Edinburgh - December 27th

Thread starter #1
For anyone travelling up...

http://www.edinburgh-capitals.com/index ... s&Itemid=7

Thursday, 17 November 2011

Great Capital Skate 2011 & Capitals v Devils - Tuesday 27th December 2011.

The Edinburgh Capitals will be holding their next Great Capital Skate on Tuesday 27th December at Murrayfield Ice Rink.

To make this the most successful Great Capital Skate ever the Capitals are offering a 50% discount on all tickets bought online, or at the rink on game nights, before Tuesday 6th December. Tickets for this event are normally £25 adults and £15 children and include match ticket, skating session and skate hire. Tickets for the Great Capital Skate are limited so you will need to act fast. To take advantage of this offer just use the voucher code GCS on the ticket website before you check out. Game tickets are also available via the ticketing site but do not qualify for the discount, so hurry if you want to grab yourself a bargain!

Tickets can be bought online at:
http://www.edinburghcapitals.ticketsource.co.uk

This event will encourage people to get active through skating and then have the opportunity to attend an Edinburgh Capitals ice hockey match against Cardiff Devils. Edinburgh Capitals players will be on the ice to help the participants during the skating sessions.

There will also be an interactive demonstration area where participants can experience the game of ice hockey by learning to shoot, skate and stickhandle. There will also be an opportunity to beat the Capitals goalie in a shootout competition.

The participants round off their day of fun by cheering on the Capitals in their Elite League match against Cardiff Devils.

The full schedule for the day is as follows:
- Skating from 10am – 1.30pm
- Edinburgh Capitals v Cardiff Devils ice hockey game, 6.30pm face off.

Chris

Administrator
Anyone remember how this went down last time? Am driving from Cardiff to Edinburgh on the Tuesday and don't fancy getting to Edinburgh to find out they've managed to sell out Murrayfield :)

Chris.

Anyone know the which block is for away fans @ the capitals? Also, I've heard the sight lines are dodgy in some parts of their rink...does this affect the away block?

wildthing74

You sit where you want in Edinburgh but away fans sit behind the team bench.You won't get tickets but you will get a raffle ticket(I kid you not)that you hand in.The will be no problem getting in.
I think the sightlines are fine,certainly better than BBT and the fans are super friendly so probably my favourite rink to go to.Not always been the case as back in the day when we were big rivals for trophies it was pretty feisty!
Can't wait to go back in Jan to have sone stovies but be sure to wear 2/3 extra layers as it's a 'proper' ice rink ;)