Devils Vs Panthers - 13 Apr 19 - Play Off Semi Final Spectacular

Samael

Are there any complaints ?
With today's performance/result? No.

With your comment above? Yes. I have no idea what you are going on about yet again Rob. Been necking the "malbec" again have you? It's POFW so it's excusable but, if I'm reading you right, saying Belfast have won the league, conference AND challenge cup was based on luck, you are talkinbg out of your arse sir.

Rich Best

With today's performance/result? No.

With your comment above? Yes. I have no idea what you are going on about yet again Rob. Been necking the "malbec" again have you? It's POFW so it's excusable but, if I'm reading you right, saying Belfast have won the league, conference AND challenge cup was based on luck, you are talkinbg out of your arse sir.
Always a bit of luck involved. Fine margins and all that.

Belfast won the league finishing on equal points and the challenge cup in OT. Could have been very different with a couple of lucky bounces going the other way. Giants are very good though, let's not forget that. Very good.

But so are we!

Enjoy the Malbec Rob!

jenks33

Chuffed with the win. To be honest I didn’t fancy us beforehand, mainly because of panthers home advantage. We won it comfortably in the end tho.
I said after last sunday’s game that for us to win the play offs I felt that Bowns and Fournier needed big weekends. I still maintain that. For me I think Bownsy especially needs a big one tomorrow. What we need from Ben tomorrow is those big saves. Those saves that he probably shouldn’t make but he does. We’ll need that against Belfast. And we need Gleason to rediscover that swagger. Don’t get me wrong Fournier has been outstanding this season but I think he’s struggling for form a bit at the moment. Having said all that if Linglet carries on from where he left off today we’ll be unstoppable!

zoesdevil

Always a bit of luck involved. Fine margins and all that.

Belfast won the league finishing on equal points and the challenge cup in OT. Could have been very different with a couple of lucky bounces going the other way. Giants are very good though, let's not forget that. Very good.

But so are we!

Enjoy the Malbec Rob!
True,it was LUCKY they found that laptop that night too!!! ;-p

Hedd Wyn John

True,it was LUCKY they found that laptop that night too!!! ;-p
We can always talk about fine margins, luck etc but The Devils & Giants played each other 6 times in the league this season with a maximum of 12 points up for grabs. The Devils won two home games & had one OTL away to bag 5 points. The Giants beat us once in Cardiff & 3 times in Belfast (twice in OT). Thus giving them 8 points from our games. There were lots of key moments in the league (that unexpected OTL to MK in the autumn, the loss to Stars & of course the last game vs Blaze) but not beating the Giants at least once away was the difference. & that’s because the Giants are a very strong team who thoroughly deserve their achievement and worked very hard to make it happen. Not down to luck at all. You make your own luck in this sport.

Foxy

OMG just seen a post on the cage from a fan saying he’s disgusted at Evan Mosey for celebrating his goal in front of their fans........ wern’t we shooting their way?

Slartibartfast

After the crap he has got from (some) Panthers fans following the Risling check... Don't blame him for celebrating, one bit!

He's a Devil now...
And a damn good one. Some complained that he was a poor replacement for blood. He is a very different player to Blood. He does not have his size but he has tremendous speed and work ethic. He has been a welcome addition to the team and I hope to see him back next season.

Paul Sullivan

Just to say I think Devils fans absolutely did themselves proud today. I don’t always believe in the best fans in the league line but today was a pretty unified fan base really getting behind the team. Pleasure to be a part of and really showed the other teams how it should be done. I honestly think that game was won in the anthems.
While a shame to not be with the fans for the whole game, the greater privilege is to see and hear them from another part of the arena. Trust me, it was LOUD on that bench and at the front when the Anthem(s) were sung and it didn't go unnoticed by the guys how loud it was when they scored (or robbed the opposition blind, Bownsy), either.

There's no way of knowing for sure but if I had to guess I would say including those around in other blocks, we had somewhere between 1/2 to 1/2 of the capacity of the Viola in that building. Amazing.