Devils Vs MKL / MKL Vs Devils - 16 & 17 Feb 19 - League

Devils86

#10 wound me up all night - glad the officials called it right and threw him out. Presume DOPS won’t look at him for tomorrow for head butting as handled tonight?

Win not good for the blood pressure! Newbies I brought loved it though.

I maybe being grumpy but whilst I do appreciate the Lightning fans and the atmosphere they bring - they aren’t half annoying with those drums

Fair play, bottom of the league on the ice, great fans.

august04

#10 wound me up all night - glad the officials called it right and threw him out. Presume DOPS won’t look at him for tomorrow for head butting as handled tonight?

Win not good for the blood pressure! Newbies I brought loved it though.

I maybe being grumpy but whilst I do appreciate the Lightning fans and the atmosphere they bring - they aren’t half annoying with those drums

Fair play, bottom of the league on the ice, great fans.
He won’t be playing tomorrow, took a match penalty tonight. I assume DOPS will review after the weekend and he’ll be sat for a couple more.

Foxy

Arghhhhh why are we not starting to play for the first period.

No Bownsy was not at fault he was hung out to dry by the D. When we need to clear the zone dont try anything fancy. Pass it out stop giving the puck away.

Play like that against Belfast and we wont be picking up points.

Milky

Wow, great fight back and incredibly valuable points at this time in the season.

I must say though we owe a big thank you to the officials for helping us on our comeback. Think that was genuinely some of the worst refereeing I’ve see this season. I think MK can feel hard done by.

jenks33

I know we are both playing tomorrow night but there needs to be a big shift in momentum for us to go to Belfast next weekend full of confidence. Giants have a spring in their step since the signings of Smotherman and Higgins where as we’ve found ourselves 3-1 down in most games lately. Fair enough we’ve won most of those matches but we probably won’t get away with it next weekend

CaldicotDevil

Great game but being brutally honest if MK had more bodies tonight they would've won. Fair play to Wallace he's getting the best out a poor situation. Mazanec really let his team with that head butt, they were still in with a shout at the time. Looking at the game time Shudra got tonight makes me think we should do the same with Rutkis next season.

Refs had a good game tonight and really let the game flow. Glad they didn't buy Baillargeon dive for our second goal.

Schiestel played some serious minutes tonight and he's getting better each week. Livingston is impressing me as well.

Hedd Wyn John

Great spirit from the Devils to fight back like that tonight but we really need to cut out the sloppy passs & badly timedmoves which almost cost us tonight. Belfast will be clinical & we can’t afford to play like this.

jimmy snels

*i thought goal tending was poor tonight, glove side has become a weak area for Ben. not sure why.
*Defence seem to struggle to distribute the puck sensibly at times. puts us under needless trouble. They also need to remember their primary role is to defend.
*joey martin was a beast tonight. good lad!
*one of the weirdest match penalties ive ever seen!
* good mk bring the noise!

Swarley

Who was it that got headbutted? I didn't get to see the game at the arena or on icetime and I'm wondering who got hit with it as I heard Duggan went missing.

august04

I was hugely impressed by MK tonight, apart from the clown that cost them any chance of getting a deserved point. If they are around next year, they should go with Wallace as player coach. They seem to be really playing for him and but for lack of numbers would surely be higher up the league. They certainly offered more than most teams I’ve seen at IAW this year and can feel a little hard done by not to get anything tonight. A good comeback from the Devils and Joey Martin proved once again, come crunch time, he’s still our MVP. I’m very concerned about our team defence though. So many turnovers yet again, some incredibly sloppy defensive play and we look so fragile at the back end at times. We won’t get away with it against better teams.

Diablo3

Lordo has it all in hand, in the run up to Belfast, he's tried giving the opponents a 3-1 lead a few times and we won , then tonight they tried a 4-1 lead and we won. The only downer was when he wouldn't let our guys score for 57 minutes with a 3-0 lead.

On a serious note, we keep showing that even when we go behind, we have the spirit to turn it around.

@Swarley, it was Hedden he headbutted, but after the headbuts, Hedden just shook him around like a rag doll, didn't throw a punch though which is why he only got a 2 minute minor

Samael

l don't see us returning from Belfast with any points next week if our swiss cheese of a defence turns up and plays this way. We are giving up way too many goals to teams who, on paper, we should be destroying. When we are struggling against short benched teams like this it's concerning.