Devils Vs steelers - League - 4th Dec 21

jenks33

For the umpteenth time this season we have created bugger all 5 on 5. I said after the Belfast win that we can’t just rely on our Powerplay all season.

Hockeymad

I have just left this game and the effort is 100% there from the players.

Unfortunately the quality from a few is not.

I won't say a certain name as you all know by now who it is.

I also would like to say we have been unlucky tonight.

2 of there goals were absolute gifts.

Devils hit the post 3 times and missed a sitter.

This is not a 4- 1 game.

Expect 3rd or 4th place finish imo

ASHIPP

I thought that a controlled, focused performance would help the Devils get the result.. the Steelers are delivering that.

You wouldn't know they were banged up and missing three imports. League leaders find ways to compensate.

moggy#9

You cannot win games only playing 10 minutes of hockey. Some devils players do not work hard enough. For me of the forwards only Sanford can hold his head up high. The rest were a ware of space for most of the game.

OJLloyd

Well, that was frustrating.

The first goal was unlucky, I’m not going to say anything about that.

Second was as a result of a poor defensive decision again.

But honestly, the lack of goal scoring threat 5-on-5 is really worrying.

We made their goalie look like a Vezina winner by shooting straight at his chest (when on target).

I wasn’t happy with some of the ref calls, but we weren’t at the races for 50 minutes so I’m not sure it’s that important.

jenks33

I have just left this game and the effort is 100% there from the players.

Unfortunately the quality from a few is not.

I won't say a certain name as you all know by now who it is.

I also would like to say we have been unlucky tonight.

2 of there goals were absolute gifts.

Devils hit the post 3 times and missed a sitter.

This is not a 4- 1 game.

Expect 3rd or 4th place finish imo
“I have just left this game and the effort is 100% there from the players.

Unfortunately the quality from a few is not.”

I thought the same. To be honest I think the effort is there we just lack quality in certain areas. Fair play our Powerplay is lethal and it was a great fight back at the end. 5 on 5 is a worry though and it has been for most of the season. If teams are disciplined against we look toothless for large parts of games

BostonBart22

Well if we can't turn up for a Sheffield game there's no hope is there, out coached, bullied us all night, no reaction when mosey skated into carruth, worst part is Sheffield were only in 2nd gear , very worrying a lot of players not interested, and why didn't Sheffield get a bench minor with philipps and another player playing musical benches, it's gonna be a long season by the looks of it..