Drew Schiestel Signs

Wannabe2

Thread starter #41
Welcome to Cardiff Drew, we had a bit of a blip earlier but are now back on track. Two points Wednesday now guys, and hopefully a max weekend and we are right back in the mix. This squad is now looking pretty neat let’s keep it going lads, you certainly are good enough.

Rob Batch

Jeez you lot are touchy on here! I can always rely on the happy-clap brigade to put words in my mouth and start attacking my posts!!

Im hardly super negative, I've made a valid observation which a couple of others have acknowledged and agreed with.

We've lost probably our #1 defenceman in Parisi and a massive player for us in Blood. Though I understand bdevils response because Parisi never actually played a game for us - but still you would expect is to be looking at a similar quality replacement, so I feel like that point is at least half valid!

I made a general assessment based on their CVS and type of players they were to judge which attributes we would be losing/gaining. I don't think I've said anything wrong or made any false statements up?

I've hardly chastised the new guy! It's like someone saying based on a CV, Cristiano Ronaldo is a better football player than me. Doesn't necessarily mean I'm a bad player?

To make it easier for the happy clappers to understand - does me thinking Blood is a more useful player (CV/attributes/known quantity) than Schiestel make me negative? Apparently so.

- wannabe, you mentioning Tie Domi just shows how clueless you are!! I'm well aware you don't have to be tall to be a tough player, but a quick look in the pims column will give you an idea that Schiestel obviously doesn't throw it around as much as Blood does!
<deleted> Although to be fair you are entitled to have an entertaining opinion and I feel entertained . I despise the term 'happy clapper' and despise posters that use the term to back up their very poor allegations.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gazza272

. Mosey coming off a bad injury and wasn't wanted back in Nottingham...

Definitely downgraded, and also lost a load of size/toughness. Gutted.

This isn't true. Mosey was wanted back by Nottingham in the summer and when he became available to us. But he opted to sign for us.

While we did get Strachan last year after the season started, that was October time, we are now Into November, how many 240 game AHL type players do you believe would be available at an EIHL price range?

Finny

I made a general assessment based on their CVS and type of players they were to judge which attributes we would be losing/gaining. I don't think I've said anything wrong or made any false statements up?
How did their CVs suggest to you though that they were downgrades?

Parisi played 4 seasons in the NCAA and then two a bit seasons in the AHL. Scoring 5 goals and 27 points in 121 games picking up just 48 PIMs.
Schiestel played 4 seasons in the OHL (as a high scoring Dman) before playing 6 seasons in the AHL. Scoring 11 goals and 63 points in 240 games, picking up 124 PIMs.

So Schiestel played double the AHL games that Parisi did and scored at a fractionally higher rate than him.

Based purely on their CV (I've seen neither of them played) he appears to be an almost like-for-like replacement for Parisi - but with more experience.
I wonder if the fact Parisi never played a game means people are building him up to be this world beater that we never saw.

What this signing does show though is how far the EIHL has moved in the space of a couple of years - along with the expectations of our fans.

For most of the EIHL era when we're signed a played I've hoped they would have a good number of ECHL seasons with a couple of call-ups to the AHL.
Now we're signing players who have been AHL All-Stars and played in some of the top European leagues and it's like "Hmmm, he seems ok I guess".

trapped

How did their CVs suggest to you though that they were downgrades?

Parisi played 4 seasons in the NCAA and then two a bit seasons in the AHL. Scoring 5 goals and 27 points in 121 games picking up just 48 PIMs.
Schiestel played 4 seasons in the OHL (as a high scoring Dman) before playing 6 seasons in the AHL. Scoring 11 goals and 63 points in 240 games, picking up 124 PIMs.

So Schiestel played double the AHL games that Parisi did and scored at a fractionally higher rate than him.

Based purely on their CV (I've seen neither of them played) he appears to be an almost like-for-like replacement for Parisi - but with more experience.
I wonder if the fact Parisi never played a game means people are building him up to be this world beater that we never saw.

What this signing does show though is how far the EIHL has moved in the space of a couple of years - along with the expectations of our fans.

For most of the EIHL era when we're signed a played I've hoped they would have a good number of ECHL seasons with a couple of call-ups to the AHL.
Now we're signing players who have been AHL All-Stars and played in some of the top European leagues and it's like "Hmmm, he seems ok I guess".
If I could hit the like button more times, I would...

Just a thought

Hotham replaced by parisi replaced by mosey upgraded with schiestel

Lost blood replaced my batch, who is Playing some Damn good D this year.

We now, I'm theory, have mosey as cover on D or F.
How is this a bad thing ?!?!