Devils vs Stars - 10 Oct 19 - League

Devilsatw

Conceding 5 goals at home to Dundee with 20mins to play?

What’s the excuses this game?

Been saying it for ages now this team is not right. Bloody terrible

People will still say I know f all about hockey :(

moggy#9

I'm a firm believer that a defence needs a balance between scoring goals and stopping them. I fear this year's balance might be wrong and it's going to cost us any silverware.

Granted we may be tired after CHL game but our defence looks disorganised and so slow, speed of other teams is killing us. We need to address this quickly as we are and will continue to be punished by many teams in the league.

Devilsatw

Mcmonagle louis and jardine imo are too slow! They have there attributes but forwards are getting around them so easy.

There size maybe good in the corners and in front of the net but when teams attack us at speed they are left for dead

Devils86

We are getting caught on the break far, far too often and Stars have been clinical. When we brought it back to 3-3 (how good was that from Sointu!) I thought we would calm down but no.

Few bad bounces but a LOT of passes simply not being made properly in the final third - too often a chance presents itself and the pass goes to the backhand and we take one or two too many touches.

Typical mid-week game in so many aspects on and off the ice - it’s flat in here.

We need to come out screaming in the 3rd and get an early goal to start this turnaround.

Imp

Plauers on ice when goals conceded:
Code:
 3     MCMONAGLE   ... 2 goals
 4     LOUIS       ... 1 goal
 8     MYERS       ... 4 goals
11     DIXON       ... 2 goals
15     MARJAMAKI   ... 1 goal
16     DUGGAN      ... 1 goal
17     RICHARDSON  ... 2 goals
20     FOURNIER
25     RILEY       ... 1 goal
27     HADDAD      ... 1 goal
37     RUTKIS
41     BATCH       ... 1 goal
42     POPE
67     SOINTU
70     LINGLET     ... 1 goal
77     JARDINE     ... 3 goals
85     BENTIVOGLIO ... 1 goal
88     MARTIN      ... 1 goal
91     REDDICK     ... 1 goal
Myers is listed as a forward, so really only Jardine has multiple goals against. I'm guessing that the argument is that the team is defensively poor rather than any one specific player (... although I think you have to make a HUGE allowance for when this game is being played and, to some extent, be prepared to just write it off).

Take your point about people 'biting your head off' but I'm interested in a point of view.

Devilsatw

Plauers on ice when goals conceded:
Code:
 3     MCMONAGLE   ... 2 goals
4     LOUIS       ... 1 goal
8     MYERS       ... 4 goals
11     DIXON       ... 2 goals
15     MARJAMAKI   ... 1 goal
16     DUGGAN      ... 1 goal
17     RICHARDSON  ... 2 goals
20     FOURNIER
25     RILEY       ... 1 goal
27     HADDAD      ... 1 goal
37     RUTKIS
41     BATCH       ... 1 goal
42     POPE
67     SOINTU
70     LINGLET     ... 1 goal
77     JARDINE     ... 3 goals
85     BENTIVOGLIO ... 1 goal
88     MARTIN      ... 1 goal
91     REDDICK     ... 1 goal
Myers is listed as a forward, so really only Jardine has multiple goals against. I'm guessing that the argument is that the team is defensively poor rather than any one specific player (... although I think you have to make a HUGE allowance for when this game is being played and, to some extent, be prepared to just write it off).

Take your point about people 'biting your head off' but I'm interested in a point of view.
And mcmonagle :)

The defence are too big and slow. We are getting caught by the speed of other teams forwards. One of them has to go and be replaced for us to be more steady at the back.
That’s if we find a replacement,

If we can’t find a replacement then this will continue imo

Imp

And mcmonagle :)
The defence are too big and slow. We are getting caught by the speed of other teams forwards. One of them has to go and be replaced for us to be more steady at the back.
That’s if we find a replacement,
If we can’t find a replacement then this will continue imo
On-ice for 2:5, I just took for 'no worse than average' (I'm actually quite surprised by how even the spread is).
Not being coached to play to their strengths, ignoring instructions, or just not up to the job?