Devils Vs MKL / MKL Vs Devils - 16 & 17 Feb 19 - League

Rob Batch

Haha, well i'm glad someone missed me Rob!

nothing sinister, had tickets bought for me for Christmas for a show in London, from someone who didn't realise they should check the fixture list! ;) So I was double booked.

Made the Game in MK last night though.
Didn't realise you were allowed to have a private life.

jimmy snels

Just watched Sunday’s highlight, can anyone explain why Devil’s potential 7th goal was disallowed? Looks to me that Killeen kicks the net off just as Hedden is clearly going to score.
i thought exactly the same. i was under the impression if u were in the act of scoring and the net was kicked off it was down to the refs discretion if that would have still gone in? looked a perfectly good goal with my interpretation of the rules

Imp

i thought exactly the same. i was under the impression if u were in the act of scoring and the net was kicked off it was down to the refs discretion if that would have still gone in? looked a perfectly good goal with my interpretation of the rules
Vague recollection of someone sat next to me at the game saying that the ref signalled the goal was dislodged before the shot and being fairly confident it wouldn’t count.

Don’t know how that stacks up against replay, but I assume video review requires clear evidence that the specific call was wrong. So you might be looking for evidence of when play was stopped, rather than what happens with the frame/goalie?

dave

The wording in the rule that is key to their decision is "shooting motion" not act of scoring.... The net moves before the actual shooting motion..

jimmy snels

one of my favourites of these was away in sheffield, P.Aubrey in net. goes behind to collect a puck and took a horrendous kick off the boards straight to the middle of the ice on a steelers stick. Aubrey literally turned the net over. penalty shot was awarded.... he saved it. god was he booed that night :p:p:p:p

T10P

The wording in the rule that is key to their decision is "shooting motion" not act of scoring.... The net moves before the actual shooting motion..
I think common sense should prevail in this situation in that regardless of the net being dislodged a split second before the shot being released, it’s clear the puck was going into the net regardless.

But heyho rules are rules.

Hedd Wyn John

Just watched Sunday’s highlight, can anyone explain why Devil’s potential 7th goal was disallowed? Looks to me that Killeen kicks the net off just as Hedden is clearly going to score.
If the goal is off it’s moorings before the puck crosses the line then it’s no goal (at least that’s how I understand NHL rules)

dave

If the goal is off it’s moorings before the puck crosses the line then it’s no goal (at least that’s how I understand NHL rules)
Here you go....

RULE 98 – SCORING A GOAL/GOAL FRAME OFF
i. If a defending player displaces his goal frame and the opposing team
scores a goal, the goal will be allowed provided:
1. The opponent was in the act of shooting prior to the goal frame
being displaced

Last edited by a moderator:

tim78

Arguably what is the act of shooting doesn't that include positioning yourself to shoot or any direct movement prior to releasing the puck. It's clearly a rule for interpretation but for me was a goal. The netminder dislodged the net in a movement that wasnt by clear accident ie using the net to push forward and the puck was clearly going to go in.