Devils Vs Panthers - Sun 12th Aug - Aladdin Cup Final showdown!!

I thought blood looks like a hidden gem skates really well for a big guy and can stick handle,Dixon is a firecracker that spark plug type player,hedden was very quiet,linglet looks quality looks a step ahead of the others. Hard not to be a little underwhelmed by tonight's performance but you've got to remember it's preseason. Panthers look a couple of weeks ahead of Cardiff I thought,and have serious size throughout the lineup!

tim78

Early days, though Nottingham to me look like they could be setting records straight this season, a younger and bigger team with a coach who could really put us to a test. Good start from them, man for man marking and covered the ice really well made it look like as though there wasn't much space out there.

Pope played a blinder as did Fournier's burst forward, Haddad picked his game up in the third and pulled some descent moves.
Rutkis looks like he can make a regular appearance this season.
Good to see Moore back but I felt the way he goes 100% into things could see another injury this season.
Really like the look of Dixon worked hard all night.
Mo and Ulmer had a fair few good shots on net but Garrnet came up with the saves.

Descent game considering an early start and against a competitive team.

terry hunt

All a bit shambolic i thought.Lordo obviously is trying all sorts of line combinations with Moore in defence,Batch at forward etc.
Occasionally good to watch.The result was fair we failed to put our chances away.I wondered if we were trying to avoid injuries.
The panthers fans cheered wildly at every goal but is this the kind of team they want.I suspect it is big,crude trying to intimidate.I know quite a few Devils fans crave this sort of hockey.
The panthers coach and owners will be pleased the first piece of silverware on the shelf beating the champions in the process.
Minor things the score board not working properly for half the game.If you buy a bottle of water cant keep the cap,hot dogs are huge kids seem to like them and the new burgers appeared to be very popular.Players from both sides seemed to be falling over a lot for some reason.
The sound seemed a bit ropey tonight but it could have been my hearing playing up again.
Bring on Poprad lets see some skill.

Pope#42

Just a quick question - has there been a rule change with regards to the goal crease? It seems to have got much bigger and is no longer half a circle. I can see it causing some issues with regards to more calls of players in the crease.

zoesdevil

If you buy a bottle of water cant keep the cap.
Not being funny, but this is a little silly, there's no way a kid or most adults are going to drink a bottle of water in one Go & therefore more likely to spill it everywhere, if left on the ground & it is caught or touched. Is this the same with fizzy drinks?

Devils86

There was definitely some issues with the “non-hockey game night experience” bits like the scoreboards and the speakers - but given was first match back you can forgive/understand.

Lord did chop and change - but that’s what pre-season is for. As I said before we’ll need to work on the chemistry in order to get the best out of the new players all of whom seem a step above.

Devils86

Not being funny, but this is a little silly, there's no way a kid or most adults are going to drink a bottle of water in one Go & therefore more likely to spill it everywhere, if left on the ground & it is caught or touched. Is this the same with fizzy drinks?
Standard fare at sporting venues. Logic is that if a spectator throws a bottle then an empty/emptying one will cause less damage upon impact than a full one with lid in place.

Been a bug bear of mine for years at football grounds up and down the country.

Nothing to stop fans taking their own caps - can’t be taken off you upon entry - if you know you are getting eg a coke. But appreciate the annoyance

James

Administrator
Thread starter #32
Yes the goal crease has changed to an nhl style one but I think it’s now smaller as it’s the old semi circle one with the sides cut off essentially.

zoesdevil

Standard fare at sporting venues. Logic is that if a spectator throws a bottle then an empty/emptying one will cause less damage upon impact than a full one with lid in place.

Been a bug bear of mine for years at football grounds up and down the country.

Nothing to stop fans taking their own caps - can’t be taken off you upon entry - if you know you are getting eg a coke. But appreciate the annoyance
I'll have to start collecting kids for games! ;):)

Devil94

There was definitely some issues with the “non-hockey game night experience” bits like the scoreboards and the speakers - but given was first match back you can forgive/understand.

Lord did chop and change - but that’s what pre-season is for. As I said before we’ll need to work on the chemistry in order to get the best out of the new players all of whom seem a step above.
It's pre-season for the off ice staff too remember ;)

Not the most exciting few hours I've had at IAW. We were understandably rusty and lacked chemistry, but just think back to Benti, Asselin, Ulmer, Fournier and many others first game, it takes a while to adapt to this league. With the CV's the new guys have got, they'll have no problem clicking in no time.

Thought Linglet and Pope showed flashes of brilliance together though, add Joey Martin to centre them both and it should create something very special indeed.

Kevlar68

Pre-season friendly games in any sport are to asses players and tactics against competitive opposition without any pressure. Sure its great to win these games but it's not a must. Its more important to get things right before the first major game of the real season.

Slartibartfast

That was a typical pre season game. A bit scrappy as Lord tested the lines, not helped by the Linglet injury. Of the new players, Blood was the standout for me and had a lot of ice time.. Linglet also looked good. When he finds chemistry on a line its going to be exciting. As others have said Dixon is a dynamo. I didn't notice Hedden in the first two periods but he looked good in the third.
I thought Pope and Haddad had good games and Rutkiss does look like a mainstream playet now not a bench warmer. I prefer Moore as a forward but it was his first game back after a long lay off. When we have a full team I assume he will move up front.
Definitely not the most exciting or entertaining game and the atmosphere was a bit flat but thats normal for the first game. Still lots to be positive about. We know what Lordo can do with a team. Give it a couple of months and I think we will see some sublime hockey.

Devil_Abroad

So I’m assuming injuries are starting to mount already? Myers coming back from an op, Marting not available all weekend, Faryna getting over his facial injury, and now Linglet with possible hand problem? Aren’t we glad for the extra import cover already ✔️

terry hunt

Does seem silly a friend in our row bought a bottle for his son and he was a bit surprised.Taking your own cap as suggested seems the answer

What do they think your going to do with the cap?