Devils Vs Giants - League - 27th Nov 2021

jenks33

"This team isn't likely to win much" yet you list a load of issues that apply to the majority of other teams as well as to why we won't win anything - such as COVID, financials, new coach - then you say "it's any one's at the moment"... which is it? Anyone's or anyone's but not us - even though we are second in the league?

If "everyone has been affected" by the on going issues, as you say, then it's a level playing field and we've got as good a chance as anyone.

I've missed you.
I was thinking exactly the same. I'm sure a few of us were

BostonBart22

The devils certainly have deficiencies, but those of other teams seem to be greater. Additionally the fact that we have such superb netminding and coaching seems to be making a massive difference.

Steelers fans will be expecting a massive push back from them when they visit us. If they don't get it, I suspect that brust might be history.

At the moment I can see a different club winning each trophy such is the topsy turvy nature of the season.
Brust had a cracking game last night according to foxy

Mazzoak

"This team isn't likely to win much" yet you list a load of issues that apply to the majority of other teams as well as to why we won't win anything - such as COVID, financials, new coach - then you say "it's any one's at the moment"... which is it? Anyone's or anyone's but not us - even though we are second in the league?

If "everyone has been affected" by the on going issues, as you say, then it's a level playing field and we've got as good a chance as anyone.

I've missed you.
Think you need to stop being pedantic and go learn the meaning of words l’ve used and comprehend there meaning.

E.D.S.

Think you need to stop being pedantic and go learn the meaning of words l’ve used and comprehend there meaning.
Just trying to make sense of what you are writing. I don't think it's being pedantic at all. It's a fair challenge. We're second and facing the same challenges as every one else apparently but have no chance of winning anything, apparently.

Being pedantic is pointing out that it's "their" and not "there". That is the difference.

Mazzoak

Just trying to make sense of what you are writing. I don't think it's being pedantic at all. It's a fair challenge. We're second and facing the same challenges as every one else apparently but have no chance of winning anything, apparently.

Being pedantic is pointing out that it's "their" and not "there". That is the difference.
Im afraid all the terms I’ve used are those that mean results could go either way, if you’ve read differently, there’s nothing more l can add.

Now can you stop derailing threads, thanks..........

E.D.S.

Challenging what you say and asking for clarity when your posts are confusing and contradictory is not derailing a thread. It's a fair challenge and what the forum is about but let's not go into it any further as I fear it would just add more confusion.

Devils have just as much chance as most to win something this year. Your point about "results could go either way" supports that as does being second in the league. Progress is being made and we are in the mix.

Mazzoak

Not that this team is likely to win much this season
It’s anyone’s at the moment, like l said it’s a Rollercoaster ride, Covid backlash etc etc. I don’t bet, l certainly wouldn’t bet on any team at the moment,
As you say it’s all going in the right direction. I’d love to say the Devils will win each and every accolade this year, unfortunately with all the issues making teams inconsistent it’s not clear who will be the front runner. Which makes for an exciting rollercoaster ride of a season and one that so far I’m really enjoying.

E.D.S.

The game this weekend is going to be massive...
Agree moggy and I appreciate you didn't say this.... but no one won or lost the league in December. We could easily lose this 5-0 in a reverse to the Steelers and we're not out of it. Equally, we could scrape a 1-0 win but agree it's a big game to see how we rise to the occasion. It should be a hell of an atmosphere.