Devils
2 - Panthers
3 - Giants
4 - Steelers
5 - Storm
6 - Clan
7 - Blaze
8 - Flames
9 - Stars
10 - Flyers
11 - Ligthning

Rob Batch

• Ridiculous..but.....o_O Devils, Fife, Panthers, Giants, Blaze, Steelers, Clan, Storm, Flames, Stars, Lightning. This is before a puck is dropped.