D'man Ziga Svete & Forward Vitali Kirichenko Join Devils

Finny

Vitali has been his teams 2nd highest scorer for the past two seasons which is very encouraging. The negative would be that he doesn't seem to have played at all this season?

Ziga looks like the offensive defenceman we have been looking for all season. Has travelled around a bit and has played in a range of standards of league.

Have Hope#35

Thread starter #4
Minor dig... Could we not spell their names correctly on the Devil's Press Release? It's Svete and not Svet and it's Vitali and not Vitaly! Otherwise Welcome to Cardiff both...

kettdevil1

Tad# said:
Difficult to judge. Hard to see how they'll adapt to our league.
Svet has played in both the Dutch and French league which is generally pretty decent......although signing players from the Dutch league tends to be a bit hit and miss as you found with Gordon :lol:

Will look forward to seeing them Sunday, always difficult to judge based on stats.

jimmy snels

Well im excited! Also I can see in no way carrying this many imports in a months time... so hopefully the players will step up their games to :-D

ASHIPP

Both these guys have fairly extensive European experience. Hope they adapt to our League quickly. Players to ice a full roster is what we need. Glad the Club have been able to bring in
3 rather than the 1 we we hoping for.

Welcome Ziga and Vitali

Finny said:
Vitali has been his teams 2nd highest scorer for the past two seasons which is very encouraging. The negative would be that he doesn't seem to have played at all this season?

Ziga looks like the offensive defenceman we have been looking for all season. Has travelled around a bit and has played in a range of standards of league.
I just had a look at the Kompanion Kiev website and although they don't have details of all of the games he was playing regularly up to 7th December. According to Eurohockey his stats are Played 12, Goals 7, Assists 3, PIM 2. These are probably fairly accurate as I noticed he had scored goals on some of the reports I looked at. They also have him down as signed for us.

Funnily enough my Ukrainian wife went to school with someone called Vitali Kirichenko but it wasn't our new signing.

Found his departure details. Says he left on 25th December and the stats I mentioned are correct (included 5 goals in one game). Didn't say why he left but he was in Trentino for the Winter Universiade.

Slartibartfast

oh dear
From Terry Phillips Twitter

Problem over Vitali Kirichenko's registration elsewhere meant the signing dropped. Cardiff Devils, though, could yet sign another forward

Gazza272

Slartibartfast said:
oh dear

Problem over Vitali Kirichenko's registration elsewhere meant the signing dropped. Cardiff Devils, though, could yet sign another forward

Given Cesky had a decent debut this isn't as bad as it could have been.

kettdevil1

Gazza272 said:
Slartibartfast said:
oh dear

Given Cesky had a decent debut this isn't as bad as it could have been.
Agreed and to be fair highlights the folly of announcing players before everything is sorted.......