Devils Vs Panthers - Sat 15 Sept - League Opener

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Can’t wait till Saturday, this game should be a belter two very good teams battling it out, hopefully edge of seat evening. I am going for a 3-1 Win to the Devils, what do you guys think, Panthers first loss Saturday.

dave

Can’t wait till Saturday, this game should be a belter two very good teams battling it out, hopefully edge of seat evening. I am going for a 3-1 Win to the Devils, what do you guys think, Panthers first loss Saturday.
neither can I, Great match up and its grazing shed of wannabe!! happy hockey days to that

James

Administrator
3C71KssL.png

With the excitement of CHL on the backburner for the rest of the month it's time to get the league underway and what better team to start with than the Panthers. We've already met them preseason so know a bit of what they are about. Should be a cracker.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #5
This feeling in my stomach about Saturday, is what has kept me watching this great club for 32 yrs, nothing bar nothing gets the butterflies flowing like the greatest sport on the planet. To be a part of a sell out crowd at our club is a joy to behold, Come on Saturday let’s do this, this game should be what it’s all about. They can hit, they can fight, they can score, they can skate, they can do all these things, (not as good as us guaranteed) but they are one good team. The Meat and Potatoes start Saturday, let’s get off to a flyer guys, let’s get our gaff rocking, when it’s on fire nothing can touch it, we may not have the biggest arena, but we sure have the best when the red army are on fire. Panthers you are good, but you ain’t that good.Lets do this.
Happy Hockey Days.

Good period, two teams battling with the goal going to the panthers.

Not many clear cut chances with their goal coming from a broken play + us hitting the bar.

Stream quality is poor though, I've watched quite a few icetime streams over the last few years (so know it's not normally this bad) and the blur when moving is shocking, almost vhs quality at times.

Gospel

Lots of hard work and endeavour by the Devils but lacking that cutting edge at the moment. Panties look good, well organised, disciplined and fast and will be tough to win from here.

Jonesy83

I’m not gonna lie at the start of the 3rd period I thought the Panthers had this game done and dusted.

My word what a come back that was....it is the Devils way.

Let’s Go Devils!!

Rich Best

Well done boys. Not at our best for 2 periods but awesome 3rd from everyone. That come back win will do our confidence the world of good. All the newbies class! Ben blood stood out especially in the 3rd!!

mjh

Blood, Reddick and Louis stood out for me at the back. Was worried seeing Richie out of action but they came up big. Kept discipline and that seemed to be difference. So glad my prediction was wrong. Awesome game overall.

OJLloyd

Hell of a way to start a season. If there were any newbies there tonight who didn’t get why we love hockey I’ll be surprised.

I did think at the end of the second we were going to lose a game where we were the better team again, but a fantastic third period.

Joey Martin is from another planet, and Ben Blood is the right balance of physicality, hockey ability and hockey sense.

Louis looks like he’s twice as fast as he was last year. Obviously some things to work on coming out of a comeback win, but very happy overall.

kingmo19.1

Very enjoyable game tonight - good to see some physicality at the IAW. Panthers definitely the best team in the first 2 periods then BAM ... goodnight! Thank goodness for Joey Martin. Thought he's started the season a bit slower than normal but the man is back and worth the admission price on his own.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #18
Well done boys. Not at our best for 2 periods but awesome 3rd from everyone. That come back win will do our confidence the world of good. All the newbies class! Ben blood stood out especially in the 3rd!!
There was only one team in it for the 1st period, we were all over them like a rash. Not once did we deserve to be behind, and if we lost that game it would have been criminal, they are a good team, but not as good as us.And don’t forget, we were 2 very good players short tonight.

Rich Best

There was only one team in it for the 1st period, we were all over them like a rash. Not once did we deserve to be behind, and if we lost that game it would have been criminal, they are a good team, but not as good as us.And don’t forget, we were 2 very good players short tonight.
I just didn't think we were quite clicking until the 3rd. But yes we were the better team in the 1st, Garnett kept them in it. Panthers looked stronger in the 2nd. We were at a different level in the 3rd to either of the first two periods. I still think it was pretty evenly matched, Panthers look very strong particularly defensively. Very organised.