Devils Vs Steelers - 6 & 7 Apr 19 -Play Off Quarter Finals

Swarley

id like to see louis drop him personally. i just dont think rissling will be interested in it at all. he's taking a fight there he's got what, a 10% chance of winning? being a semi final is a good excuse not to answer the bell. he will play that card. id imagine if we go a few up (or down...) we might see him no choiced....
Can't see rissling keeping a cool head at all tbh, he's an egotistical skin flute and he's bound to gloat about putting Mosey out of action, which is more than enough reason for someone like Louis to no choice him the first chance he gets, that or have Livingston clip him and send him flying. it would fire the entire line up and show the panthers we are not messing about and it's something I think they wouldn't expect us to do.

Samael

Can't see rissling keeping a cool head at all tbh, he's an egotistical skin flute and he's bound to gloat about putting Mosey out of action, which is more than enough reason for someone like Louis to no choice him the first chance he gets, that or have Livingston clip him and send him flying. it would fire the entire line up and show the panthers we are not messing about and it's something I think they wouldn't expect us to do.
I'm liking this because of the term 'skin flute' :D

James

Administrator
Thread starter #271
Devils will be used to the away dressing room in Nottingham, it would be more unsettling for them to be in the 'home' one.

Earnie

Yes,like Nottingham, if we are playing no other team gets to use our dressing room.
Fair enough I say.(to both teams)

Last edited:

voth26

I like the idea of Livingston giving him a clip in fact do it it at every opportunity, and really get under his skin and rissling will react at some point. However we have to be smart and stick to the game plan, we need a weekend of the way we played in the 2nd leg and hit anything that has a panthers logo, tighten up in a few areas and stay disciplined and patient and take any and every opportunity that comes our way

You couldn’t be further from the truth i’m Afraid, Rissling has no way gloated anywhere about that hit on Evan.
Why assume when you don’t even know. What’s even more confusing is that Darnell who is supposed to be the best ref in the league didn’t even call it at the time but let’s not bring all that up again it’s worn itself out. Here’s hoping a great game and an even better weekend for all the fans.

Rich Best

You couldn’t be further from the truth i’m Afraid, Rissling has no way gloated anywhere about that hit on Evan.
Why assume when you don’t even know. What’s even more confusing is that Darnell who is supposed to be the best ref in the league didn’t even call it at the time but let’s not bring all that up again it’s worn itself out. Here’s hoping a great game and an even better weekend for all the fans.
I am pretty sure he made a gloating gesture at the time. Can't comment on his conduct in respect to the mosey incident after the event. However, he went on to commit other equally cowardly actions on other players, including multiple cross checks to the back of a players head whilst he lay on the floor.

Let's put it this way, he doesn't feature on my Christmas card list!

I don't fully expect it will happen, but maybe having Louis making a clear offer early on (that all the crowd can see) will give us a psychological boost. If he accepts the offer, I am pretty sure big Lou will teach him a thing or two about the art of combat. If he declines the offer, he will have to do it openly which will make him look a coward (which he is) in front of thousands of people.

After that, he clearly has a problem with his temperament so we need to check and niggle him at every single opportunity (within the confines of the rules), and I am pretty sure we can prompt reaction which will put Panthers at a disadvantage.

Rich Best

Ulmer. spent time getting pictures with his kid, last to leave the ice. Lord waited for him by the dressing room door also.

I hope I'm wrong, but it felt like a goodbye. Hopefully I'm wrong though, I really think the guy could play for a good number of years yet.
That is how I saw it, unfortunately, also.

BostonBart22

I am pretty sure he made a gloating gesture at the time. Can't comment on his conduct in respect to the mosey incident after the event. However, he went on to commit other equally cowardly actions on other players, including multiple cross checks to the back of a players head whilst he lay on the floor.

Let's put it this way, he doesn't feature on my Christmas card list!

I don't fully expect it will happen, but maybe having Louis making a clear offer early on (that all the crowd can see) will give us a psychological boost. If he accepts the offer, I am pretty sure big Lou will teach him a thing or two about the art of combat. If he declines the offer, he will have to do it openly which will make him look a coward (which he is) in front of thousands of people.

After that, he clearly has a problem with his temperament so we need to check and niggle him at every single opportunity (within the confines of the rules), and I am pretty sure we can prompt reaction which will put Panthers at a disadvantage.
No doubt Lepine will be on the ice hovering around so may not be a good match up then if lepine steps in before Rissling although Lepine may have seen big Lou put fitzy on his backside, anyway i dont think it will happen , to much on the game especaily if the officials view it as an instigator penalty to Lou and dish out 17 mins to him, not worth it tbh...

voth26

No doubt Lepine will be on the ice hovering around so may not be a good match up then if lepine steps in before Rissling although Lepine may have seen big Lou put fitzy on his backside, anyway i dont think it will happen , to much on the game especaily if the officials view it as an instigator penalty to Lou and dish out 17 mins to him, not worth it tbh...
If Lou goes with Lepine then its a better trade for panthers than us, Lepine has been extremely poor this season and has little impact on a game while big Lou is more important to us on the ice