Devils vs Mountfield HK - 30 Aug 19 - CHL

moggy#9

I'm glad that we've got someone in, but the reality is that we're going into a competition with no import restrictions short. I'm afraid that my natural pessimism is showing through. I just hope that there's strength in adversity.

I'd expect the first 10 mins to be very tactical with the devils playing some sort of trap. If we can get the Mountfield players frustrated they may pick up silly penalties. What we can't afford to do is take stupid penalties for late hits, face off violations or too many men. If bownsie doesn't play I expect us to be far more defensive and give murdy a lot of protection. The special teams are going to be key. I certainly hope that we generate a lot more movement around the net.
They're flying today, if anything you want to go at them early.

Thanks Both. I've been away pretty much since going to watch the first pre-season game - came away from that with a lot of optimism, so despite a few recent wobbles, let's hope we can use that as a platform and step-up tonight! :)

Just letting whoever is travelling up from Bridgend that the roadworks on the m4 at pencoed are still there. It took me 45mins to get to Cardiff from MacArthur glen