Devils Vs Storm Pre-Season Back To Back Spectacular

jenks33

I hope so but when I watch him he don't offer nothing.

Slow not physical doesn't hit much.
If he doesn’t come good then that will be a big problem for us. I’m sure Skalde is banking on Dupont putting up big numbers.
I always think back to Layne Ulmer. To be honest I thought Layne Ulmer was useless for the first couple of months. Came good tho

jenks33

Could not afford another £15 and glad . Did Storm have full rosta ?
Yeah I think so. They put their back up
In goal midway through the match when the score was 2-1. I don’t think we would have scored 8 had Ginn stayed in but their back up didn’t let in any howlers to be fair. Ginn was playing very well though

mjh

No Duggan tonight. Anyone know why? I hope Dupont comes good. Have to admit, I honestly thought he wasn't playing until late in the third. Some great goals tonight. Reid was great but Cox's apples are a thing to behold. Tougher tests ahead.

Slartibartfast

That was some of the prettiest hockey I have seen. The passing and chemistry looked like this team has been playing together for a season. There seemed to be a number of line combinations but whoever played with who just seemed to click.

Waller with Cox and Sandford was a stroke of genius. Wallers speed is so suited to that line and what a finish on his goal.

Reid is also standing out now. The guy certainly knows how to score.

I agree that Dupont is having a slow start but I did see some glimpses of what might come tonight. I don't think he is doing anything particularly wrong. He is just being upstaged by his teammates who are playing some incredible hockey.

Manchester looked really strong defensively at the beginning but by the end looked like pylons. When a team attacks in waves like that there is not much a D or goalie can do.

Rob Batch

We need all teams to be at least able to compete at this level. Finances dictate everything so we need to level the playing-field. Thrashing under-funded teams is no indication of anything. I would like to see all teams have an equal chance . Blahhhhhhhhhhhh.

moggy#9

We need all teams to be at least able to compete at this level. Finances dictate everything so we need to level the playing-field. Thrashing under-funded teams is no indication of anything. I would like to see all teams have an equal chance . Blahhhhhhhhhhhh.
Wasn't that the reason for the ridiculous 19 player roster thing? Also, I thought they implemented a wage cap?

august04 2.0

I thought some of our passing was superb tonight, particularly In the second half of the game. I really like the chemistry between Dixon, Reid and Crandall and the Cox, Sanford and Waller line were like lightning. The transition out of the defensive zone is so much quicker this season and I’m really enjoying watching this team so much more than in the past few years. As has been mentioned, there were a few glimpses tonight of what DuPont could bring and he certainly looked fitter than in previous games, but for someone who was presumably signed to be our top line centre (and that’s where he started in the CHL games), he doesn’t look like he’s up to that billing. I hope I’m proved wrong on that but I remain to be convinced. We look very strong though this year, love our goaltending too.

Finny

Don’t forget we are well ahead of Manchester in terms of games played and match fitness.

At 2-1 midway through the second the Storm were definitely in the game. As with our games v Nottingham though the opposition ran out of energy in the 3rd and we ran away with the game.

Far too early to say whether there is an imbalance in the league or not.

Rob Batch

Don’t forget we are well ahead of Manchester in terms of games played and match fitness.

At 2-1 midway through the second the Storm were definitely in the game. As with our games v Nottingham though the opposition ran out of energy in the 3rd and we ran away with the game.

Fair comment but I think you Know what I mean. I do not like extreme one-sided games even with my sour grapes of not having seen it, 15 effin squid?

jenks33

Yeah it’s easy for people to look at the final score and think it was one way traffic for the whole game but it was only 2-1 half way through that game and they replaced Ginn in net. Devils were always winning that game but 8-1 doesn’t tell the whole story.

Wannabe2

God I love this team so so much, we are watching some breath taking hockey at the moment, and it’s only going to get better our balance is untrue. Our speed is not far off F1 speed, skill levels are often quite breathtaking, Physicality no one will bully this team it just ain’t going to happen, goaltending will be a huge strength for this team, and togetherness as a team it’s already big time apparent. Jesus another few weeks together and we could actually become frightening, what a great entertaining team Mr Skalde has put together here, don’t you just love it. Everyone of us has had to put up with so much shit over the last 18 months, and it’s been a bloody nightmare for us all, but these lads are putting the vitality back into life for me, for you, and for us all purely because they are a real joy to watch. Thanks guys it’s been so long to looking forward to weekends, but it’s back now and Jesus don’t it feel bloody good. Happy Hockey Days folks, bloody love it.