Devils vs Stars - 10 Oct 19 - League

BostonBart22

And mcmonagle :)

The defence are too big and slow. We are getting caught by the speed of other teams forwards. One of them has to go and be replaced for us to be more steady at the back.
That’s if we find a replacement,

If we can’t find a replacement then this will continue imo
Missing mosey in D for his speed.

Wannabe2

We have played 5 league games, and won 4, thats 80% of wins, our D does need to improve and I am pretty sure it will. Last nights game was a freak show with 14 goals score. Stars will score a hatful this season with a very good squad. Lordo and the players will sort it no doubt about that, we have the players to do just that. The domestic season has only just begun and we will be battling for silverware as usual. On a side note, just how good is Joey Martin, he is in a league of his own.
Happy Hockey Days.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #85
Took a first timer down last night and they loved it. Sure defense was optional at times but for a Dundee game on a wet Thursday night it was actually a lot of fun. Ideally we shouldn't have been chasing the game but we clearly found a new burst of energy in the last 10 minutes.

In other news I find it ironic that certain elements over on twitter who are constantly decrying the Inferno as overly negative have been setting each other, and players, on fire over the slightest thing, meanwhile we're having a reasoned debate ;)

E.D.S.

Can’t decide if that was a tired team that looks out of sorts scraping to a win or a championship winning team that can find a way to win even when they are playing very badly?
The outcome is the same but the former would worry me. It does worry me.

Temme

I thought Dundee executed a perfect 1-3-1 trap for the majority of the night, when they allowed us into their zone easily through the first 30 minutes they collapsed so well as a unit we had no guilt edge chances & every single time they disrupted our zone entry had an odd man rush - Lord never really seemed to adjust to this throughout the night (just in my untrained opinion).

Dundee were very unlucky not to take something away from the game, even though Devils appeared to dominate the possession they had several good chances & to come and score 6 goals is very good.

Did not look like a game we were going to win for the majority of the night & we were defensively an absolute shambles - and that's all 5 guys out there, not the D men!

However the bottom line is we managed to win the game, so not really anything to complain about on the ice, it was a potentially boring game with low attendance and turned out to be another stormer.

Diafol

Let's be honest, a league game 48 hours after a round trip to Sweden playing the best team in Europe in their own arena probably wasn't the greatest bit of planning in the world.

The team looked very tired last night - hardly surprising IMO.

Amazed that we got the win TBH, when Dundee got their 5th I thought we were dead and buried.
Well done lads.

And Block 13 - last night was the first game I've been able to see it for myself.
Please keep it going, you guys were brilliant.

ASHIPP

Given the complaints about 13 from people on twitter I can see it being killed off after the frolunda game because they don't like where it is and want it elsewhere instead of enjoying what 13 accomplished they want it gone so it's a dead atmosphere again.. Its getting tiresome now with this gold / silver / bronze elite garbage we are all fans and it shouldn't matter what you pay for a ticket but apparently its what makes you a proper fan in you're in the higher tier season ticket section.
Expecting any relocation of standing area will take place in the off season. People are going to moan wherever it is located. At the moment it brings that dead area of the Arena alive. It brings something we have been missing since the BBT.

The guys in Block 13 are doing a fantastic job. Majority of fans love it. Players do too.. although as someone else mentioned earlier, the team need to acknowledge the whole crowd for their contribution to the game and not just focus on one noisy area. We are all fans.

Gough60

Having travelled back on Wednesday from Sweden I was somewhat tired going to the game last night. Bearing in mind I hadn't played or been run ragged the best team in Europe (3 times CHL champions) the night before who were all out for a win. I think the scheduling of this league game was one that could/should have been moved.
Yes shipping that number of goals at home doesn't look good but I think that we showed some grit to pull it back and take the 2 points.

Swarley

Expecting any relocation of standing area will take place in the off season. People are going to moan wherever it is located. At the moment it brings that dead area of the Arena alive. It brings something we have been missing since the BBT.

