Devils Vs Panthers - Sat 15 Sept - League Opener

Milky

Really can’t see what game people were watching. We dominated that game without hitting top gear until the last period. They had two decent chances and that was about it. Fair play they took them though and I thought it was going to be one of those nights. Especially with their Nettie putting in a MOM performance.

If we hadn’t of won that tonight it would have been a travesty.

Missing Faryna and Ritchie stretched our resources meaning more icetime for Moore and Rutkis. Also not having our marquee D signing doesn’t help.

Not the finished article yet but the speed of play and interlinking was as good as I’ve seen.

Brilliant game of hockey. So excited for this season.

What's up with Richardson? Saw someone, who looks a lot like him (from a distance) outside the Devils dressing room this evening on crutches.

august04

Thanks, can’t say I noticed much of him out there tonight. Moore played well though.
What's up with Richardson? Saw someone, who looks a lot like him (from a distance) outside the Devils dressing room this evening on crutches.
Heard Richie blocked a shot, not sure what the extent of the injury is. Faryna’s arm didn’t look great either. I wouldn’t be surprised if both are out for a little while.

jimmy snels

thought we were the better team first period but possibly were trying to be too fancy and didnt drive to the net for a rebound (something farayna is great at). 2nd i thought panthers edged it and physically had the edge. i started to get worried at 2-0 at this stage. 3rd we picked up the pace and hit back a bit more, we got a bit more blue collar imo and got to the net hard.

i really think if richie is out for any length of time we're going to need reinforcement. i would like a big strong dman.

RICHIE HAS A BUNION ON HIS FOOT AND WILL BE BACK SOON LOL!!
FARYNA WILL BE OUT TILL ATLEAST XMAS.

DEVILS WERE AWESOME IMO THROGHOUT THE GAME AND DESERVED THE WIN.

THEY BATTLED ALL GAME AND NOTTINGHAM JUST FOLDED IN THE THIRD THEY COULDNT KEEP UP WITH THE TEMPO AND LOOKED A LITTLE RATTLED.

Last edited by a moderator:

BostonBart22

Yes , great comeback from jaws of defeat, first period all devils until smash and grab goal, 2nd pretty even, 3rd awesome, we had the speed to do it panthers had the tired legs , not surprising most are 6ft 2 plus that will be a big downfall towards the trophy end of season. hats off to their nettie, much improved from last season , 2pts in the bag i wasnt expecting with shortage on playing staff , looks like import forward and import defence are needed fast. another note devils were short so why wasnt piggot dressed to ease the burden on the lines...

Earnie

What a game! I agree with many, the first period was Devils, the second was marginally Panthers and the third period Panthers lost their composure. They didn't know how to handle the fact they were likely to loose despite having been winning by two. What a marker by Devils. It was so important to win that one. I am happy for everyone. I bet SK and BP were jumping up and down!!

I didn’t think the Panthers were hardly in the game. We dominated start to finish. Some poor decisions on defence caused us to fall behind but that was not a reflection of the game. We are a much better team than the Panthers. However their success will be physically dominating most teams in the league. We were a bit too quick for that. They will be right up there with us though.

But, they sign a very good team and obviously invested a lot of money and sign a stupid face puncher like Doty. I just do not see the point. No discipline and that proved costly in the team coming back into the game.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #33
I didn’t think the Panthers were hardly in the game. We dominated start to finish. Some poor decisions on defence caused us to fall behind but that was not a reflection of the game. We are a much better team than the Panthers. However their success will be physically dominating most teams in the league. We were a bit too quick for that. They will be right up there with us though.

But, they sign a very good team and obviously invested a lot of money and sign a stupid face puncher like Doty. I just do not see the point. No discipline and that proved costly in the team coming back into the game.
Spot on, if you had aspirations to win the league why would you sign Doty, weird really as Panthers coach has signed some good players, still a good signing from our point of view. Well played Devils.

Well I'll give my 2p worth even though I apparently have no hockey knowledge

First period: very good period to watch, very even unlucky to be 0-1 down but for some reason I felt its was coming

Second period: I personally thought we were awful, passes going astray left right and centre, trying to play to much tippy tappy hockey almost like too much arrogance in our play, a lot of our shots just straight at garnet.

Third period: completely different team and we blew them off the ice.

Just an opinion on what I personally saw