Devils Vs Storm - 23 Mar 19 - League

Slartibartfast

The defensive play has been brilliant the last few weeks. Everyone supporting each other in the D. If one player loses a puck battle another picks it up. The forechecking has also been great especially in the first period tonight which allowed us to control the game as Storm could not keep possession for long.
It was good to have the old Pope back. He seems to be settling on that line well.
Dixon on the other hand has just been consistent all season. What a work horse that guy is.
Mosey has also proved to be a valuable addition. Possibly the best utility player we have had.
You just could not fault any player tonight. A brilliant performance

Wannabe2

Well done to the fans for understanding what was needed tonight and bringing the atmosphere.

Have to say the guy who I dearly hope gets to lift that trophy is Dixon. Clearly playing through injury and putting it all on the line. That goal tonight was a thing of beauty for a healthy player let alone one who is banged up. He is giving it everything and I hope he gets the reward.
Dixon is a pure joy to watch, please Devils sign this guy for next season he is a Devil thru and thru.

Rich Best

Dixon is a pure joy to watch, please Devils sign this guy for next season he is a Devil thru and thru.
I agree, Dixon is a devil through and through. But I think we should arguably sign every one of them. We've only lost 9 games in regulation, unbelievable consistency really. Thinking back at the games we have lost in regulation, I can think of a few which have been by only one goal.

Samael

Result. Well pleased with the way we have capitalised tonight on Belfast dropping a game Friday. Although we've won nothing yet this year, this really is a golden time in the club's history. Well done to all the players & staff and thank you to the Calgary 4 for putting this club back where it belongs. I haven't even been drinking tonight but had to lay on some gushing praise!

Wannabe2

I am just saying that you were very negative about our hopes last week, a bit of a knee jerk reaction. A week later you are very upbeat.

Still hockey to play. Dundee HAVE to win every game to have a chance, so they will be tough opposition tomorrow. If we lose tomorrow please no knee jerk reaction, it will still be in our hands and we will not be relying on anyone else's result.
Sorry mate but we don’t always see things the same thankfully, I say things as I see them, as you do, that’s doesnt mean you are wrong, as it doesn’t mean I am wrong. It’s about saying it as you see it, you being the main thing. We all see things thru different eyes, that’s what makes conversations.

Rich Best

Sorry mate but we don’t always see things the same thankfully, I say things as I see them, as you do, that’s doesnt mean you are wrong, as it doesn’t mean I am wrong. It’s about saying it as you see it, you being the main thing. We all see things thru different eyes, that’s what makes conversations.
No worries, just keep the faith. As someone who has watched for 32 years you know how bad it has been at times, so we are really blessed with what we have now. That is why I get gnarled with some of the negativity of people on here. It is like we are entitled to win. We are not.

Gaz G

Pissed are you? Lol

Diablo3

I have to say, that was as complete a performance as I have seen all season. Talk about delivering when it's needed. Well done to the entire team! Great atmosphere in the arena too.

BostonBart22

What a game, couldnt ask for more for pure class and entertainment, 100mph first 10 mins from both sides. game changer i thought was finnerty , what a dick , storm were starting to play a bit more coming into the game and sends springer on to wind up mark louis who put him on his arse especially after the first punch which clearly rocked springer. if i could pick 3 mvp players in the last month it would be Bowns..Linglet pure class that wraparound and Dixon, although credit where its due the whole squad has improved since the belfast double header away and full marks to our D since then, good luck boys in Dundee tonight...

Finny

Our run in to a potential 3rd title couldn’t be any better. Come on boys. Almost there
Not sure I’d agree with that.
Dundee have to win tonight else their season is over.
Coventry Away will be very tough too as they’ll be fighting to get that last playoff spot.

Gough60

By the time we play blaze they would have already played giant's and storm so I think their fate will be known.
Fantastic performance last night. All worthy of a shout for MOM. Think the record breaking shut out tipped it for Ben. Could be champions tonight with a win and a giants loss.

Ger-Devils

By the time we play blaze they would have already played giant's and storm so I think their fate will be known.
Fantastic performance last night. All worthy of a shout for MOM. Think the record breaking shut out tipped it for Ben. Could be champions tonight with a win and a giants loss.
Blaze also play the Flames tonight which won’t be an easy one.

Whether people think it’s justified or not, the team have received some criticism on here when we lose (from myself included) so I think it’s only right to post positively when they play as well as they did last night.

A great performance with intensity, skill, fight and grit all on show. Really couldn’t fault a single aspect. Every single player turned up. In a game with so much resting on it we could have buckled a bit under the pressure but not a chance, we raised our game instead, the sign of a great team.

More again tonight please!

Wannabe2

Whether people think it’s justified or not, the team have received some criticism on here when we lose (from myself included) so I think it’s only right to post positively when they play as well as they did last night.

A great performance with intensity, skill, fight and grit all on show. Really couldn’t fault a single aspect. Every single player turned up. In a game with so much resting on it we could have buckled a bit under the pressure but not a chance, we raised our game instead, the sign of a great team.

More again tonight please!
Spot on, a great performance to watch, loved it.

jimmy snels

springer offered louis at the face off and was clearly looking for it. my bet is he found way more than he was looking for. louis is throwing that right cross to great effect and if springer didnt manage to catch on to lou's jersey he was on his arse just like Fitzgerald.

Slartibartfast

Typical Finnerty tactics. You would think he would learn. Earlier in the season Storm were taking loads of penalties and losing. Then they cut down the penalties and started winning. But when Finnerty doesn't know what to do against a team as good as the Devils he reverts back to all he knows.