Devils Vs Panthers - League - 12th & 13th Feb 22

James

Administrator
Thread starter #44
According to a panthers fan on Twitter tousignant has form for this. He knew fully what he was doing and it worked. At least McNally panel beat him for his efforts

Devil94

Those goals were so nice to watch. But the cheekiest play of the night was Crandall on the first goal, faking that he saw the puck at the back post, dragging Carr over, leaving the actual puck and half an empty net for Reid.

Shout out to Register too. Now on a 9 game streak with 14 points.

Last edited:
Spot on and exactly what happened, the call was a joke,
Do you think the call was a joke (as in wrong) or the rule is a joke and the officials got it right?

On the game, that second period was superb and 4 out of five goals were half empty net goals with the quick accurate passing pulling Carr all over the place, and as someone said earlier the move by Crandall was so clever to fool Carr into thinking he had a view of the puck to drag him of the post

ASHIPP

If the Panthers don't turn up in front of their dwindling, despondent fan base tonight, it will be a disgrace for that club.
And we just know that they are going to turn up....their record against the Devils at the NIC is pretty good.

Devil94

Looking at it as an isolated incident I think it's a fair call. But when comparing it to hits to the head (like Ellerby) that have also recieved 2 games it rankles a bit. 2 games for this and 5 for Ellerby would have been far more consistent.

Wannabe2

Two game suspension for that incident, people are killing this game hope Todd gets involved. Would love to see Louis make Tousignant pay-now today. A big win tonight would also be a good response.

The snowflakes are starting to ruin the game! A 2 game suspension for fighting, protecting a team mate (top scorer) who was being crossed checked by a dirty rink rat! This is the problem with the game now the rats will start taking over and they won’t have to deal with any repercussions because they know that the instigator rule has the players hand tied.

Two game suspension for that incident, people are killing this game hope Todd gets involved. Would love to see Louis make Tousignant pay-now today. A big win tonight would also be a good response.
Do you want Todd to get involved and change the Laws of the game???
Do you still think it's a joke call after the explanation from DOPS. Actual laws of the game and not a hissy fit reaction from a fan.

Voth26, Steveo86....... as much as I agree with you re Instigator pen, he wasn't kicked out for instigating although was given the penalty.

Its not a two game ban for the incident, there is an extra game for being a repeat offender.
McNally really has to be smarter and if he can't I can't see him being asked back.
I'm glad it's #74 thats got the ban though and not Crandall that is pictured in the DOPS article.

Mazzoak

I agree 2 game ban is excessive and these inconsistent decisions are going to cause the small attendance levels to fall further as clubs won’t want to risk losing players. If U.K. hockey wants to remain a viable sport clubs need to start investing in the officiating & standards and quickly.