Devils Vs Giants - League - 16th Oct 2021

voth26

Great win but hand on heart what is everybody’s opinion on us as possible league winners? I thought Belfast dominated for most of the first period and we couldn’t have complained if we went in a couple of goals down. Carruth was great.
There are plenty of things to like about us. Carruth, Register, Mikkelson, Richardson are brilliant. Reid will score plenty and Crandall has great vision. Sanford and Cox have a great understanding and create moments of magic.
But I always think the teams that challenge for the league apply pressure for large periods and are a bit suffocating with their pressure. Have we shown signs of that? Can we really win the league with moments of magic? I don’t think we put teams under enough pressure for long periods. We don’t camp teams in their own zone. Early days but I still think we are missing another goalscorer
I think we've got a good enough chance as Panthers, Steelers or the Giants. Giants really pressured us in the first 20 for sure but the D dealt with the pressure albeit sometimes desperate and Carruth was his usual calm self his rebound control is amazing. We have speed in the forwards and for me we transition faster than we did under Lordo which I like plus we shoot a hell of a lot quicker especially on the PP. Going to hopefully be a good season

Wannabe2

Don’t think any team in the league has team toughness more than Devils myself, and certainly can’t see any team knocking us about. Great game last night between 2 very good teams.

Well said Steve, can't get over how negative some people on here are about the Devils?. Clearly they have no faith in the new coach or the players he's brought in
Sadly the negativity doesn't surprise me anymore. Giants looked good, I will give them that but Devils were the better team over the course of the game. Great win over a good team with great atmosphere.

tim78

I was suprised how big and fast Belfast were, they look the most dangerous and will only get better.

Sheffield are becoming the come back kings but I certainly put us above them in the long run.

I just hope the return if McNally gives the missing edge.

Kevlar68

I may have been seeing a different game but I saw a team of skill and speed but no physicality, they didn't have big hitters or a presence from the giants, one of their supporters in the bar had more aggression (that's another story).
The physical side we showed, fighting tooth and nail for the puck in P 2 and 3 put them off they're game enough for us to go ahead.
It was a game of netminders Besko is top class but Carruth was amazing.

Mazzoak

Our most decorated manager of all time.

But harsh but yes I know what you mean
In a period of Devils financial & owner utopia. How much those trophies can ultimately be laid at Lords door is a matter of opinion. It’s always difficult to compare history, we got some good results. We also got some really boring frustratingly stale hockey.

voth26

In a period of Devils financial & owner utopia. How much those trophies can ultimately be laid at Lords door is a matter of opinion. It’s always difficult to compare history, we got some good results. We also got some really boring frustratingly stale hockey.
I agree on your point about boring hockey at times but I don't think you can argue that Lord doesn't deserve the credit for the silverware we won with him.

jenks33

I may have been seeing a different game but I saw a team of skill and speed but no physicality, they didn't have big hitters or a presence from the giants, one of their supporters in the bar had more aggression (that's another story).
The physical side we showed, fighting tooth and nail for the puck in P 2 and 3 put them off they're game enough for us to go ahead.
It was a game of netminders Besko is top class but Carruth was amazing.
Tell us more about this aggressive Giants supporter in the bar Kevlar? Haha. Christ they had some clowns in the back row in their block. One of them spent half the match swearing at block 13.

Tell us more about this aggressive Giants supporter in the bar Kevlar? Haha. Christ they had some clowns in the back row in their block. One of them spent half the match swearing at block 13.
Why were they not thrown out on their arse then?? Where on earth was security.. It's a family event and no place for anyone swearing. If you heard it for half the match, why did you not report it?

jenks33

Why were they not thrown out on their arse then?? Where on earth was security.. It's a family event and no place for anyone swearing. If you heard it for half the match, why did you not report it?
Didn’t hear it, they were mostly hand gestures mate. I’m sure security did see it and decided to do nothing about it. I certainly didn’t expect one of the poor stewards to go over and have a word, the stewards by me looked about 15. I don’t expect them to tell some idiot that’s been drinking since 9am to stop swearing

jenks33

As I said yesterday there’s a lot to like about this team but we are definitely missing another goalscorer for me. 100%. I’m not talking about the games against Fife, Dundee, Manchester, we’ll be fine against those teams. I’m talking about us against the big boys. My concern is if teams close Brodie Reid down we will seriously struggle for goals. I’m not sure we’ve got the balance right up front. Dixon playing on the first line speaks volumes. I love Dixon as much as the next fan but he should not be playing on the first line.

Didn’t hear it, they were mostly hand gestures mate. I’m sure security did see it and decided to do nothing about it. I certainly didn’t expect one of the poor stewards to go over and have a word, the stewards by me looked about 15. I don’t expect them to tell some idiot that’s been drinking since 9am to stop swearing
So security are not fit for purpose, someone that was drinking from 9am and obviously the worse for wear was let into the arena and you sat and watched a drunken yob do hand gestures...Says a lot

moggy#9

Security in the IAW isn't great, unless someone really kicked off they tend to turn a blind eye.
There's been a lot of debate on here about the lack of mask enforcement from stewards. If they're not capable of doing something about abusive behaviour then they shouldn't be stewards. Is the rink just employing kids who just basically want free entry? We really don't want to end up with a situation when fans are segregated in cages like in some European leagues.