Early face off times

OJLloyd

Well if it makes any of us feel better, Steelers fans have come to the rescue and are angry that players’ sponsored cars don’t have their numbers on the back.

So we might be the stupidest fans, but we’re not the weirdest

zoesdevil

An interesting point I’ve seen elsewhere; people bought season tickets without knowing a single fixture date. I mean those early faceoff dates could’ve easily been midweek games, and possibly even more people would’ve been unable to make it... but no one would’ve batted an eye lid. Strange.
Moaning for the sake of moaning! ;)

Gaz G

Oh for God sake, listen to yourselves.

Can any of you honestly tell me that this forum doesn't go completely up when something vaguely good happens and deny that it goes into a complete melt down when something slightly bad happens?

This has to be the most fickle forum I've ever been on.

Mazzoak

Comments such as that places you in the same category of person who’s decided to contact Todd. Genius.
I’m not going to condemn people without knowing the content of these messages . Is drawing attention to these private messages actually wise, it only serves to turn fans against fans, another PR cock up or way to silence the growing criticism. It’s certainly going to stop people publicly commenting on the organisation.

Jonesy83

The club are announcing a new player sign tonight on TKs twitter takeover.

When is the next signing being announced after that........

SUNDAY AT 4PM!!!

Haha.....well played Todd Kelman, well played!!!

Massive highs and massive lows. Not that I want this to be derogatory to anyone afflicted with that ailment. The symptoms do often reflect what happens on many forums (not necessarily this forum)

jimmy snels

personally I totally get why Todd would be annoyed if people are calling out his integrity etc. he obviously wants to do something and IMHO got it a little bit wrong.

The point was and remains people bought tickets based on an assumption of faceoff's at a particular time as previously he said they would tell us before the season if he was to change them in the future. he didnt so people were upset.

I can see both sides of this if im honest. i personally might take my 5 year old to a couple of these now on reflection which might be easier than previous.

I think we do need to be careful both ways on the communications we have. missing out on player interviews on here is a poor decision as fans like to know a little bit about the guys and on here made it feel a bit independent so less monitored and believable. I also liked it when steve was on here more. But as a group of fans perhaps we need to be a bit nicer back as well. I think we are used to a seige mentality previously and people still cant get their heads into steve and the guys want to be nice to us :p:D

Mazzoak

Foreign owners buying into sports clubs and instantly professing a love of the club usually attracts sceptics, made worse when fans are faced with change.

drainage

Oh for God sake, listen to yourselves.

Can any of you honestly tell me that this forum doesn't go completely up when something vaguely good happens and deny that it goes into a complete melt down when something slightly bad happens?

This has to be the most fickle forum I've ever been on.
The forum may and does over react however dragging a known mental health issue into the fray makes you a more disrespectful poster than those who over reacted (in my opinion )

I personally don’t think comparing this thread to the way people with a genuine issue react is acceptable , I agree some comments have been over the top I totally don’t like your anology

Sliput

I would 100% agree that TK should not receive insults via emails, The Inferno or twitter. I for one have never doubted his sincerity, integrity or the amount of hard work he continues to achieve in order to raise the already very high standard of the club. We are sincerely indebted to him along with our owners and Devils staff and players.

Here is a simple question however, do you think he should have mentioned these early face offs during the off season. He says he has conferred with the fan council, spoken to various fans, but let’s face it, wouldn’t it have been an ideal opportunity to mention this in a couple of programmes just before the end of the season or on the main website. I think that would have satisfied 99.9% of fans and would have avoided the reaction it has provoked.
People would have just found something else to moan about.

Paul Sullivan

Not cool. Simms territory. Except he's so out of the loop he would probably say Manic / depressive.

Not at all cool.

As a member of the MIND team for the UK Charity allstars and a passionate advocate for mental health issues, your comments are crass, ill-informed and just plain offensive to the MH community.

If the forum is that fickle, leave it instead of making light of a very VERY serious issue as a throw away insult.

Last edited by a moderator:

ASHIPP

Not cool. Simms territory. Except he's so out of the loop he would probably say Manic / depressive.

Not at all cool.

As a member of the MIND team for the UK Charity allstars and a passionate advocate for mental health issues, your comments are crass, ill-informed and just plain offensive to the MH community.

If the forum is that fickle, leave it instead of making light of a very VERY serious issue as a throw away insult.
Paul - thankyou for this caring post. My youngest is bi-polar.Only people who suffer this terrible diagnosis, or are close to someone with it will really understand the trauma of biopolarism. It is truly heartbreaking.

Cant believe the uproar and abuse being dished out, you get 5 free games on a ST and this affects 2 games, some people have short memories..........suck it up and get behind your club you idiots