Devils vs MAC Újbuda - 25 Aug 19 - Preseason

pjj365

Six guys are running the club and getting what they intended out of it. What percentage profit, who knows, it must be worthwhile though, otherwise why bother. They only visit once or twice a year and whilst Todd is a “friend” to Steve l very much doubt that translates across the other successful businessman throwing money down the throat of the Zamboni and not getting anything in return, thats an expensive way to watch EIHL hockey.

My point being all will be good until the day that balance tips, when the price of success becomes too great, when losses increase & the inevitable attendance levels drop, then like all good business owners, they’ll walk away leaving a trail of unhappiness.
6?
Think Todd may have shares - that's 5 and Lordo has an option if he stays = 6

Are we confused here?

Rich Best

If it ever got to the stage where we needed more seating ( I appreciate that’s a way off as we rarely sell out) is there an option of a lot more seating at the viola? Or would we be looking at moving location?
I believe (correct me if anyone knows this is wrong) that over the last few years we have achieved the highest seats sold / filled percentage of any team in the league, greater than 90% ?

Gisland

I believe (correct me if anyone knows this is wrong) that over the last few years we have achieved the highest seats sold / filled percentage of any team in the league, greater than 90% ?
Yep.. Cardiff have recorded the highest percentage of seats used per game.. about 2985 average over the last 3 seasons.. Last season they were followed by Guildford then MK..

Nottingham and Sheffield remain top 2 for numbers of seats filled over the last 3 seasons, about 5600 - 5800 per game.

jenks33

Don't get me wrong we generally get very good crowds. As you'd expect with the success we've had in the past 5 years. I remember Steve King saying though that we would only look at more seats/moving location if our capacity of 3,000 ish was becoming a problem. I went to most games last season and apart from the big games blocks 13/14 were pretty empty. I appreciate the Devils score down the other end for two periods but still.