Devils Vs steelers - 03 Feb 19 - League

voth26

So that made him a standout, comeon. Livingstone maybe.
I didn't say he was a standout, just for me he had one of his better games. Personally I thought Reddick was in with a good shout for MOTM, he played very well and for me was a standout again just my opinion. I like the look of Livingston he has good work rate, lays a hit/check and can shot the puck. He caught whistle out tonight

Good result hopefully give the guys a boost but holy moly who would have thought 4/5/6 years ago that Devils vs steelers games now would be so dull to watch, just very little passion and nothing of note to talk about, just really average games, I even suggested to my wife to leave after the 2nd period but ended up staying only because my daughter wanted to skate after the game, I never would have thought I'd want to leave a devils steelers game so early

jimmy snels

I didn't say he was a standout, just for me he had one of his better games. Personally I thought Reddick was in with a good shout for MOTM, he played very well and for me was a standout again just my opinion.

do you not think he should have cleared the guy from in front of bowns (again) that led to directly imo to their 3rd goal? he is great going forward but his lack of size is a huge negative at times in my honest opinion

jimmy snels

was a great comeback. loved the myers video by the way. i voted tough areas, it made the vid and i reckon myers was in a lot of those areas tonight!

fancy the "capt mo song" is catching on a bit as well. hope sully drops that in weekly as it defo sparked a decent chant thats not the usual.

also good on rutkis! felt a bit sorry for him at times this year but brought energy all night and great to see hik get a goal

Foxy

Special mention to Duggan too. He is improving every game. Hope we can hold onto him for a few years.

First period we were flat again. Seemed to have control then suddenly 2-1 down. Second period we certainly stepped up a couple of gears even though we were imports down. Certainly shut down the steelers. Third period played the game out well.

We’ve got to keep taking the games one at a time and keep the pressure on Belfast.

Devils86

There were a couple moments tonight when I thought “nice work there from...” thinking it was Martin from the stickhandling, but was Duggan.

Would love him to be a Devil for years to come. Improvement since signing has been great in just a few months.

I didn't say he was a standout, just for me he had one of his better games. Personally I thought Reddick was in with a good shout for MOTM, he played very well and for me was a standout again just my opinion. I like the look of Livingston he has good work rate, lays a hit/check and can shot the puck. He caught whistle out tonight
I think Pope had a better game. He was noticeably better tonight. Well done though all of the team.

voth26

yeah agree, he looked like he was trying considerably harder to me but that is just what i would expect anyway off someone playing for us. standouts were clearly linglet martin and big lou on D for me. Livingston did look busy tonight as well. i hope we aren't going to be saying he's amazing because he's bitched about the fans on twitter. if anything im going to be watching him much closer
I didn't say he was amazing and it certainly wasn't because he bitched either, I don't blow smoke up any players butt!!. He had a better game than recently simple as that.

voth26

do you not think he should have cleared the guy from in front of bowns (again) that led to directly imo to their 3rd goal? he is great going forward but his lack of size is a huge negative at times in my honest opinion
Probably yeah but to be fair to Reddick he's pretty physical for his size and gives 100% every shift. Linglet is Linglet = class enough said

Wannabe2

Reddick plays well above his stature, and has a real passion for the Devils, hope he returns next season. Put him in a 6ft 6in frame and he would be devastating.

Gazza272

great come back that. good to see louis sticking up for the team, we need him edgy like that.
thought the officials had a poor night, no more encapsulated than not seeing that goal blatantly go in or the embellishment call on benti. Darnell has been a total prat against Nottingham then followed it up tonight. glad it didn't effect the result.
In fairness to the officials, I wasn't 100% that puck had gone in, and it wasn't a normal way to score. So I can see why they held off, especially when the light went off quickly, that usually suggests hesitation from the goal judge. They were probably right to wait off.

Temme

Great to see Louis police the ice tonight.

Steelers caught a couple of our guys (Linglet with his head down, Dixon cutting across the slot with his head down Mosey-Esque)

2 very hard but clean hits & well done Dixon getting up especially.

What did frustrate is the timing, of it, Louis stepped up to challenge a guy 5'10 that was never going to go,

Steelers pass the puck straight up their LW, our right D is out of position looking for retribution - Pitt(?) scores on the breakaway.

Made me chuckle a bit, but hey-ho good to get a few goals on the board as we've lost our touch the last 2. :)

Jackson Whistle needed to be Sheffield's best player last night, and he was far from it.

Carsen Chubak is currently training with Sheffield, i can't see him icing as he hasn't played for quite a while professionally.

Rob Batch

Phew ! Well, that was a game of three halves. I won't say turds. Great character to turn it round the way they did. Every game is going to be a battle from here-on-in. Well done lads !

BostonBart22

spoke to the goal judge, official said no so turned off immediately. did great job
would it be a good idea after last nights review that once the red light goes on it should stay on, the play would or should be stopped for a chat with the goal judge, then the officials could then review it as the play went on another good 2 mins plus, what if steelers scored during that 2 mins , could we have reviewed it then.

OJLloyd

would it be a good idea after last nights review that once the red light goes on it should stay on, the play would or should be stopped for a chat with the goal judge, then the officials could then review it as the play went on another good 2 mins plus, what if steelers scored during that 2 mins , could we have reviewed it then.
From what I understand, the review would have happened at whatever the next break in play was, even if it was a goal for the other team (or for the Devils for that matter).

The elapsed time simply gets put back on the clock and play continues from the goal as if the rest of it never happened.

Temme

I had a chat with Darnell on twitter about this yesterday as i understand how the challenge would work & if Sheffield scored in that time their goal wouldn't count.

Interestingly - you could see clear as day the guys in the time keepers box agree it was a goal about 10-15 seconds after and they were ready for the review immediately.

However for some reason in the EIHL the rules do not allow the off-ice officials to blow a whistle or sound a horn to stop the play (In the NHL you will hear a goalhorn in the middle of play for example), only the referees can blow any play dead.

august04

In fairness to the officials, I wasn't 100% that puck had gone in, and it wasn't a normal way to score. So I can see why they held off, especially when the light went off quickly, that usually suggests hesitation from the goal judge. They were probably right to wait off.
I, and everyone else around me, was 100% sure that it was a goal. The ref was a few feet away in perfect position behind the goal and didn’t see it. Mind you, they didn’t see a check to the head last week either.