Devils Vs Steelers - 6 & 7 Apr 19 -Play Off Quarter Finals

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Devils face the Steelers in the play off quarters this weekend. Saturday we head to the house of rust and return to the bay to do it all again on Sunday night. If you are heading down to the game the Devils are still running an Easter Egg charity drive and if you cant make it the game will be on Freesports.

Milky

Still in the mother of all downers after Sunday so I’m sure this is clouding my judgement.

Soooooo deflated after losing to Coventry. I really hope the players aren’t feeling like I do otherwise we’ll be sitting out POFW. Especially as the Steelers have hit their usual end of season patch of form. 2nd best in the league for the last 7/8 games I’m led to believe. I’m not confident about the next two games.

Not embarrassed to say I’m in normally in the happy clapper brigade so please can someone cheer me up!!

Think I need one of Todd’s motivational speeches.

Devilsatw

I really hope we win these two legs as I’m still hurting from last weeks defeat,

Nottingham is all booked too.

so let’s go devils

Rob Batch

I still believe we have the best roster in the league. I reckon all the players are hurting more than us fans and we all know how dangerous a wounded beast can be.

mjh

Yep...I've got a feeling we'll see a big reaction from the guys. I'm expecting a very strong performance in this one.

BostonBart22

Yes hoping the team are up for this big time, they know they got it in them , and whatever happens in first leg we will all be right behind the devils in the 2nd leg..good luck team/coaches..

Mazzoak

Fully expect a massive response, Todd’s speech should have fired up the guys, those stats mean nothing if there aren’t any trophies in the cabinet.

Pope#42

I’m hoping we can pick ourselves up after the weekend. Just a thought though - perhaps this weekend would be the perfect opportunity for one of those motivational videos to get the crowd going. They’ve always been something I’ve enjoyed seeing and they have always helped to get the crowd pumped - the comebacks video is the first to come to mind and still gives me goosebumps to this day! Just a thought...

jimmy snels

im sadly giving this one a miss and watching on freesports. spent a fair bit on recent away games so with me not going to notts decided best to save the cash

Samael

Oh god no. Not more rock please. Something like Chvrches - Recover (some pretty decent remixes out there too which are a bit 'harder' than the pop-tastic original) I'd rather see accompany a video at this time, but that's probably a bit too contemporary for all you snow wash denim Quo fans out there lol

I hope the team have managed to have a good week training and had a chance of some reflection. It's going to be hard to bounce back from last weekend but if they get their heads straight, relax a bit and concentrate on what is in front of them now l see no reason they can't take Shuff's scalp. Just need to make sure nothing is taken for granted, they play for each other and everyone does their job.

Last edited:

Rich Best

The key with this group will be getting them to feel like they have nothing to lose now, rather than that they HAVE to win to rescue the season.

If we play with a nothing to lose mindset, we will win the playoffs.

If we play carrying a huge weight of expectation, it will hold us back and we may come up short.

I hope the management have been able to get the players mindset right. If we perform with smiles on faces, we will win. It is as simple as that. We have what it takes.

Kevin roog

It will be something like Steelers 4 devils 3 in Sheffield and then 5.1 to us Sunday . They ain’t laid a finger on us in Cardiff this year.

Gough60

Disappointed this fixture not sold out. Squeelers home in a quarter final play off game!
I realize freesports have hijacked the game but we need to be LOUD for this game with whatever support we have at the rink.

Mooney#16

Play off hockey is always a slightly different beast and with how Devils must be feeling at present i’m expecting to see Devils put in a very menacing performance of speed and aggression. If i’m being honest I want to see hits finished at every opportunity on Saturday and Sheffield put in a match they simply can’t keep up with. Sheffield do not have the same skill but there only hope is speed and intensity. If Devils match them for that they have the ability to take them apart. Have to say despite a lot of fine talking this last week to rationalise missing out on the league there really can’t be any excuses to a performance lacking intensity this weekend. If the players want redemption the only way is hard work and desire. I get that score line and performance don’t always go hand in hand but I want to see a performance with a real chip on its shoulder.

Sliput

Disappointed this fixture not sold out. Squeelers home in a quarter final play off game!
I realize freesports have hijacked the game but we need to be LOUD for this game with whatever support we have at the rink.
Rightly or wrongly I think people will see what the result is on Saturday and decide then. The Playoff finals are next weekend and it's definatley not a cheap weekend so people may be saving their money. Also, as you say, it's on Freesports so there also may be people saving money and watching that.

pjj365

It might not be a sell out but other than the usual bronze blocks it's not looking too bad with a couple of days to go

Also, this is a paid for game so where you see a seat taken it is unlikely to be a ST who might not show. So it's a committed attendance

Away block virtually sold out so, yes, will need to be loud

hip check

Didn't realise it was a ticket only game...just secured a couple of tickets now..block 13 next to traffic cones, should be educational lol.

Swarley

Didn't realise it was a ticket only game...just secured a couple of tickets now..block 13 next to traffic cones, should be educational lol.
I've sat in that block loads of times, it's a quiet end unless you get some decent devils fans with you, the steeler fans are a funny bunch as they can't stand people chirping at whistle