Devils vs Graz 99ers - 1 Sept 19 - CHL

moggy#9

Graz will definitely be on a high after their match against frolunda. Does anyone know how many fans they're bringing?

Mazzoak

This will be an interesting encounter. My heart say we’re in a good place and will get a win, a hard fought win, every second we’ve got has to have our A game to pull it off. My head says we’re gonna get our arses handed on a plate. We played a good game last time, although had that winning goal been disallowed, who knows, we got lucky. Playing good is not going to be enough today.

The CHL for me is an odd competition because it’s the start of a new season with most of last years teams changing personnel. That translates to potentially a loss or gain in performance to the team that qualified. Add the time of it being pre season l guess it’s a large factor in its unpopularity across Europe.

Imp

Long drive. Arrived and found WiFi just in time to watch the shootout... AND I THOUGHT DRIVING WAS STRESSFUL! :D

Funny thing being a fan. Four days ago, I’d have settled for Devils not being embarrassed, showing that they can compete, maybe knicking a point or two... suddenly I’m slightly disappointed with only five points and top of the group. :p

Mooney#16

Absolutely outstanding Cardiff Devils. Of all the things the Devils have achieved over the years a five point weekend and top of a champions league group has to be very near one of the greatest.

People can rave about domestic trophies but this is genuine top level hockey and Devils are completely their on merit and hard work. Take a bow everyone connected with the club. Brilliant.

OJLloyd

Top of the group after two games. Absolutely bonkers stuff.

At times today we looked the better team by a long way, lots of pressure and opportunities created.

Whatever we’ve been feeding Batchy over the summer, let’s get him some more. He was outstanding all game.

Flying out to Prague on Wednesday with more optimism than I think I’ve ever felt about any sport.

I may add how good did sointu look on debut??
Very impressed with Sointu him and Marjamaki have some serious chemistry! Will be interesting to see if we try to keep hold of him on a longer contract as he looked very good!

Great win for the Devil's and another win that was thoroughly deserved, we certainly have a faster and more physical roster this season and we are using it to our advantage! Echo what has been said about Batch that line with Myers was so effective! McNamee and Linglet are a joy to watch also! Was nice to see Matt Pope getting his mojo back a bit deserved a goal only to be denied by a great save...but more importantly didn't give up on the play to feed McNamee to score!

jenks33

Great win and fully deserved. It certainly wasn’t one of those victories where we were heavily outshot and relied on Bownsy. I thought we were the better team for the first 2 periods and they came back in the third when they were chasing the game. I thought that was arguably Linglet’s best 60 minutes for us. He was outstanding tonight , best player on either team. Mcmonagle could be huge for us in shootouts this year. We’ve seen him do it for Italy and two of his pens tonight were quality. Only an outstanding save prevented him from scoring his second penalty after a nice move.

Gospel

What a weekend for the Devils! We were quick out of the blocks today, finished lots of hits & some silky passing. Sointu was impressive on his debut and if he continues like that i hope we keep him as he has strength & a lot of skill.

Batchy has some very impressive hands tonight & we should have capitalised on some of the chances he created for us.

I was also impressed with Pope. Hes had 2 very good games this weekend.

Bownsy though was outstanding. Shootout saves, scrambles in the last period & always looked calm and composed. If he has a blinder of a season then this will be his last year with us as he’ll be abroad in a very good league im sure.

Dixon, Marjamaki & Longlet & Benti were very good also.

Could be a very interesting season ahead!

mjh

Long drive. Arrived and found WiFi just in time to watch the shootout... AND I THOUGHT DRIVING WAS STRESSFUL! :D

Funny thing being a fan. Four days ago, I’d have settled for Devils not being embarrassed, showing that they can compete, maybe knicking a point or two... suddenly I’m slightly disappointed with only five points and top of the group. :p

Yep feel the same way. Shows how well this team is doing and how far we've come. LORDO is a beast!