Devils Vs Panthers - 13 Apr 19 - Play Off Semi Final Spectacular

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
PredictorBet-Playoffs-1200x500.png Getting this one up early as there's plenty to talk about. Devils face the Panthers in a semi final showdown clash at the totally neutral venue the NIC. Devils will count as the home team for this one so will have home team rights during the game but will probably be on the away bench and use the away dressing room. The winner of this match get to face the giants or the Flames in the final on Sunday.

Last edited:

august04

Tough game this one. Panthers have been a mystery this year - they looked like they had everything at the start of the season yet failed miserably really in the league. 3-3 in our series though and I’ve been impressed with them , pretty much every time we’ve played them this year. Playing at the NIC is to their huge advantage and we will need to be at our very best to win this game.

Devils86

The key will be to avoid what has often (in my opinion) been our downfall in key road games this year: starting well, and staying out of the box.

At times some of our key men (Linglet and Fournier in my mind) take unnecessary penalties at just the wrong time - it probably isn’t backed up by stats though.

The Panthers will come hard and physical at us and we need to match that, but let them take the stupid penalties. Smart hockey.

Swarley

Panthers blatantly have the home advantage and that place has been a difficult one for us to get points at this season, if we are gonna break that streak of them stuffing us in their barn it has to be this Saturday.

ASHIPP

Looks like the Panthers could be playing their young import goalie Munson for the Playoffs. He's been pretty consistent. Will this be the first time he has played against the Devils?

hip check

Is it a bit understandable that I'm feeling apprehensive about this weekend?
Previously I've always been confident about our chances regardless of the opposition but not so sure about this one.

matbur

For me, if we can play with the same approach as we did against Steelers last Sunday, then we've got a great chance of seeing off Panthers. Anything less, and we could struggle.

Not even thinking about any potential final.

Gaz G

It just so happens that I'm heading up to Notts on Sunday. My train is due in at 2. If the Devils make the final I might just go and have a look. Will they let me in with a suitcase and golf clubs????