Devils Vs Panthers - 17 Nov 18 - League

Foxy

Much better performance. Still some areas to work on and some stupid penalties taken but you couldn't fault the effort tonight.

Nice to see Duggan get his first professional goal. Here's hoping its the first of many.

jimmy snels

much much better. played like a devils team. i was thoroughly entertained and enjoyed my night. If we play like that and lose i dont mind as much if im honest. To lose with a whimper is horrid. but to win in that manner is the best!!
now play in that fashion every week and im happy!

BostonBart22

Hell of a win in the end. Great performance all round.. Linglet very good I thought... Who the hell picks mom Martin yes... Olsen OK 2 goals but for me the nettie garnet kept panthers in the game... Otherwise a 6...2scoreline

Rob Batch

Hell of a win in the end. Great performance all round.. Linglet very good I thought... Who the hell picks mom Martin yes... Olsen OK 2 goals but for me the nettie garnet kept panthers in the game... Otherwise a 6...2scoreline
I appreciated your prediction of the scoreboard corners.Lottery numbers next please.

Much better performance and just shows that the performance of the team will bring the crowd into it, for me it can't be forced, Fayna leading the way showing his dedication for the shirt, perhaps that's what spurred a few others to pick up their game. On a side note, did Craig Moore get any shifts tonight? The first time I noticed him was for the skate around at the end.

Nice to see a few new touches in the rink too, the new viola pictures over by the bar finally breaking up the white and the score board corners being put in, hopefully a sign of things to come

OJLloyd

That was a great game to be at tonight.

The crowd were up for it from the beginning, but so were the team. Things went a little flat in the second on both fronts, but the third was very tense if not the loudest.

Thought Garnett was superb, made 3 or 4 top class saves, as well as us hitting the cross bar, inside of the post and having a few extremely close calls.

Not getting carried away, in the same way as we shouldn’t take last weekend to mean the team are done. There are still some super casual giveaways in our own zone by the D, and I think we can improve a little bit on our finishing. Also not forgetting their hitting the crossbar.

That being said, tonight was great. Here’s to rolling in to Dundee tomorrow with some confidence!

Wannabe2

Just how much have we missed Faryna , he busts his hand, he has ribs injuries, he comes back like a bloody freight train, he fights Panthers toughest guy without blinking a eye, no one bothers this guy, he is a Devil thru and thru. Check out his actions to us all, come on guys we are all in this together it’s all about the shirt, and the club, don’t you just love this man, there just ain’t nothing he won’t do for this club. Myself I would sign him up for years to come, he epitomises everything that we love to see in a true Devil. Every now and again a player comes along that is a true Devil, a player that presses all the right switches, and that player is Mr Justin Faryna.

Rich Best

I totally totally agree. Can't understand the other poster saying that Bownsey kept us in the game.... Bownsey was solid don't get me wrong, but I saw it as Garnett standing on his head tonight!

Rob Batch

Because we beat the team that a majority thought will win the league, there's not alot of joy floating about. What is going thru peoples minds ?

Hedd Wyn John

That was a great game to be at tonight.

The crowd were up for it from the beginning, but so were the team. Things went a little flat in the second on both fronts, but the third was very tense if not the loudest.

Thought Garnett was superb, made 3 or 4 top class saves, as well as us hitting the cross bar, inside of the post and having a few extremely close calls.

Not getting carried away, in the same way as we shouldn’t take last weekend to mean the team are done. There are still some super casual giveaways in our own zone by the D, and I think we can improve a little bit on our finishing. Also not forgetting their hitting the crossbar.

That being said, tonight was great. Here’s to rolling in to Dundee tomorrow with some confidence!
Good assessment, our performance was MUCH better thankfully. P1 we were strongest I feel. We could have won it in Regulation but Garnett was on fire. I feel that our D still needs improvement, as you say there were a few easy give always that could have cost us dearly. Fortunately we had Bowns & Panthers couldn’t capitalise. (But on another night we could be rueing those mistakes) We’re missing the stability of Hotham & Strachan from last year so still need a new D IMO. On the whole if we play more like this & I think we can still push hard for the title. Belfast will need a drop in form IMO as they look like they’re at another level right now.

Slartibartfast

Much better performance though not the amazing level of six weeks ago yet. Ulmer and Haddad stood out for me. I agree it could have been a much bigger win if it were not for Garnett. Great to see the Devils playing physical and great to hear the crowd loud from the beginning. Just one more thing to say. Ohhhhh Justin Faryna. !!!!

Earnie

Our team is back. I really enjoyed that. Onwards and upwards. Well done to Lordo and the team. A new D will arrive eventually and I look forward to that.

tim78

Excellent game really enjoyed watching, looked to be back to the earlier performance with just a few mised chances in front of net that kept the game tight.

Fantastic finish from Martyn last night to grab the game, loved the determination.

Would put a load of explicits to emphasis how much I've missed watching Faryna on the team. Think we need to start a seperate fund for him as he just puts his body on the line all the time. Also Hedden and Dixon came out hard hope the team keep the style of play for those big games.

Shout out to Batch as well who's looking solid on D.

Mazzoak

Cracking game that had everything we need, with some room for improvement. Let’s face it, one game at a time and remember not every game is a certainty, not every performance is going to be clinical. We may well still be in a dip. Plenty to come this season, that's the way l like it.