Devils Vs Steelers - 6 & 7 Apr 19 -Play Off Quarter Finals

Decent result in the end all things considered. The 5 minute major was a big factor in the Steelers gaining momentum, but the guys did well to bring it back to a one goal game.

Bring on tomorrow! Let’s do this!

Devils86

I’m going to hold my tongue on some of the topics discussed on this thread.

I will say, great spirit in coming back and now means it’s all to play for tomorrow. Interested to see the “spear” and what happened - no doubt DOPS will mess it up.

jenks33

Fair play that comeback was all about character. Our confidence is on its arse at the moment and we just chipped away and found a way to stay in the tie. When that 5th Sheffield goal went in I was thinking this could be 7 or 8. It was such a sloppy goal to concede I just thought we might implode.
Anyone think Hedden is carrying an injury? I know most players are carrying injuries at this time of year but he’s way off the pace. He was in great form a few weeks ago and he just doesn’t look right to me

Rich Best

Fair play that comeback was all about character. Our confidence is on its arse at the moment and we just chipped away and found a way to stay in the tie. When that 5th Sheffield goal went in I was thinking this could be 7 or 8. It was such a sloppy goal to concede I just thought we might implode.
Anyone think Hedden is carrying an injury? I know most players are carrying injuries at this time of year but he’s way off the pace. He was in great form a few weeks ago and he just doesn’t look right to me
Great result, set up well for tomorrow. Great character result (even though it wasn't a win), that last 15 mins could be key in our season. Glad the guys stayed positive.

kettdevil1

Cracking game of playoff hockey, not totally sure how we ended up 5-1 down other than a meltdown of discipline that occurred round the Livingston ejection. There were long spells when we dominated but a combination of a poor PP, some wayward passing and a few blown assignments put us behind the 8 ball.

The 5+Game was a strange one, I wouldn’t have complained too much if he had gone for kneeing but nobody in the arena other than the refs saw the spear so maybe the right result but from the wrong incident? To be fair the game had threatened to boil over repeatedly, Louis flattened a Steeler on his way to the bench when the refs attention was elsewhere and there were niggles off the puck throughout the game, it really was one of those games when you needed a spare pair of eyes.

Sheffield played smart playoff hockey but they looked dead on their feet by the end, I just hope they gave everything tonight but.... I suspect we will have to weather another storm Sunday. Hopefully this time our discipline holds.

Wannabe2

Dodged a major bullet there. Steelers missed quite a few gilt edged chances. They could easily have scored 8 and I wouldn’t have said that was unfair.

Fingers crossed we benefit from their wasted efforts and get over the line tomorrow. Should be a great atmosphere
Spot on

Slartibartfast

As awful as those first two periods were I would not want to change most of this team and certainly would not want to lose Bownsy. He was left out to dry on a few of those goals. Lets not forget he has the second best save average in the league.
As the league gets more competitive we will need a few upgrades like every year but the core of this team have immense talent and I hope they stay.
I also think Lordo is a great coach but he needs to clamp down on this complacency against perceived weaker teams that has cost us 3 trophys already.
If all the team could put in the 110% we see every week from the likes of Martin, Dixon, Linglet, Mosey and Fournier we would totally dominate this league. Im not saying any of the team are lazy, but it needs an extra level of effort to win a league this good with teams who are so hungry.

Samael

Missed the game tonight, due to unforseen circumstances, looks like it was a thriller though.

After reading through a lot of over reaction and bickering on this thread..... I'm really not surprised we are the laughing stock of the league, I'm talking about the fans, not the team. I'm starting to doubt whether having a Cardiff Devils forum is a good idea, which is a real shame. God knows what Chris and James must be thinking.

Was #88 okay after the knock he took?

Last edited:

kettdevil1

Missed the game tonight, due to unforseen circumstances, looks like it was a thriller though.

After reading through a lot of over reaction and bickering on this thread..... I'm really not surprised we are the laughing stock of the league, I'm talking about the fans, not the team. I'm starting to doubt whether having a Cardiff Devils forum is a good idea, which is a real shame. God knows what Chris and James must be thinking.

Was #88 okay after the knock he took?
Yes, he was caught by a decent check but bounced straight back

BostonBart22

I’m going to hold my tongue on some of the topics discussed on this thread.

I will say, great spirit in coming back and now means it’s all to play for tomorrow. Interested to see the “spear” and what happened - no doubt DOPS will mess it up.
DOPS has been spot on all season , not like the old days, tough one to review though for DOPS ... kneeing borderline.... spearing the on ice penalty didnt see it , so waiting on DOPS now..

CaldicotDevil

DOPS has been spot on all season , not like the old days, tough one to review though for DOPS ... kneeing borderline.... spearing the on ice penalty didnt see it , so waiting on DOPS now..
DOPS have been shocking and inconsistent this year. Rissling only got 2 games the other week for cross checking a players head into the ice, Despite twice having previous history this season for checks to the head.

Devils86

DOPS have had a weird season, they seemed to start OK but then went to pot in the second half (decisions either not being taken or properly circulated). The idea of a transparent disciplinary system is great but it needs more work to make it consistent and rebuke the allegations of a lack of integrity.