Devils Vs Giants - League - 16th Oct 2021

august04 2.0

McNally and Duggan are huge losses. Our forward lineup do lack a bit of grit even with those two, so without it leaves us a little short. Outside of Dixon we have little physical presence in our forwards.
Agree, the lack of physical presence in our forwards is a concern. most of our toughness/physicality is at the back end, and if one or two of those get into penalty trouble, we‘re a bit short in defence - and we look vulnerable there at the best of times anyway. I wonder if we may see Batch moved forward at some point this season and shore up the defensive corps with another import. For me, we could do with another D man and first line centre. I don't know how that works though with the new rules and carrying spares, can we do that (finances permitting of course)?

moggy#9

Agree, the lack of physical presence in our forwards is a concern. most of our toughness/physicality is at the back end, and if one or two of those get into penalty trouble, we‘re a bit short in defence - and we look vulnerable there at the best of times anyway. I wonder if we may see Batch moved forward at some point this season and shore up the defensive corps with another import. For me, we could do with another D man and first line centre. I don't know how that works though with the new rules and carrying spares, can we do that (finances permitting of course)?
For me batchy does well wherever he's played, but his best position is as a defensive forward.

ASHIPP

Also depends upon Berkoswany's performance in goal. He is excellent. I am interested to see how our forwards are going to get past him.
Still think Belfast are going to be the top team to beat this season. It doesn't matter if they have played Fife and Dundee 20 times each already... Giants have the W against their name for every game except one.

It's all about a winning mentality and momentum. Devils have lost to Blaze and Steelers already and probably have a CHL hangover. Tough weekend.

moggy#9

Giants looked very much the better team for long stretches there. Devils quite fortunate to be ahead, but ironically could have had a second. IMO giants look a better team than Sheffield.