Devils vs Graz 99ers - 1 Sept 19 - CHL

Gough60

The whole team were quite brilliant. No more words needed tonight.
What a magnificent performance by one and all in a red shirt or suited and booted on the bench.
As above, nothing more to say on the matter.
Can't shift this smile I have had on my face since Friday.

Slartibartfast

The best team won. We had more SOGs, won more face offs and looked the better team for most of the game. Graz had a very strong first line with the big money guys but all four of our lines competed. It shows that its not all about the big name signings.

We also saw the best of all our new signings today. Sointu and Marjamaki are great together, Jardine looked solid at the back. And what confidence Lord must have in McMonagle to put him out again and what a beautiful finish.

Can we now all agree
1. The CHL is worth being in
2. We can compete in the CHL
3. We don't need NHL players to be great
4. Wannabe can blow as much smoke up the owners arses as he likes because they put this great team together who gives us days like today.

Lets keep those glasses half full :):):):):)

moggy#9

Did anyone else think they heard a whistle just before the 3rd Graz goal went in? All of my group in block 18 could have sworn we heard something.

I completely understand if anyone missed these CHL games because of logistical or financial reasons. But anyone who willingly chose not to go to these games missed out big time.

Skill, speed, grit, aggression when required, and a great atmosphere in the rink in both games.

What a weekend. Well done Devils!

Mazzoak

Guess the heart was right today, it’s reminding my head constantly.

It’s been an average weekend all things considered, we’ve topped the group in a competition only a few choose to watch or care for.

We’re in the best place mentally going into Thursdays game, sets us up nicely.

kettdevil1

I completely understand if anyone missed these CHL games because of logistical or financial reasons. But anyone who willingly chose not to go to these games missed out big time.

Skill, speed, grit, aggression when required, and a great atmosphere in the rink in both games.

What a weekend. Well done Devils!
That's it in a nutshell. The best hockey I have seen in Britain (excluding the NHL games....) intense, physical, skillful, just brilliant.... and to make it even better, we are top of a very tricky group.

moggy#9

That's it in a nutshell. The best hockey I have seen in Britain (excluding the NHL games....) intense, physical, skillful, just brilliant.... and to make it even better, we are top of a very tricky group.
The funny thing is that the group table is basically upside down from what I expected. What must frolunda be thinking. I suspect that the away games will be very tough.

Devils86

An incredible performance throughout the roster. Very little I can add that hasn’t already been said but it all came together didn’t it? Fast, physical hockey. Good puck management, fantastic on the forecheck. Exciting and stressful in equal measure.

Crowd awesome. Happy Hockey Days!

Diafol

I already have a good one, I just hope I can sneak out early from work.
5pm face off ? What idiot came up with that one ?

KaneDevils

What a fantastic game of hockey and superb performance that was. Thought the victory was more than deserved as we were the better team. Think we wanted it more. By the time we went 1 down, we could of been easily 2 up. Thought most if not all, played excellent but I must single out, Fournier and in particular, Josh batch. He was immense tonight.
Thank you devils for a wonderful afternoon. Without doubt, one of the best games I've been to.