Devils Vs SC Bern - Sat 1st Sept 2018 7.15 - CHL

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
A387F1BE-564F-4405-A5E5-F440236CB641.jpeg
After a good run out against Red Bull Salzburg we do it all again this time against Bern, another team with a top tier netminder and apparently the biggest hockey crowds in Europe so bring your loudest voices

davew

Oh dear look who we have listed to ref this game!....
  • Sirko Hunnius
  • Stefan Hogarth
linos:

• Danny Beresford
  • Ilia Kisil

bb1

If we play like we did on Thursday and Bowns plays like we know he can then I think Bern could be in for a big surprise. However they won't take us lightly. We need to come out of the starting blocks hard and fast like we did against Vaxjo and Davos last season.

For anyone not aware, the game is being broadcast on Freesports at 7.10. They're also repeating the Salzburg game at 3.00pm today.

Rich Best

CANNOT WAIT for this game. More of the same we saw on Thursday please lads, and hopefully this will be our night! What a scalp if we can do it!

Foxy

We have to play clever and keep the penalties down. We know the refs are going to call everything.

We need Bowns to come out like he played in the 2nd and third period Thursday. We cannot afford to give them a head start. We out shot Salzburg but just hit an on fire goalie. Herzog stood on his head.

Hopefully a bit of Lady Luck will go our way tonight

Devils86

I know in all professional sport teams/individuals who succeed up their game when it really matters, so we can’t expect performances like tonight and Thursday week-in week-out...

But damn! Proud of that performance. Will need to see the winner back on highlights but no shame tonight, great stuff!

Maybe just me but I usually think that when we play well Pope also has a blinder - seemed to miss him tonight. But plenty of guys who stood up to be counted.

Be interested to hear what Rabitsoh has to say after that

Credit Bern fans they were awesome tonight - didn’t stop all night.

Foxy

I thoroughly enjoyed that game. Thought the team played much better than Thursday. What ever Ritchie is on please give it to all the team lol He is on fire at the moment.

We had the Bowns we all love tonight for the full three periods and the forward lines now seem to be gelling nicely. I really do miss Myers out there though and hope hes not out for much longer. Having him being the irritant in front of goal and we might have converted a few more of our power play chances and swung the game.

The D was much tighter didnt allow their forwards to get behind us.

All in all shame we lost but what a game.

RedDevil17

What a game of hockey. The lads played absolutely incredible and you could tell they were really motivated by the home fans. Bern played some amazing hockey at times but some of the fans were completely and utter arseholes. A few fans were swearing constantly in the toilets as well as other stuff which I won’t even begin to mention what one fan said. Disgusting. Had I known they were like that I wouldn’t have clapped them.

Anyway onto the game:

We played great hockey at times and our PK was superb, each player worked their nuts off all game and we hung on toward the end but let’s face it, we were never going to win 3 on 3. The one powerplay at the end killed it for us, that was our chance to win the game but it was a very poor powerplay. Overall I thought we played very well and held our own against a very good opposition goalie. Bowns had a good game so props to him for that but it was poor defending for the OT goal. Very happy tonight even though we lost

august04

No shame losing to that team....they were very, very good but we gave them a real run for their money. Our big chance was that final power play of the game but we just couldn’t get anything set up. 3 on 3, there was only going to be one winner for me but we can be proud of the Devils performance tonight. I see no reason why we can’t get something out of the Salzburg game next week but the other group games will be very tough. It would be nice to get a Parisi replacement in before the next round of matches.

Wannabe2

What a great game that was tonight, and we played superb, we won’t come up against opposition like that in the Elite league in a month of Sunday’s. Well played lads you did us all proud tonight, that was the best game of hockey I have ever seen in Cardiff for pure skill, talent, excitement and edge of seat nervousness. This team that we are so fortunate to have will do everyone of us proud this season, when you could have so easily beat the Swiss champions , the Austrian champions, then boy have we moved up a few cogs or what. I am so chuffed to think I have a whole season to go, of watching this awesome team, thanks guys, my weekends are going to be so so cool.

davew

Now that was the game of hockey i would love to see played all season. I came into tonight's game thinking we would struggle, but we showed we can play to win against teams of this calibre. Apart from OT we played solidly and i didnt fear the bears on the breakaway.
Ashame we lost as i really think we should have been capable of finishing them off in that last powerplay. At least we have a point on the board!