Early face off times

It is frustrating and not good to publish the thoughts of Todd and Katrina after the event of the fixtures coming out.

We have 5 midweek home games at 7:30 go. What about families for these?

The games with early fo are double headers. This is because most non ST holders will only come to one game as it works out too expensive for the two. Therefore we need to increase our customer base to sell the seats. That’s the reason for earlier fo.

Cardiff City are premier league. Fixtures on a Saturday will not typically clash, but sundays could be 12:30 / 14:00 / 16:00 all of which will present a problem. Fans will need to choose. I work at the stadium so if CCFC are home by choice is made, as do at least another 5 ST holders I know.

I’ll await a further statement from the Devils Management.

drainage

Just seen the early face off times and this means that my friends who work on Sundays can’t make the games. Disappointed to be told this so late and now looking into a refund for our season tickets (the 3of them). I understand they want to attract families but what about all the fans who work in retail on a Sunday? I’ve emailed Todd and Katrina so hopefully they will of thought of this problem when looking at early face offs.
Didnt Todd say last season when this was discussed he would be doing some games like this this season ? Am sure I read it somewhere, maybe they could have re inforced this but unless I am going mad I wasnt at all suprised to see this.....I am lucky I dont work weekends anymore but when I did I didnt work every Sat or Sun , are there many people who do? (thats a genuine question not a dig - in my old role I could probably have planned shift swaps with this much notice)

I have missed loads of mid weeks games as I work away in week but still keep buying a ST -

Finny

I can understand how annoyed/ disappointed some people might be to have read this information without prior warning, but there should be an easy solution which keeps everyone happy.
Season tickets are for 32 games. This was going to be all league games, all CC group games plus the CCQF.

Now, with the loss of Edinburgh and restructure of league campaign those same games total 34.
Have they said what’s happening to those two extra games?

If not, then two of the three Sunday 4pm games become non-season ticket games and must be purchased additionally. So that’s just one Sunday 4pm game on the season ticket, and a season ticket effectively gives you 5 free games.

pjj365

I can understand how annoyed/ disappointed some people might be to have read this information without prior warning, but there should be an easy solution which keeps everyone happy.
Season tickets are for 32 games. This was going to be all league games, all CC group games plus the CCQF.

Now, with the loss of Edinburgh and restructure of league campaign those same games total 34.

If not, then two of the three Sunday 4pm games become non-season ticket games and must be purchased additionally. So that’s just one Sunday 4pm game on the season ticket, and a season ticket effectively gives you 5 free games.
And take this to it's !logical conclusion if the aim is to increase the fan base - make the paid for ticket £5 all seats. AND advertise heavily and not just on-line line

Yes it's a Steelers idea but we need not be proud

Mazzoak

What happened to the fan council and fan engagement. It maybe the off season but most people have E-mail with social media easily able collate votes and or opinions on such divisive issues prior to making changes. I don’t get the growing of the fan base attitude, we’re at full capacity most games. The last thing the Devils organisation should want is hundreds of disgruntled people unable to get tickets every game. As for increasing capacity or moving premises, yeah that’s an option..........in around 2098.
The club is miles ahead of what it used to be, but let’s face it Cardiff isn’t New York, we don’t have the Garden and we don’t have owners with billionaire bank balances.
My take on it is l don’t like Ice Hockey being a family sport, in so much as I’m not a fan of very young uninterested kids at the IAW. I’m all for children above a certain age, who want to watch, play, become players, whatever, but l personally would never want young children watching what l still perceive as an adult sport with moments of violence and fans encouraging that violence. I don’t want my children to hear it, at least not until their old enough to understand the game.
So l prefer the later face off time. I’m surprised this is doing the rounds again, will this be back tracked, again. I hope not, l hope this will teach whoever in the organisation is persistently pushing this will have to live with the possible negative effect this may have, at least it will ultimately live or die never to be repeated.

august04

I could live with this proposal, seems sensible enough to me. Everyone until Finny’s post has assumed season ticket holders are getting the extra games for nothing but I haven’t seen any mention of that from the club and that outcome seems unlikely to me and will be no doubt financially damaging for the club.

bb1

Guys it's a 60 game season with only 4 games at 4pm.
Surely not a big deal.

How can the club keep 3000 plus fans happy?

Some people can't go to 6pm games on a Sunday as they have kids and the game finishes to late for them.

They have dealt with this for many years so I agree with a little change.
This is no doubt a trial to take us to next season where they may want to put all games at 4pm from what i've heard.

