Devils Vs Panthers - 13 Jan - League

Devil_Abroad

Expecting Devils to pile on the misery.

Panthers are completely ruined. There's clear and obvious trouble in camp, Chernomaz appears to have lost the locker room.

Last night and last week was embarrassing. I'd say there's no Plan B but it appears there isn't even a Plan A at the moment. There's no structure and very little fight. Our defence is dire and the forwards couldn't hit a barn door.

So glad I haven't made the journey down.
You forgot Plan C - this is the Devils, let’s play solid D, high tempo, high forecheck, simple trap, collapse 5 man D, keep them to the outside.

Why only us though? ‍♂️

Foxy

We played well in patches again.

Always know teams will score on us but for gods sake make them work for them not gift wrap them up for them........
We should have been 3-4 goals up in that 1st period.

Second period we went to sleep again the intensity went. We have to stop doing this or next weekend Belfast will make us pay for it. That means making sure of our passes, no more sloppyness and wayward passes.

Third period normal service resumed.

Ulmer was sublime tonight and i like the look of Livingstone. Like Schistol he'll take a few games to get up to speed but looks a good signing

Nottingham - Wasn't overly impressed with Stewart. Yes he scored a goal but looked overweight and slow. Garnett i thought was solid tonight and that save in the third was immense and although Pither gave away the penalty at the end i thought he was their best player out there.

Devils86

Brought a mate of mine whose only other match was the 9-1 win against Lightning in the CC earlier in the season. His feedback was that tonight was much more enjoyable even if the tech side of things had “one of those nights” - happens to all organisations at some point and on the whole the guys do a great job.

On ice I thought for long periods we weren’t great - passing going astray but we got flustered abit by the Panthers really coming at us.

Didn’t think we were clearly the better team and Panthers always looked dangerous. But that is a key win.

Also interesting to hear the details of the Livingstone deal from Fran in the Q&A. Sounds like another Mosey in that he’s been a long term target.

A great night.

Diablo3

Strange night... No computers to let us in, Sound system on the Fritz. Scoreboard on the Fritz (Although quite liked the Windows one) Zamboni on the fritz. Couldn't understand after the first period how it could be 2-2. Second period we were not good. Third Period we were great. OT was just a lesson on how to do it. then get to meet the team and they were great. Very friendly to everyone. Big thanks to them for taking the time to do that. All in all I'll happily accept a 4 point weekend and go again next week.

Absolutely brilliant result seeing that we were down by a couple. This team is far from perfect but at the moment we have a proper ‘never say die’ attitude. I can’t help think that as gutting as our recently left players are because we loved them that whatever issues during the ‘blip’ have now been eliminated. Long way to go but this team is massively enjoyable to support. Keep it going boys.

Milky

Mach night was all over the place but the music choices were miles better and I enjoyed a scoreboard that was easy to read (even if you could see them moving the mouse :) ) other than that a fun game and although I was holding my head at some of the non calls, we’ve seen to many games ruined by everything being called, and it made for an exciting game. Took a newbie along and they really enjoyed themselves and will be back.
Agree the music was so much better. The scoreboard was easier to read too.

Kevlar68

I think apart from the game (which I really enjoyed) last night seemed a bit of a shambles all round. Entrance in to arena started 10 mins late, sound in arena was a mess, the whole pre-game build up was awful, no sound, visuals poor, lighting effects were non existent with tube lighting left on, the ice pad looked more like a pond after zamboni had been around, a Nintendo ice hockey scoreboard and the music seemed to be just 4 songs most of the night, 2 lemmy/motorhead, prodigy and gangnam style.
Good job first and third periods were great hockey or the whole night would have been pretty poor.

to clear up the confusion of the tech issues the usual match night tech guy had a medical problem needing a hospital visit.
the stand in was arranged an hour before face off so had very little time to get anything sorted . the zamboni was operated by mikey
who is arena manager because ricky the usual zamboni driver was the stand in for the tech guy

Ocko

Best game I've watched all season. We mightve gone behind but Nottingham have a good team, we cant expect to be faultless for 60 minutes against teams in this league, and to be honest it would be quite boring if we did.

Credit to the management for overcoming many difficulties off ice yesterday. I actually liked the music a lot. In particular the goal music - I cant even remember what it was but remember thinking it was a refreshing change from the 70s music of Status Quo which seems a bit stale to me.

BostonBart22

Best game I've watched all season. We mightve gone behind but Nottingham have a good team, we cant expect to be faultless for 60 minutes against teams in this league, and to be honest it would be quite boring if we did.

Credit to the management for overcoming many difficulties off ice yesterday. I actually liked the music a lot. In particular the goal music - I cant even remember what it was but remember thinking it was a refreshing change from the 70s music of Status Quo which seems a bit stale to me.
Didnt hear the goal music due to cheering after goal, think the speakers were down in block 1..

Diafol

I cant even remember what it was but remember thinking it was a refreshing change from the 70s music of Status Quo which seems a bit stale to me.
Actually that track is from 2002 but I get your point .
It could be worse, I think some NHL teams are still using Gary Glitter !

Devil_Abroad

Brought a mate of mine whose only other match was the 9-1 win against Lightning in the CC earlier in the season. His feedback was that tonight was much more enjoyable even if the tech side of things had “one of those nights” - happens to all organisations at some point and on the whole the guys do a great job.

On ice I thought for long periods we weren’t great - passing going astray but we got flustered abit by the Panthers really coming at us.

Didn’t think we were clearly the better team and Panthers always looked dangerous. But that is a key win.

Also interesting to hear the details of the Livingstone deal from Fran in the Q&A. Sounds like another Mosey in that he’s been a long term target.

A great night.
What was said at the Q&A? Anything else too?

Devils86

Actually that track is from 2002 but I get your point .
It could be worse, I think some NHL teams are still using Gary Glitter !
As a relative newbie I still am fond of the Quo song - it’s certainly different to Chelse Dagger which is everywhere!

Devils86

What was said at the Q&A? Anything else too?
With Livingston the Devils had looked at him previously, but he choose to go to Germany as he thought he had a shot at getting to the DEL. He’d been top scorer or thereabouts for that side season before last but the new coach brought in a big signing and due to import rules JL found himself not playing a few times. Devils approached his club before Xmas but they wouldn’t release him from contract as they needed cover. But position changed in the New Year and Devils made the move.

Apparently Devils wanted JL straightaway but he wouldn’t leave his wife (who was in audience for Q&A and almost made Fran blush) and dog in Germany whilst a house move etc was sorted along with getting all his gear over. But the kit man from his former club loaded all his gear, including wife and dog into a van and drove it to Cardiff!

So he’s been on the cards for a while and Devils have been keeping it on the quiet. But similar to Mosey he looks to be someone we have spotted before and identified and when the time was right made a move for.

Not sure Fran would have gone into such detail if TK was on the stage, but he was trying to handle the technical stuff by the sound of it (no pun intended).

No other real juicy questions - couple on webcasts, the Panthers, Fournier and Myers, the Giants’ position on the CHL, and the Clan victory.

And a couple plugs for the new podcast he’s doing with John and Gaz.