Devils Vs Storm - 05 Jan 19 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Devils are hosting Finnertys Storm in the Viola Arena this Saturday night. Storm always bring the physical game so it will be good to see how the Devils respond. It's mostly sold out so if you haven't got tickets yet, now would be a good time

Hockeymad

Great result devils!! Said it at the start of the year FOURNIER will be our number 1 man,

Get in there.

Panthers lose who imo are out of the race now let’s hope giants lose too,

GOOO DEVILS

mjh

Not at our best but good win nonetheless. Fourns and Linglet awesome yet again. Special mention to Dixon and Benti who add so much to the team and Pope who took his goal well.

Devils86

Honourable mentions to Myers and Mosey tonight as well. That being said throughout the team there were good performances. A bounce here or a deflection there and it could have been far more comfortable.

Glad to see Pope on the scoresheet, and another “Gleason Tap-In”

Pope#42

What a game! I definitely got my money’s worth tonight! Oh - and THAT Fournier goal?! Definitely up there as a contender for goal of the season!

voth26

Really enjoyed tonight's game, to be honest it was a totally different game than I was expecting. Pretty even game at 1-1 thought Storm had a good p2 but we had the better chances, into p3 and then up skates Mr Fournier with a trade mark coast to coast super goal, that one play totally energised the team and the whole building we need him signed up for years to come. With a bit more luck after hitting the posts quite a few times and being more clinical we could of had 3/4 more goals. Crowd really got behind the guys which was great to see and hear, tough game tomorrow but if we play for 60 mins and stick to the game plan hopefully we take 2 much needed points

BostonBart22

one of the best games this season, thought storm were one of the best away teams at the viola , and for us to win without a powerplay is a first i believe at home this season , storm gave it all first two periods but they got a lot of big players and you could see them struggling in the third, and WOW that goal by fournier was far the best at home since moving from the BBT. 2 big scottish games coming up , both on fire at mo so devils need to be focused.. good luck boys..

Foxy

Not the game i expected. Manchester go a game without a penalty lol

Period one we dominated and we were unlucky to go in level. Period 2 i thought was pretty even but period 3 we were back on top. Fournier's goal was superb and we should have scored a shed load in this period. I still think we are in the mind set of going for that pretty pass instead of going for the shot. Thought all the imports had a good game although i have to admit i did say to my son i thought Pope was still off his game and then he went and scored a goal lol

Not forgetting the Brits..... but im so glad they play for us. Ritchie solid as a rock, Batch is improving every game, Myers is Myers strong as an ox with a terrier tenacity, Duggan his positional play is improving every game and Rutkis is so much better than when he first signed for us. Would like to see him get more ice time though and finally Bowns, what can you say that's not been said before and hes all ours lol

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

Probably the best coast to coast goal in our history. Better than MC’s and Richie’s for me.
Thats blasphemy. ;). Seriously though, God scored some great coast to coast goals but the defense and netminders were of much lower quality in those days. To score a goal like that in a league this good just shows the quality of Fournier.

Best game of the season for me, forgot how enjoyable even strength hockey is, prior to this game, most of the games seem to have nothing but Power Play hockey, thank you Mr. Pering and Mr. Hogarth

august04

The refs took some stick from some of the crowd late in the 3rd period but they’d put their whistle away for the whole game, couldn’t expect them to call some contentious penalties late on, that might effect the game. For the first time this season, I didn’t notice the officials, it was great! I’d much rather they call games like that than try to be the star of the show as we all too frequently see from some other higher profile refs.

Last edited: