Devils Vs Panthers - 22 Jan 20 - CC Semi Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wannabe2

They slowly stop going to games that are likely not going to be “entertaining“. The club then does promotions, such as they did with the Girl Guides when the owners came to town to fill empty seats.
Have you seen how many seats are available for Sunday’s game, these frustrated fans are a fickle lot ain’t they.

Gospel

Murdy needs to step up - what?!?! This implies he has a choice - he does not - it's up to Lordo to give him the chance

Also, how do you know what's in Lordo's plans re Rutkis

Trust Lordo - we are not in a bad place at this point in the season. Not what we have become used to recently but not bad.

Given the owners plans for silverware when they took over we have over performed so let's not get too pessimistic for the team - and the coach's decisions
Step up as in terms of getting a start. Your reading too much into what i said.

As for Rutkiss, check his ice time when hes been on the bench, look at our 4th line over the last couple of years, Lord didnt use them. He trundles out our top guys time & time again. This season our 4th line has been probably the best line so give them the chance & let them show what they can do. The same applies to Rutkiss who has been good every chance hes been given.

SteveKing

There is growing frustration amongst fans regarding the cost to watch a team that is under performing without signs of change. Fans are not stupid, we’re all aware you cannot win every game, every trophy, every year. Nobody is bothered by the odd loss of a game, we all know there is not guaranteed wins. What bothers fans is the lack of passion from players, their current lack of performance way below their potential, owner statements such as nobody’s safe in an under performing team, that the club wants entertaining games and to challenge for silverware and is willing to do whatever it takes to be the best, yet so far this season.........
OK. Let’s talk about this. You’ve made several comments on here about “owner comments and promises“ and insinuating that I’ve been untruthful, insincere and have not followed through. I would say that it’s more than fair that if you’re going to call me out personally that you let me and everybody else here know what exactly I’ve lied about or not followed through on that I had promised. I’m very curious.

Devilsatw

OK. Let’s talk about this. You’ve made several comments on here about “owner comments and promises“ and insinuating that I’ve been untruthful, insincere and have not followed through. I would say that it’s more than fair that if you’re going to call me out personally that you let me and everybody else here know what exactly I’ve lied about or not followed through on that I had promised. I’m very curious.
I would like to ask why is bowns playing week in week out? He clearly needs a break.
And why is our first line forward not been released?
1 goal in 30 plus games is not acceptable

Mazzoak

Yes let’s keep talking.

Diafol

Granted, the last few games we haven't been good enough, but let's put things into perspective.

We are still in a position to win the lot this season.
We might do it, or we might finish empty handed. Who knows.

Contrast this with the season we were having back in 2013/14.
I know which team I'd rather be watching and where.

It's great that our expectations have been raised but it does seem sometimes that certain people on here were happier back in the BBT watching us trying and failing to scrape into the playoffs.
I don't get it !

RTfarty

He also looks like Gary Glitter (no joke take a look). The only thing I would trust less than his hockey opinion would be his tourist guide to Cambodia.
Probably the most embarrassing post I've ever seen on this forum. Well done.

Agreed, it's now deleted. Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gazza272

I enjoyed the game (apart from the 2nd period) I thought the biggest shame was the attendance was only 2100, such a shame for a semi final
I think there were a few mitigating circumstances, Slipknot were on in town, and i know a few season ticket holders, who already had tickets for that, and a lot of people still hadn't been paid since Christmas, it was a bit of an icky time to have the game, but I thought it was a decent and noisy crowd.

Kevin roog

I tried to get Slipknot tickets . not for them but for the support act behemoth, but that’s a different story. I think £10 tickets for the semi was the way to go in hindsight

august04

I think there were a few mitigating circumstances, Slipknot were on in town, and i know a few season ticket holders, who already had tickets for that, and a lot of people still hadn't been paid since Christmas, it was a bit of an icky time to have the game, but I thought it was a decent and noisy crowd.
I can’t imagine Slipknot being in town had a huge impact! It’s purely financial - full price tickets for a non-season ticket, mid week game shortly after Christmas is never going to sell well. Simple as that for me. I thought it was a bit shortsighted by the club not to have offered some pricing concessions for this one, and try to get the building as full as possible.

Gazza272

I can’t imagine Slipknot being in town had a huge impact! It’s purely financial - full price tickets for a non-season ticket, mid week game shortly after Christmas is never going to sell well. Simple as that for me. I thought it was a bit shortsighted by the club not to have offered some pricing concessions for this one, and try to get the building as full as possible.

what can I say? I know it's anecdotal, but a lot of people I spoke to seemed to have tickets for it, worth a few hundred staying away? Certainly think it's possible, I'd say there was a big rock/hockey cross over in terms of demographics, moreso than hockey and other sports possibly.

I don't think you were going to get many more people in the building than what we got, a discount wouldn't have made more money than the crowd we had paying full price IMO, in fact we may have been risking a bigger loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.