The guys in Block 13 are doing a fantastic job. Majority of fans love it. Players do too.. although as someone else mentioned earlier, the team need to acknowledge the whole crowd for their contribution to the game and not just focus on one noisy area. We are all fans.
Problem is though 13 was effectively ignored last season completely with the exception of Mark Louis, and because the players acknowledge that 13 is giving them non stop singing and motivation people are getting sour over the fact they don't feel included... Honestly try having that for an entire season because that's what block 13 was like the Bownsy wave only ever use to get noise from block 8 and 9 and 13 was ignored but now the shoes on the other foot people are spitting their dummies out.

august04

Took a first timer down last night and they loved it. Sure defense was optional at times but for a Dundee game on a wet Thursday night it was actually a lot of fun. Ideally we shouldn't have been chasing the game but we clearly found a new burst of energy in the last 10 minutes.

In other news I find it ironic that certain elements over on twitter who are constantly decrying the Inferno as overly negative have been setting each other, and players, on fire over the slightest thing, meanwhile we're having a reasoned debate ;)
Spot on. The Inferno takes a lot of unfair flak from people who should know better.

Imp

I can understand about drums being out of sync though, it's like when a DJ using vinyl gets the beats wrong when mixing, it sounds awful.
Isn’t this just a function of where you are in relation to the drums? We all hear the speakers at more or less the same time, but the drummers are reacting to the speakers, so appear more out of synch the further away from them that you are. If the drummer is perfect, he’d still sound about half a second behind from the far end of the arena.

Presumably you get a similar problem if drummers at one end are trying to mesh with drummers at the other. It just doesn’t work unless they have a common point of origin.

Earnie

Isn’t this just a function of where you are in relation to the drums? We all hear the speakers at more or less the same time, but the drummers are reacting to the speakers, so appear more out of synch the further away from them that you are. If the drummer is perfect, he’d still sound about half a second behind from the far end of the arena.

Presumably you get a similar problem if drummers at one end are trying to mesh with drummers at the other. It just doesn’t work unless they have a common point of origin.

It takes sound 178.6 milliseconds to travel 200 feet!

Tbh. It seems like we have been caught off guard a fair few times this season. And teams are taking their chances against us. I don’t buy the tiredness excuse. Other teams have worse travel arrangements than us.
The games have become quite dull, no physicality, minimal aggression. Also, come on guys, there’s a D in devils last time I checked!

pjj365

Problem is though 13 was effectively ignored last season completely with the exception of Mark Louis, and because the players acknowledge that 13 is giving them non stop singing and motivation people are getting sour over the fact they don't feel included... Honestly try having that for an entire season because that's what block 13 was like the Bownsy wave only ever use to get noise from block 8 and 9 and 13 was ignored but now the shoes on the other foot people are spitting their dummies out.
Bownsy wave noise from 8 & 9 only - absolutely not true. As to 13 (and 14) being ignored - that's because they were frequently at least half empty

Swarley

Bownsy wave noise from 8 & 9 only - absolutely not true. As to 13 (and 14) being ignored - that's because they were frequently at least half empty
All last season Bownsy was pretty much exclusive towards block 8 and 9 for the wave but that could of just been how he wanted to do things so fair enough but the fact people have come together in a dead block and turned it into a great section to be in shouldn't be made to feel like crap or have insults thrown at them because the players chose to acknowledge the effort that block puts in, last night was a prime example of the block not letting up all game and I firmly believe if it wasn't for that block keeping the singing going and trying to spread the songs around we wouldn't of hammered out a win.

I just don't get why people are so hateful towards something that's a positive.

dave

looking at the game before how many noticed the team go into centre ice and do a stick wave before heading to 13 for mana of match skate into plexiglass.. This is same as some euro rinks with similar sections. Last night it looked like a few players headed to centre to do the same but a few went rogue (Forgot) so it ended up in a bit of a mess and just the corner man of the match skate into plexiglass with salute behind. I am sure Joey as captain will get it all in synch soon enough. Block 13 is a great inactive and trust me helps not only the players stay in the game!