Devils Vs steelers - League - 18th Dec 21

Earnie

Wow, I enjoyed that. Well done guys . See, you can do it!
Denied a regulation win by a cheating goalie .Guess we will get two pages because we won.We need to loose to get nine pages.

Hedd Wyn John

I thought the Devils would get outgunnes tonight but Im glad i was wrong.

I'm very pleased with the Devils tonight, they showed passion, determination control & skill. They played entertaining hockey. They went toe-to-toe with league leaders & were the better side.
It wasn't a perfect performance, steelers punished errors ruthlessly but in the end Devils wanted it more and that fire showed when they played.

osh

Wasn’t at the game but delighted for the win which should be a huge incentive to the team after recent poor performances. Hoping we can build on this.

kristian

Great win tonight thought all the D played a great game.
Think we got away with high stick on the winning goal.
But we deserved the luck after putting up Brust knocking goals off twice.
Guys celebrating was great to see looked tonight that we are a TEAM

Hedd Wyn John

Fully expected to lose tonight, didn't expect anything from us. I'll happily eat those words as we came out and played some really good hockey, Brust getting exposed for the slow cheating walrus he is and the boys took full advantage of it, my only one gripe about our performance tonight is our power play just did not work.
Yeah PP looked really disjointed, 5 on 5 Devils looked really sharp the reverse of what's been going on all season.

Devils86

Fully expected to lose tonight, didn't expect anything from us. I'll happily eat those words as we came out and played some really good hockey, Brust getting exposed for the slow cheating walrus he is and the boys took full advantage of it, my only one gripe about our performance tonight is our power play just did not work.
Whilst it didn't work it did seem that they were trying something different tonight. They just need to move that puck quicker! That being said if you have a core PP unit that KNOWS where each other will be that will come in time.

Thought Crandall was very, very good tonight. Last few weeks since he's puffed out his chest a bit he's really come into his own - thought he had a very quiet start as a Devil but his points had mainly been on the road.

Batch - another great shift. He gets better every year. Whole D did well but....

I HATE how ruthlessly efficient the Stealers are. We need that. This team needs to learn to how to win those games you just don't win, to get the points you shouldn't get - then we can discuss silverware.

But let's in the first case hope for a completed season

Hedd Wyn John

Good observation of how ruthlessly efficient the Steelers can be, it was a welcome surprise how we dealt with that.
It is very true. Assuming the league goes all the way I'd be surprised if the Steelers didn't win it. They can score for fun when they want to. At one point tonight I kept thinking every chance we give away the Steelers have a way of finding that net. Despite that we got the win.

Regarding the net that was dislodged, only my observation but when the Zamboni re-iced after warm up the guy replacing the pegs clearly didn't have a clue how to:
1) Drill the holes, he only went down half of the drill bit at most,
2) didn't know the rubber peg had 2 different diameters (one for the ice, the other for the inside of the post) so both were inserted differently.
3) he didn't test it after siting the net.

We may need to look at ourselves a bit

AJ73

Not at the game tonight but a big win, hopefully a catalyst for the team to kick on (regulations dependant!)
Nice to see Davies & Lammon picking up some important goals too!