Edinburgh Capitals v Cardiff Devils - Wed 29 Nov 2017 - League - FO 7:30pm - Chat/Updates

Devil94

As there’s hardly any posts here after the win, I thought I’d say well done to The Devils for showing us what they’re capable of in the second and third period and pulling out a comeback win against an Edinburgh side that are on the up. Congrats to Pope for his dominant performance with 4 points and MoM.

wildthing74

Got to be honest after the first I didn't see us getting a result.We looked disinterested and lacked composure in defence so Caps looked like they would score at least a few more and had they got the third I think that would have been curtains.

A different Devils team came out in the second and we were first to every puck and the game plan seemed back on track.We had played a very short bench in the first which didn't work but going back to four we had a jump every time the new line came on.Batch in particular was having a good game as was Hotham and Martin.

Pope was finding lots of space and we juggled a bit putting Benti down with Ulmer and Faryna.Pope got 2 quick goals and Asselin who had been quiet got I think the third(?) and Faryna deserved his as he worked his socks off.Caps seemed to be out of gas and you couldn't see any way back fit them.I can't describe how different both periods were but it was a relief to see we had woken up.

Caps pulled one back but we quickly re-established the two goal margin when Batch made a great play to put Myers in to set up Paris.Strangely they did not give him an assist but it was all down to him mid Ice and once that went in you could sense Caps were done.

Bizarrely the Caps goalie ignored the bench when they tried to call him off in the last 2 minutes and he waved them away.If they had found a lucky bounce it might have made a tense finish but him refusing to come off saw us not really troubled and the result wasn't in doubt.

Crowd was very poor again even though they had a Groupon deal and our fans were disappointed to find the bar not even open.I wonder how Caps survive as every season feels the same.Their summer recruiting looked like things may be different but no history seems to be repeating.

So pleased that the guys managed to turn that one around. It’s certainly shows us what this team is capable of when they put their foot on the gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxy

Good result but its the inconsistency between the periods which is the frustrating bit.....
The team can play brilliantly when they want but they just dont seem to want it enough..

Having read the various comments and not watched the game, I’m not so sure congratulations are really appropriate. We turned it around, but the level we should be playing at with our squads capabilities, facing teams with less calibre players, we shouldn’t be chasing, we should be better, much better. When they stop playing at 30% capacity for much of the game. Then I’ll congratulate them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kingmo19.1

Pretty worrying that the team came out so flat - won't get away with that against the better sides. Having spent a fair few years in pro hockey changing rooms, no doubt Lordo gave them both barrels during P1 intermission. Basically stare at the floor time then show a reaction. Never a good sign when that happens.

Relating that scenario to everyday working life, why are Devils players currently working to such a poor standard that require “Both Barrels” and why does this happen every year. We have a supposedly great organisation compared to the rest in the UK clubs, you’d think they’d be motivated by that. Is it the Bordy syndrome, he publicly remonstrated, is this a form of protest by some players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

As the league positioning stands, Devils could still improve their position in the next few weeks because they have games in hand.

BUT they have to make those games count, otherwise they will be relying upon teams at the top to hit a bad spell.

Devils have a real chance in December to strengthen their position. Panthers have a hell of a schedule playing Sheffield x3, Belfast x 2, Manchester x 2 - they will be taking points off eachother.

Every game is a massive test now - team performance is so inconsistent and any opposition is dangerous at the moment.

Last edited: