Devils Vs Red Bull Salzburg -Thu 30th Aug 2018 / 7:30pm - CHL

Devil_Abroad

Sorry if I’m repeating what anyone has already written but I haven’t had the time to read through all the comments thoroughly.
I feel to go from a few “challenge” games to a serious game at this level is ludicrous, for your boys to go out against teams from what are renowned to be better leagues when they barely know each other’s names and to put on the performance they did for the last two periods was phenomenal, had it not been for their nettie you would be celebrating a well deserved victory.

Good luck for the weekend Devils
Oh and hopefully the reffing will be better too as that certainly went against you
Cheers

The poor quality calls eventually evened out - we just took the early ones

I love that Twitter video of Lord and Piggott questioning the 2 for high sticks when blood was drawn lol

Fascinating to see the high intensity forecheck that we normally use played against us

Though disappointed with the result the hockey played throughout was amazing to watch. Gutted I won;t be there tonight, but looking forward to next Thursday and Saturday if we can keep fit! Hope Myers returns as we could do with his front of net presence as well as face off wins

Finny

Gotta love being called a hater because I thought he had a poor game defensively.
Where did you get called a hater?

Rich Best said that Reddick should ignore haters. No names were mentioned. Where is the problem with that?

Last season Reddick got so much stick from ‘haters’ that he deleted his twitter account.
That’s a player deleting social media because of abuse FROM HIS OWN FANS. Rich is quite right to use the word haters.

Once again we have the situation on here with people hiding behind usernames and being hypocrites. Quite happy to criticise players (which they’re entitled to do) but when someone then criticise their post they get all upset over it.
The Inferno is a two way street. If you want to fish it out you have to be willing to receive it back too.

BostonBart22

There always seems to be a bit of anti-Reddick undertone floating around, so I just want to counter that. I thought Bryce was solid last night, he looks completely at home against that kind of opposition. His skating ability is above this league. We needed fast and agile defencemen last night and Bryce stood out in that respect. He skates backwards faster than most skate forwards, and is always fast on the transition adding an extra attacking threat.

Very controlled performance Bryce, and love your passion for the jersey. Keep it up, you get my vote and I know most true fans are behind you. Ignore the haters.

And as for people criticising Linglet. I have no words! Pure class! His pass to setup Dixon in the slot in P3 was magical.
A very good post, you only gotta look at reddicks face when he is playing he is very committed to our badge , and if anyone looks back at the league presentation at our gaff last season,,just check his celebration, that says it all..

Wannabe2

Well I really really like the guy, Bryce to me epitomises how a player should play when he pulls our proud shirt on, and I was well pleased when he came back. This guy plays like he is 6ft 6in, because his heart is that big, he must be a real pest to play against, there was a reason a successful coach like Lordo brought him back, and I get that.He reminds me of a modern day Frank Evans, although more offensive, Reddick played a part in a very successful team last season, and hopefully that can be replicated this season.

august04

All the original “haters’ post has done is stir things up again and bring more attention back on Reddick, when he wasn’t the focus of the posts surrounding the defeat anyway!

Rich Best

All the original “haters’ post has done is stir things up again and bring more attention back on Reddick, when he wasn’t the focus of the posts surrounding the defeat anyway!
Just commenting on a few posts I have seen popping up and putting my opinion across, an opinion I know others share. A forum isn't it??

Anyway, really looking forward to tonights game, got a really good feeling about it. It is gonna be a cracking spectacle.

Ocko

Cheers

The poor quality calls eventually evened out - we just took the early ones

I love that Twitter video of Lord and Piggott questioning the 2 for high sticks when blood was drawn lol

Fascinating to see the high intensity forecheck that we normally use played against us

Though disappointed with the result the hockey played throughout was amazing to watch. Gutted I won;t be there tonight, but looking forward to next Thursday and Saturday if we can keep fit! Hope Myers returns as we could do with his front of net presence as well as face off wins
I thought both forechecks were fairly passive. And ours has been since the move to IAW. We seem to play a 1-1-3, which is wise as our old 2-1-2 we used to play in BBT would see us destroyed on olympic ice. Salzburg also played a 1-1-3 early on then switched to a neutral zone trap in the 3rd without 1-4.

Foxy

Just commenting on a few posts I have seen popping up and putting my opinion across, an opinion I know others share. A forum isn't it??

Anyway, really looking forward to tonights game, got a really good feeling about it. It is gonna be a cracking spectacle.
Reddick is a big boy and more than capeable of looking after and speaking up for himself...... i'm sure if he was that unhappy he wouldn't have signed for another season..... Now can we please drop this nonsense and get back to talking about the game

Rich Best

Reddick is a big boy and more than capeable of looking after and speaking up for himself...... i'm sure if he was that unhappy he wouldn't have signed for another season..... Now can we please drop this nonsense and get back to talking about the game
That is directed at AUGUST04 right?

Mazzoak

Absolutely agree. It’s becoming tiresome.

Everyone has an opinion, nobody has the right to impose that opinion as fact. We all see games, players, performance differently, there is no right or wrong opinion. We also have to account for the sentimental opinions, sometimes it’s hard for people to spot flaws when they hold such high esteem, on the flip side members whom don’t hold such high esteem voice there opinions.

The game reflected the Devils ethos, we punched above our weight, gave some stunning performances and although lost we did give a more than decent game. Which is the Devils way & the Welsh way. No shame in loosing, plenty of shame in not trying.

Foxy

That is directed at AUGUST04 right?
It's directed at anyone taking the thread off topic again and again....... good grief this all happened 12 months ago. ............ start a thread head it bitching and personal insults anything......if its posted under that heading i dont have to read it. There's no points scored for who can be the most insulting

Last edited:

august04

It's directed at anyone taking the thread off topic again and again....... good grief this all happened 12 months ago. ............ start a thread head it bitching and personal insults anything......if its posted under that heading i dont have to read it. There's no points scored for who can be the most insulting
Well said. It was an interesting debate on people’s views of the game until this old crap was brought up yet again.

Gazr76

Anyway putting all this to one side for a second. I just realised that Rob Davison is assistant coach for Saltzburg. The same Rob Davison who played for Cardiff during the NHL lock out. That's pretty neat eh? For those lucky enough like me to be flying out this week for the game, looking forward to it?

Wannabe2

Anyway putting all this to one side for a second. I just realised that Rob Davison is assistant coach for Saltzburg. The same Rob Davison who played for Cardiff during the NHL lock out. That's pretty neat eh? For those lucky enough like me to be flying out this week for the game, looking forward to it?
Played for Salzburg 2011/2012/2013, assistant coach for Salzburg 2014/2016. Last season assistant coach Toronto Marlies.