Devils Vs MKL - 25 Nov 18 - League

Hedd Wyn John

That was .a much improved MK team who deserved the win. There is no shame in that loss despite their position in the table. I didn't think we played that bad. Killeen was just stopping everything we threw at him. The game could have gone either way.
However I agree with the comments about a lack of physicality and we gave away two goals by backing off the shooter.
Killeen was good but the Devils just weren’t clinical enough in front of goal. MK did well to block shooting lanes but I always felt the devils were trying to skate it into the net.

jimmy snels

didnt get the puck off the ice and screen that netminder anywhere near enough. a lot of those shots were very simple to see and in an easy area for a netminder.

thought mk deserved the win.
officials were good tonight.
was a lack of desire for me that cost us. i also go back to the squad balance at this stage. if our plan A isnt working a huge proportion of our players play the same way and its difficult to see how we can change it up at times.

Gospel

Lord isnt happy at all. Seems to say that the guys were right before they even started to play. Thats the second time in the last few weeks hes said the same thing.

Pope#42

I agree with some of what has already been said - disappointing performance tonight. I thought things were on the up with the introduction of new bodies but something is still not right.

I’m hoping Benti was a healthy scratch - I think we really missed him tonight.

A trend seems to be that the opposition goalie ‘has a blinder’. I’ve no issue with our Ben but surely every other goalie isn’t that good every time we play them?

Personally, I think this years Devils have a way of making opposition goalies look better than they are thanks to poor finishing . It started with Herzog(?) of Salzburg and has carried on.

BostonBart22

To many players living in a comfort zone . It's ok boys jump on a plane to Glasgow and Fife next 2 games don't want you getting buslegs do we poor buggers...and guess what we will prob still lose the way we are playing...Change of captaincy is a must ..think mo has had his day at that imo.

Well I must be the odd one out because I didn't think mk deserved that at all, I thought we totally controlled and dominated them for the whole game, I didn't feel that they were any threat at any point in the game which is why I'm at a bit of a loss as to how we possibly lost that game (part from the fact we let their player skate in completely unchallenged to have a free shot on Bowns)

I don't like the fact that Lord has said for the second time in 2 or 3 weeks that he feels the team are turning up not ready to go

Hedd Wyn John

Well I must be the odd one out because I didn't think mk deserved that at all, I thought we totally controlled and dominated them for the whole game, I didn't feel that they were any threat at any point in the game which is why I'm at a bit of a loss as to how we possibly lost that game (part from the fact we let their player skate in completely unchallenged to have a free shot on Bowns)

I don't like the fact that Lord has said for the second time in 2 or 3 weeks that he feels the team are turning up not ready to go
In terms of puck possession & SOGs I think the Devils dominated the game. MK took their chances so deserve the win but really the Devils should have put the game to bed as they had plenty of chances to do so.

kingmo19.1

Sounds like they are in the comfort zone a little and taking things for granted! .... That's something I really hate as it's taking the P somewhat out of the paying fans. It's a given in any pro sport that you turn up, graft hard and put in a shift. No room for coasters and hangers on.

rolf

Now i heard something that suggested matters off-ice were not all that they maybe they should be. Just a murmur and nothing concrete like i said. I shared this on here with my fellow fans and I was very carefully put in my place by another who knew better. I cannot remember the name but i read the reply and thought blimey how can one person be so clever with just the one head? Now i see some more people wondering just what is going on here and why some are not on their A game (twice now mentioned by the coach as well)....

bb1

Lord has proven to us all that his attention to detail and recruitment is second to none. However this season so far I feel his recruitment of certainly 2 players is questionable. One is that of our captain.

Mo in fairness has been a superb Cardiff devil and one of the best PK guys we have had. I'm not questioning his effort and work ethic at all he has given his all but he is just not up to this level anymore, much in the same way Lord obviously didn't think Max was in his 1st season as our coach. Unfortunately it is really showing and our performances are suffering as a consequence.

I keep saying it over and over but I've had enough of watching Pope now......the guy just isn't interested at all. What makes it worse is that he is actually a good hockey player but looks like he's just going through the motions. Enough is enough, he would be my 1st scratch every game on his current form.

Unfortunately I have to say Hedden is looking a little this way too. Not the guy I thought we were going to get. Yes he does throw the odd hit and puts in a great shift now and again but where is this guy.....

I know where he is....in the NO 11, 81 AND 91 SHIRTS!!!

Like what has previously been posted, a few players look far to comfortable in Cardiff and it's showing in their performances.

Lord has proven to us all that his attention to detail and recruitment is second to none. However this season so far I feel his recruitment of certainly 2 players is questionable. One is that of our captain.

Mo in fairness has been a superb Cardiff devil and one of the best PK guys we have had. I'm not questioning his effort and work ethic at all he has given his all but he is just not up to this level anymore, much in the same way Lord obviously didn't think Max was in his 1st season as our coach. Unfortunately it is really showing and our performances are suffering as a consequence.

I keep saying it over and over but I've had enough of watching Pope now......the guy just isn't interested at all. What makes it worse is that he is actually a good hockey player but looks like he's just going through the motions. Enough is enough, he would be my 1st scratch every game on his current form.

Unfortunately I have to say Hedden is looking a little this way too. Not the guy I thought we were going to get. Yes he does throw the odd hit and puts in a great shift now and again but where is this guy.....

I know where he is....in the NO 11, 81 AND 91 SHIRTS!!!

Like what has previously been posted, a few players look far to comfortable in Cardiff and it's showing in their performances.

couldn't agree more on the three players mentioned. the first two I have agreed with since last season

jimmy snels

not sure either. i kinda get the pope stuff as of late, and i too am not convinced on a few others for squad make up. but i waa thinking he was playing 3rd/4th line and pk so wasnt expecting a 30 goal season. id argue others offer far less in many other areas.

Kevin roog

I agree that Hedden has been disappointing. Teams worse than last season when we all thought it been upgraded. Last years team wouldn’t lost last night

august04

Out of interest in regards to Morisette, what is it people feel he isn't bringing?

Keeping in mind his role this year is to play on the depth lines and stop other teams from scoring.

I'm just not quite sure what he has done so wrong to make people single him out?
I’m sure he got PP minutes too last night, so not just on the depth lines. I think he was on just after the equaliser with a minute to go, which I was surprised at and then on the ice for the OT winner.