Devils vs Stars - 10 Oct 19 - League

Devilsatw

On-ice for 2:5, I just took for 'no worse than average' (I'm quite actually surprised by how even the spread is).
Not being coached to play to their strengths, ignoring instructions, or just not up to the job?
I blame players!! There’s no way they should be conceding 6/7 to Dundee!!

Lord can only do so much then the players must take command,

Unfortunately for devils it’s not working this season

mjh

That was a wierd game. I don't think we can keep relying on excuses now. The team are conceding a lot of goals on a regular basis. Our offensive game was very strong thankfully. I'm a bit worried that the Giants will win the series against us this year and that could be the decider. Usually I'm a positive fan but the d just isn't doing well at all. There was a lack of physicality tonight as well. Pope played very well and took his goals well. Dixon was a star as well. No pun intended. Roll on Frolunda.

Devils86

Ground that win out in the end. Not fluent by any means (save for the Sointu goal). Glad Pope got a couple - and they were big goals. Had the glacial review not gone our way I don’t think we’d have come away with the points.

We look like a tired side that isn’t playing with normal lines etc. Quick fire fixtures don’t help but can’t be helped at this time of year with the CHL.

Off the ice I originally had my doubts about Block 13 - as a fan on the outside it’s killed what atmosphere we had in the other blocks (that being said you can’t judge the block and rest of the arena on tonight, it was a mid-weeker against Stars). There is no doubt the concentration of fans increases their enjoyment and effect on the ice though.

All the issues with the other blocks were countered in the final minutes though when Block 13 lead the arena to the final buzzer - that was great. Feels like it will take some time to settle.

osh

Will take the win anyway we could get it. I worry about our D and have done since very early on in the season, both in friendlies and cup and league games. We don’t seem to have one dominant defensive D man and apart from Louis who is a known quantity, we appear lightweight and easily pushed around and losing important one on one battles in the corners And immediately in front of net. We are easy to score against, take far too many penalties and it’s really not the sort of hockey I want to watch tbh. Fortunately tonight we persevered, had luck on our side and scrambled the win which is welcome.

Strange sort of game, it's felt like we had total control and puck possession but each time the stars went up the ice they would score.

I didn't think we look tired (physically) but maybe there was some mental tiredness from the travel and game on Tuesday as defensively we were all over the place, but to get the win and to keep coming back each time shows that we do have the strength there to do it

Swarley

Realistically if block 13 hadn't of made noise tonight it would of been dead silent in the arena, even half full 13 led the way with cheers, I walked from 13 all the way to 4 and could still hear them perfectly clear and that should say something especially when majority of the arena was empty, people will moan that it isn't fair but this is a movement the club are behind so get behind it or stay seated and do your own thing.

Devils86

Realistically if block 13 hadn't of made noise tonight it would of been dead silent in the arena, even half full 13 led the way with cheers, I walked from 13 all the way to 4 and could still hear them perfectly clear and that should say something especially when majority of the arena was empty, people will moan that it isn't fair but this is a movement the club are behind so get behind it or stay seated and do your own thing.
Didn’t say it wasn’t fair. Just my observations on atmosphere in the other parts of the arena. It just feels disjointed that’s all with the distance the sound travels making it difficult for the drummer at the other end.

But as I said, the positives (for those in Block 13 and for the players on the ice) appear to outweigh that issue. Plus the end of the game showed that it can work very, very well.