Devils Vs Storm - League - 24th Oct 2021

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils have only one game this weekend and its against Manchester Storm. The Storm will be hosting the giants the night before so have a couple of big games but are coming off the back of that blowout to Fife so will be looking to make amends. Looks like the game is already approaching a sell out which is great news for a Storm game early season, it's on Premier Sports if you cant make it to the bay.

jenks33

You’d like to think we will have far too much for them this weekend. We should have too much for them anyway but Storm played last night and have got Belfast tomorrow night. Big crowd and it’s on tv so our boys should want to impress.

moggy#9

You’d like to think we will have far too much for them this weekend. We should have too much for them anyway but Storm played last night and have got Belfast tomorrow night. Big crowd and it’s on tv so our boys should want to impress.
I have a sneaky suspicion that Waller might run them ragged. I imagine we'll start kozun for this one.

Btw does anyone know when McNally is due to come off injured reserve?

Kevlar68

Is there anywhere that injury updates have been posted?
I've not seen anything for McNally or Duggan of why they're out or how long it may be or what the progress is.
It would be nice to havr some sort of info.

moggy#9

Is there anywhere that injury updates have been posted?
I've not seen anything for McNally or Duggan of why they're out or how long it may be or what the progress is.
It would be nice to havr some sort of info.
Wasn't it said in the past that the club keep this stuff as confidential as possible, other than what they have to release?

Kevlar68

I mean it's not like it's a secret play the coach has or what tactics are for the game, we know they're injured.
It's not like if they said " McNally is out for 2 months with a broken wrist" that supporters are going to stay away until he's back.
In other sports they release this sort of info.

rocketbob

In the NHL it is usually only "upper body injury" or "lower body injury" but as you say, they can sometimes give timescales but not always. Hopefully they are both "day-to-day" or "game time decisions" rather than weeks/months.

moggy#9

In the NHL it is usually only "upper body injury" or "lower body injury" but as you say, they can sometimes give timescales but not always. Hopefully they are both "day-to-day" or "game time decisions" rather than weeks/months.
With the injured reserve stuff they have to deregister valdix, so I guess there'd have to be an announcement on that.

Mazzoak

I mean it's not like it's a secret play the coach has or what tactics are for the game, we know they're injured.
It's not like if they said " McNally is out for 2 months with a broken wrist" that supporters are going to stay away until he's back.
In other sports they release this sort of info.
The strategy of sport sometimes gets overlooked by fans, it’s always fascinated me. I guess coaches don’t want to give too much away.

moggy#9

The strategy of sport sometimes gets overlooked by fans, it’s always fascinated me. I guess coaches don’t want to give too much away.
I always remember the Wembley final where John lawless kept up the charade that Nicky chinn was injured - even up to him only doing a limited warm up. It turned out that chinny was actually fully fit and went on to (iirc) score a hat trick. I think that was the year that Steelers fans had shirts with "champions" on the back of them, covered by a strip of paint. They ended up losing to the devils 12-1! Hilarious.

voth26

I'm hoping we out work the storm and match the storm's physical play, we've got the players to do it and i'm praying big Lou or Batchy batters the crap out of springer (wishful thinking lol). We have to take our chances as Ginn is a good nettie who tends to stand on his head against us.

BostonBart22

I always remember the Wembley final where John lawless kept up the charade that Nicky chinn was injured - even up to him only doing a limited warm up. It turned out that chinny was actually fully fit and went on to (iirc) score a hat trick. I think that was the year that Steelers fans had shirts with "champions" on the back of them, covered by a strip of paint. They ended up losing to the devils 12-1! Hilarious.
Didnt something similar happen when bowns got off the bus at sheffield on crutches and he played ..