Devils Vs Giants - 23/24 Nov 19 - League

Slartibartfast

Well the only positives I can take from that game was that McMonagle played well again and Fournier rescued a point for us once again. Oh and as usual, the fourth line was our best line.
I don't normally single players out but I have to agree Jardine had a shocker and its not the first time.

Hedd Wyn John

Overall I think the Devils played an excellent 10 mins of hockey. We were unlucky in OT but for most of the game we were poor. Too many loose passes, or passes to nowhere. We were lucky the Giants didn't score 5 or 6 in regular time.

august04

I’ll quite happily take a point out of that game, as for 40 minutes, we were completely outplayed and outworked. A great comeback in the third, but Giants looked so much better than us at times. We need to win tomorrow.

JT666

Me and the boys were bored for 50 minutes, but on our feet for the last 10.

Very disappointing nobody offered anyone out, although in hindsight it wasn’t needed.

First game this season and I thought Riley was shit.

Me and the boys were bored for 50 minutes, but on our feet for the last 10.

Very disappointing nobody offered anyone out, although in hindsight it wasn’t needed.

First game this season and I thought Riley was shit.
Probably couldn't see at the rink but on the livestream I noticed Louis give a shake of his gloves as if to offer someone (not sure who) out from the faceoff after Belfast went 3-0 up...offer was obviously declined and Belfast would've been stupid to have accepted at that stage.

Wannabe2

I’ll quite happily take a point out of that game, as for 40 minutes, we were completely outplayed and outworked. A great comeback in the third, but Giants looked so much better than us at times. We need to win tomorrow.
It was 50 minutes actually, we only played in the last 10 mins, and you ain’t going to win much playing for that amount of time. We nicked a point tonight as we were always second best, the 3-3 score line hid the fact that we were so very poor, untrue to come back but the correct result in the end , we had one wicked chance earlier on and hit the crossbar, but after that we were certainly very poor. Need a win tomorrow big time and need to take 3 points overall, can we do that who knows.

moggy#9

Any thoughts on the slewfoot penalty? I couldn’t see it.
I'd have liked to have seen it from another angle. There seemed to be a motion, but it could simply have been the way his balanced shifted with the tussle of sticks. The ref had a better view than the cameras to be fair.

ASHIPP

You can't win against the Giants by producing 10 minutes of wild hockey. Devils got a point out of it but a lot to learn against this Belfast team.

Keefe has made two roster changes last week and has them playing like they did last season. Excellent man marking and zone clearance, a slick power play, composed discipline. Pelech, a fine physical defenceman with the ability to read the play and clear out opposition players well before they approach the goal. For long periods tonight, the Devils couldn't get anywhere near Murphy. And Smotherman, always an attacking threat who bosses their pp and always finishes well. And a good supporting cast of players.

Discipline, speed, a fully effective pp not giving Giants a single macro second on the puck are the keys to getting the advantage over them.

Tomorrow night we will see if the Devils have learned anything from this game.

august04

It was 50 minutes actually, we only played in the last 10 mins, and you ain’t going to win much playing for that amount of time. We nicked a point tonight as we were always second best, the 3-3 score line hid the fact that we were so very poor, untrue to come back but the correct result in the end , we had one wicked chance earlier on and hit the crossbar, but after that we were certainly very poor. Need a win tomorrow big time and need to take 3 points overall, can we do that who knows.
I’ll give you the extra 10 minutes too. We looked clueless at times, and couldn’t string two passes together - but showed a lot of character to come back like that. I do wonder about this team though.

kingmo19.1

Was really looking forward to this game, but what a total bore-fest!

Giants deserved to win that plain and simple. Outshot us 37-16 according to the EIHL website.

If Reddick isn't injured then I'd feel very hard done by if I was him.

moggy#9

Was really looking forward to this game, but what a total bore-fest!

Giants deserved to win that plain and simple.

If Reddick isn't injured then I'd feel very hard done by if I was him.
Well given that masi will probably be suspended tomorrow reddick will need to play.