Devils Vs MKL - 30 Mar 19 - League

Chris

Administrator
Good game but you have to feel sorry for murdy, what does he have to do to get ice time. He could have taken the third period.
I'm not sure we do though?

It's the business end of the season, we're in a title fight with Belfast who also won tonight. If keeping Bowns on means there's more chance of winning tomorrow then so be it!

Somewhere down the line perhaps he could/should have played, but i'm not so sure that point is now. It would almost be good for a tournament of sorts to be introduced where teams HAVE to play their backups, give them some game time alongside all the practice time that they get.

kingmo19.1

If Murdy is confident in his ability then I'm sure he'll be packing his bags this summer.
It's pointless him staying in Cardiff and hardly playing all season ..... or does the nice flat in the bay and cushy environment outweigh the ambition ???

Reminds me a bit of Archie Nelson in the John Lawless days. Good little player, but JL would hardly play him - unless the fans started chanting !!

august04

Well that was a lot less stressful than I was expecting, given the decision of MK to play their back up goalie - I’m sure Belfast were thrilled with that one. Job done, on to tomorrow.
Murdy could have had a couple of periods tonight, the game was over early on. Also disappointed to see Livingston miss out again. I thought he was playing well but he seems to be the one that misses out when everyone is fit.

Samael

Job done.

It's games like this and Belfast last night against Fife though that really highlight the disparity in teams at the so called elite level.

"Are you not entertained?" shouted in my best Russell Crowe Gladiator accent.*

I really do hope there are more teams in the title race next year, except for Sheffield, they can stay where they are for a few years.

Samael

Fife are roughly 4/5 players short with injuries. We all know mk are 3/4 players down through injuries and leaving the club.

It’s life get over it
And yet Fife managed to beat Glasgow tonight, another team of mediocrity....
It's not life, it's the EIHL, so I fail to see what there is to get over. Considering you were saying wannabe makes stupid posts in another thread, you might want to look at your own sometime.

Devilsatw

It happens in every sport you have the good teams and the bad teams,

Nothing stupid about my posts.

Remember this mk team beat us at home a few months back.

august04

Job done.

It's games like this and Belfast last night against Fife though that really highlight the disparity in teams at the so called elite level.

"Are you not entertained?" shouted in my best Russell Crowe Gladiator accent.*

I really do hope there are more teams in the title race next year, except for Sheffield, they can stay where they are for a few years.
As much as it pains me to say, I hope Sheffield and Nottingham are more competitive next year. 22 points between 1st and 3rd is ridiculous and Steelers are 30 points behind, which is incredible really.

voth26

Well that was a lot less stressful than I was expecting, given the decision of MK to play their back up goalie - I’m sure Belfast were thrilled with that one. Job done, on to tomorrow.
Murdy could have had a couple of periods tonight, the game was over early on. Also disappointed to see Livingston miss out again. I thought he was playing well but he seems to be the one that misses out when everyone is fit.
I was thinking the same feel a bit sorry for Livingston to be honest, if he's not carrying an injury then you have to feel sorry for him

Samael

As much as it pains me to say, I hope Sheffield and Nottingham are more competitive next year. 22 points between 1st and 3rd is ridiculous and Steelers are 30 points behind, which is incredible really.
I'd rather see Guildford in the mix rather than Sheffield. Couple of years of nothing will do the Yorks some good. Smith might actually shake things up league wise too if gate receipts drop at the orange house of rust.

Diablo3

I enjoyed the game, I thought our boys just nailed it from the start. Shout out to the MK fans, didn't stop singing. Can we buy one of their big drums for our guy please, way louder. I also thought everyone joining in the chant for Lightening at the end was a nice touch.

jimmy snels

men against boys a bit. our top lines are just a step up. i fancy lordo had them back off a tad as well in 3rd.
shout out to the mk fans. unbelievable all night. THAT drum. christ on a bike we got to get one of those... if not 2 or 3! what a sound. an absolute credit to their team.
good on batchy for 500.

i also feel Livingstone is very unlucky to be missing out but will save my opinion on any more than this to a later day.

Devils86

When Livingstone was brought it he was very much a utility signing brought in to play up and down the lines to enable us to rest some guys who were carrying niggles.

If everybody is fit then I would expect him to be dropped. He’s certainly good enough to play but messing around with lines on the final weekend is not worth it.

I’m just glad I’m not Lord because despite the above it will have been a tough decision. I can’t see anyone (even those that have been unpopular this season with a few) I would drop for Livingstone.

To be clear I do rate him, and hope he’s with us next year, but tonight I think Lord called it right.

Devils86

Win was what we needed and we got it done early on. After that the game was dull. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we scored a hat full but I'd prefer a nailbiter any day.
Couldn’t disagree more. Not sure I could have handled another 7-4 like last time MK were in town. On final weekend, needing 3 points for a 3peat I will take any win, however boring.

Thrilling games are great - don’t get me wrong. But not good for my health at this stage of the season.

Mooney#16

If we win tonight as far as i’m concerned Murdy and Livingston can have as much ice time as they want in the play offs. That is just a bonus trophy. I want the history maker.

august04

If we win tonight as far as i’m concerned Murdy and Livingston can have as much ice time as they want in the play offs. That is just a bonus trophy. I want the history maker.
Couldn’t agree more. The play-off trophy is a bit of end of season glamour but the league is the big prize (especially this year with 3 in a row) and will always be without a meaningful play-off series. I really hope that one day the league address that properly.

Last edited:

Earnie

The boys turned on the style last night. I know MK were short but even so I enjoyed seeing the heat turned on. As for MK fans they were fabulous all night. They were going to have a good time regardless. Their noise was immense for 60 minutes and then some.