Love the 4 pm starts
Hate the midweek games
Hate the home double headers, then no hockey weekends.
Reason, living a distance from Cardiff, home games take between 6-7 hours out of my day.
The £5 buy back is not worth the hassle.
Like everyone one else, it's what suits me, so that's about 10 games I might not make, this will be my last as season ticket holder.
Rant over, looking forward to first game, I can make.

Kevlar68

Maybe 4pm could be from a business revenue point of view. If people are rushed to sit down for Sunday lunch they may give it a miss and buy food at arena. The food there isn't my kind of thing. After all its money in the bank no matter where it comes from and if food and beverage revenue was up on 4pm games then its a plus point for that time face off to extend to every Sunday game next season.

Would be nice to know what the thinking is behind trialling this time.

Have Hope#35

What happened to the fan council and fan engagement. It maybe the off season but most people have E-mail with social media easily able collate votes and or opinions on such divisive issues prior to making changes. I don’t get the growing of the fan base attitude, we’re at full capacity most games. The last thing the Devils organisation should want is hundreds of disgruntled people unable to get tickets every game. As for increasing capacity or moving premises, yeah that’s an option..........in around 2098.
The club is miles ahead of what it used to be, but let’s face it Cardiff isn’t New York, we don’t have the Garden and we don’t have owners with billionaire bank balances.
My take on it is l don’t like Ice Hockey being a family sport, in so much as I’m not a fan of very young uninterested kids at the IAW. I’m all for children above a certain age, who want to watch, play, become players, whatever, but l personally would never want young children watching what l still perceive as an adult sport with moments of violence and fans encouraging that violence. I don’t want my children to hear it, at least not until their old enough to understand the game.
So l prefer the later face off time. I’m surprised this is doing the rounds again, will this be back tracked, again. I hope not, l hope this will teach whoever in the organisation is persistently pushing this will have to live with the possible negative effect this may have, at least it will ultimately live or die never to be repeated.
Each to their own but you'll understand parents who don't share this view! TBH the time doesn't affect me either way as I take my son regardless... 4pm helps as he'll be in bed by 8ish rather than 9ish but hockey is our thing and I make an exception. He's 5 this year and this is his 3rd Season as a ST Holder... he is going on his second Belfast Double Header this year, went on RAT last year for the first time and has been to 4 Playoff Weekends - he also knows every players name and number! He therefore isn't one of the uninterested kids which you refer to... not all are the same and some will go on to be the British Stars of the future.

Foxy

Sorry but Todd really should have consulted season ticket holders before not after they have been renewed as he said he would in last years u turn.

Todd certainly seems to be upsetting more people than usual.

jimmy snels

its about letting people buy tickets without the information.

if they move Saturdays at any point my season ticket will be cancelled. i move shifts and take leave as it is for some sundays. i get there litrally at 7 after finishing work on a saturday. i know lots of others are in a similar position as well.
if it aint broke dont fix it comes to mind

Mazzoak

Each to their own but you'll understand parents who don't share this view! TBH the time doesn't affect me either way as I take my son regardless... 4pm helps as he'll be in bed by 8ish rather than 9ish but hockey is our thing and I make an exception. He's 5 this year and this is his 3rd Season as a ST Holder... he is going on his second Belfast Double Header this year, went on RAT last year for the first time and has been to 4 Playoff Weekends - he also knows every players name and number! He therefore isn't one of the uninterested kids which you refer to... not all are the same and some will go on to be the British Stars of the future.
I know a lot of parents won’t share this view, in much the same way a lot of parents won’t admit their presence is annoying.
I wasn’t aiming at you as l stated I’m all for children, of a certain age, who’s interested in the game. My point was aimed at the parents who’s father loves the game, the mother tolerates it because it’s time spent with hubby, who’s likely worked all week, spent most of the weekend tired, she drags the kids along because their bonding, albeit with uninterested daddy. Several games have had the pleasure of experiencing the stress and strain of some fans personal lives whilst trying to enjoy a game.
Why oh why is PR so lacking in these matters, engaging with fans is and has been poor for a while. Is the fan council still a thing, or just showboating interest that isn’t there.

OJLloyd

Agree the idea of purchasing a season ticket without knowing is not ideal.

I’m not sure you can make the comparison with football having varied times because we’ve been used to face offs at specific times, but most sports have ST holders renewing before knowing if they’ll be able to make every game.

But the main point is the club is not the reserve of fans who have been attending for a long time and buy season tickets. People like to have a drink, different face off times may suit different people. The club is right to explore different options and to make the whole experience as enjoyable as possible - sports these days need to offer more to compete for your money than just the sport itself.