Devils Vs Steelers - 6 & 7 Apr 19 -Play Off Quarter Finals

Devilsatw

Guys teams like sheffield Nottingham and Belfast can’t do extra 2/3 weekends.
Take that have all ready set up for there gig in Sheffield at weekend. To many concerts happening

Kevin roog

Trouble with the 7 game play off series. I wouldn’t want to see another 7 games against Coventry after playing them 8 times already . And if it went to game 7, I think 4 home games against Coventry in a two week period would be a hard sell

Devils86

Trouble with the 7 game play off series. I wouldn’t want to see another 7 games against Coventry after playing them 8 times already . And if it went to game 7, I think 4 home games against Coventry in a two week period would be a hard sell
Fair points on the sale, however as I understand it in that situation we would be talking about a Blaze side that finished 1st or 2nd in the league.

Earnie

Guys teams like sheffield Nottingham and Belfast can’t do extra 2/3 weekends.
Take that have all ready set up for there (their)gig in Sheffield at weekend. To (too)many concerts happening

That sums it up really.

Maybe somehow try and get Challenge Cup done and dusted by Christmas and find a space to squeeze in best of three.
Double home advantage to highest seeded. Just a thought.

august04

I don’t think we have the depth of teams for any 7 game series but we could do 3 to start and 5 for the finals. I’d rather that and see some really intense hockey for a few more weeks at the end of the season than 60 league games, many of which are stagnant affairs. It has to be the way for our league to develop and gain more credibility - if only we can find a way for the arena teams to get ice. And you could still have a weekend extravaganza with a revamped Challenge Cup. The play-offs should be the big one just like the rest of the hockey world, not a tournament that you can win over 4 games. Last night’s game was terrific and just what fans want to see.

Devils86

Issue with limiting playoffs to top 2 over a series is then you get 6/7 teams who have nothing to play for once they are out of the race.

I can see why the current system is in place - how to fix it is the million-dollar question.

ASHIPP

Well done to the Devils. Two gritty, gutsy performances to get to Nottingham. And a chance to put disappointment behind them.

The Team, to a man, gave everything last night but they will have to cut out those mistakes that have cost them in tight games during the season - opposition scoring SHG, our team conceding goals at crucial times in the game (beginning of period, last 5 mins of game). Whilst they have the depth and tenacity to dig deep and be patient, the 3 other teams next weekend will capitalise on any mistakes.

The Panthers' fans already have the semi-final down as a Panthers' win over Devils. It's true they have had our number this season at NIC, but we've been there several times before. Wouldn't it be great to spoil the party? Our Guys need to concentrate completely for the entire game, be defensively smart .....and want it far more than the other lot.

I almost forgot. Joey Martin isn't GOAT anymore. He has been elevated to GOD.:cool: Stephen Dixon for Captain next season - the guy is fantastic.

Last edited:

jenks33

Agree with this. In my opinion a 7 game series would never work over here. Potentially playing around 15 competitive games against the same team in a season just doesn’t get the juices flowing. Remember we’ve only got the 10 teams over here compared to the 31 in the NHL so every team sees each other regularly anyway. I think a 3 games series is doable

Kevin roog

Devils v Belfast/Sheffield would be great 7 game series. Imagine a miracle happening and it was Milton Keynes had to play a 7 game series against Belfast. They would never be able to afford 4 trips to Ireland in a 2 week period. Not many clubs would I think

Earnie

The other factor for the Sheffield/Nottingham/Belfast arenas is that you can not spend big money booking the Arena for a'maybe' game.
It could easily be all over in four

The Panthers' fans already have the semi-final down as a Panthers' win over Devils. It's true they have had our number this season at NIC, but we've been there several times before. Wouldn't it be great to spoil the party? Our Guys need to concentrate completely for the entire game, be defensively smart .....and want it far more than the other lot.
I’d be interested to know where you’ve seen all the Panthers fans saying that as there is nothing on the cage at all. To be honest the way we’ve been playing just getting to the weekend is a bonus but I certainly don’t think we have this wrapped up.

august04

Issue with limiting playoffs to top 2 over a series is then you get 6/7 teams who have nothing to play for once they are out of the race.

I can see why the current system is in place - how to fix it is the million-dollar question.
Why would it be limited to top 2? Top 8 as this season but a proper series between 1v8, 2v7 etc. Even if if was best of 3 first and second rounds with a best of 5 final. An impossible dream perhaps but would be so much better than it is now.

Devils86

Why would it be limited to top 2? Top 8 as this season but a proper series between 1v8, 2v7 etc. Even if if was best of 3 first and second rounds with a best of 5 final. An impossible dream perhaps but would be so much better than it is now.
Fair enough. Does sound good.

Mooney#16

Doubt anyone will end up fighting him unless Devils are out late in the third. I’ll settle for a decent cheap shot to the giblets or teeth and Ulmer and Mosey show boating him like he did to fife’s Goalie. He’s earned a piece of hockey karma.