Devils Vs Växjö Lakers - Tue 16 Oct - CHL

Devils86

Well if that isn’t an advertisement for CHL hockey I don’t know what is - great game. Irrespective of result when you consider performance. If the season ticket holders don’t want to come then their loss.

I’ll happily take their seat.

osh

Loved the tempo of this game. To come back from 3 - 0 down and then lead 5 -4 was a huge effort from the team. We had 3 very good chances in the 3 on 3 overtime and could easily have won, but fair play Vaxjo took their chance and snuck the win. The game itself was a great advert for CHL hockey, sadly that refereeing was below CHL standard and we suffered due to some very soft calls. It’s tough to play 3 line hockey as we did for the vast majority of the game against such speedy and skilled teams, but Vaxjo knew they were in one hell of a game tonight, well done boys !

Foxy

Absolutely gutted for the boys but at the same time so proud.

To come back from 3-0 down shows their backbone and character.

We'll just have to win the league and try again next year, We cant possibly be unlucky with the draw for a third time surely......

Earnie

Think of where we were 5 years ago. Here we are now taking the top team in Sweden to the wire in overtime. Fabulous hockey.
In my eyes of course we deserved the win. I feel so sorry for Lordo and the team. Keeps your heads up guys. We are proud of you.
Bring on Sheffield and Fife!!

davew

Well that was some comeback. At 3 nil down i was thinking lord should give murdy some time in the net...we then score and i thought at least we arent going to be shutout at home....then its 3-3 and we are back in with a shout...

Pity we couldnt hold onto the lead, but with so much time on pk we just didnt have the speed to hold it. The lakers know how to sell a penalty call to the refs. But that shows their desparation to secure the W.

I reckon there might still be a bad press report in the swedish press after blowing a 3 goal lead and only just scraping the win in OT.

If we could play CHL teams every week i would be very happy! Roll on next year.

JT666

Brilliant game, what a spectacle! Feared the worse when we went three down, especially as the atmosphere was flat, but boy did it all come together after the first couple of goals, superb entertainment.

My only complaint was the officiating. I really hope ice hockey doesn’t go the way of football where any little touch is met with players diving on the floor. Whilst I appreciate the skill on display in games such as this evening, for the casual fan, it’s the physicality and confrontation that draws them back. Referees need to accept big hits, provided they aren’t targeted at the head or neck, are a fundamental part of the sport.

That aside, I had a great night!

PS. Would definitely take Liam Reddox in a few years when his SHL career is over, noticed he’s played with Linglet before as well.

JC23

PS. Would definitely take Liam Reddox in a few years when his SHL career is over, noticed he’s played with Linglet before as well.
Also played alongside a certain Mr Andrew Lord during their time at Oklahoma City Barons in 2010/2011 if memory serves me correctly. At the same time that Matt Marquardt was there too.

Devil_Abroad

Loved the tempo of this game. To come back from 3 - 0 down and then lead 5 -4 was a huge effort from the team. We had 3 very good chances in the 3 on 3 overtime and could easily have won, but fair play Vaxjo took their chance and snuck the win. The game itself was a great advert for CHL hockey, sadly that refereeing was below CHL standard and we suffered due to some very soft calls. It’s tough to play 3 line hockey as we did for the vast majority of the game against such speedy and skilled teams, but Vaxjo knew they were in one hell of a game tonight, well done boys !
Woah did you see the Dixon chance in the slot with 8 seconds left? Wow that would have been a wonderful finish and a win in regulation

Another great effort and an import down.

Loved all the performances - bring it on again next season

terry hunt

Also played alongside a certain Mr Andrew Lord during their time at Oklahoma City Barons in 2010/2011 if memory serves me correctly. At the same time that Matt Marquardt was there too.
His stats show him as a dual national .He has strong family connections with Scotland.
Perhaps Pete Russell should have a chat to him for GB

Wannabe2

What a superb game of hockey, this game had everything, hold your heads up high guys you played one heck of a game, and left everything out there on the ice. I really do love this team, they never know when their beat, they keep chipping away and show so much character. Tonight we played matched and so nearly beat one heck of a team, we showed every opponent in this competition write us off at your peril, and what a thing to be able to say, and what a team to support. To our Owners, to our Management, to our superb Coach, and to our awesome Players, thanks guys I love this team, this sport, and what a time to be a Devils fan.
Happy Hockey Days

Well I was emotionally drained after that game last night, so god knows how the team feels.
For a game with nothing but pride on the line it showed how seriously it was taken by both teams.
It had everything and all the drama you could wish for. When we were on the extended PK the crowd noise was amazing to support the team.

Your mistaken If you don’t think the CHL is for us, the level of improvement over last year has been immense regardless of the final scores. Hopefully we will get further chances in the future.