Devils Vs Stars - 22 Dec 18 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

The games are coming thick and fast (so thick and fast i totally forgot there was a game last night). Devils welcome the Dundee Stars to the bay for their pre-christmas party. Devils will be wearing their Christmas jerseys especially.

Hedd Wyn John

Yeah Devils need to come out guns blazing. Let’s start replication our away form at home! The Stars are a dangerous team so we need to pick up the momentum & play 60 mins of hockey!

BostonBart22

Gutted no overtime... Lol... Serious though that first period was special. How it wasn't 5 or 6 is beyond me deserved win by a mile. And saved some in the tank for tomorrow.

Slartibartfast

Gutted no overtime... Lol... Serious though that first period was special. How it wasn't 5 or 6 is beyond me deserved win by a mile. And saved some in the tank for tomorrow.
The reason is that Sjögren played a blinder and it took some special goals to beat him. Bownsy had a great game at the other end also.
Dundee are in form at the moment but the Devils were the stronger team for the majority of the game. Our chemistry and composure seems to have returned.
Im very encouraged by this performance.

OJLloyd

Joey Haddad, King of Puck Protection, was at it again tonight. His balance is epic, and he just never seems to let the opposition on the inside to get at the puck.

Overall, very pleased with that performance. Thought Dundee were good value for being only one behind, but I don’t think there was much danger of us throwing it away any any point.

Thought Pope looked back to being the guy who started the season, which is nice to see, and Mo really looked like he was firing on all cylinders.

Pleased to see Pope go in to protect Joey. Not a fight, and it wasn’t necessary, but it let Dundee know to leave it out.

Lastly, was quite the gathering of people up on the gantry with Todd, and Franny made a comment about not knowing who was in the arena. New signing?

Pope#42

Wow - so pleased with tonight’s performance, I left the arena with a buzz. I don’t think anyone had a bad game - and the chemistry we saw at the start of the season seemed to be back again.

Great to see Pope and Mo on the scoreboard. Mo was like a man possessed and truly deserved the MOM.

I too noticed the number of people on the gantry and did guess at a potential signing.

On a final note - anyone know where Murdy was tonight?

Foxy

Much better display by everyone.

Linglet for me is the best player in this league. Just wish the rest of the players could get on his wave length a bit more lol

The number of times that blasted puck bounced around in front of goal for us...... surely lady luck has got to be on our side some time soon