Devils Vs Giants - 23/24 Nov 19 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils face the Giants both Saturday and Sunday at the Viola arena. Too early to put too much emphasis on the league table but Giants are currently sitting 2 points below us with the same games played. Giants always give a good account of themselves so it should be 2 good games.

Wannabe2

Two huge games for both sides, with 4 massive points up for grabs, who is going to want it most, these are the games that will hopefully have us all on the edge of our seats. So it’s in our barn and we need to show these guys we mean business, plenty of legal hits please lads, they have at least 3 players who will want to put it about, Pellech, Smotherman, and Farnham we need to face fire with fire. Sell out crowd boys, big rivals,if we can’t get up for this then we can’t get up for anything, so let’s do this lads.

moggy#9

I feel that these matches are huge from the point of view of us gaining momentum and denying it to Belfast. There is also the matter of putting down a marker for the CC. With a match coming up against Glasgow we need to find form and start to pull away from the pack. It's going to be an interesting decision from lordo (assuming we have no injuries) who a healthy scratch would be.

BostonBart22

Two huge games for both sides, with 4 massive points up for grabs, who is going to want it most, these are the games that will hopefully have us all on the edge of our seats. So it’s in our barn and we need to show these guys we mean business, plenty of legal hits please lads, they have at least 3 players who will want to put it about, Pellech, Smotherman, and Farnham we need to face fire with fire. Sell out crowd boys, big rivals,if we can’t get up for this then we can’t get up for anything, so let’s do this lads.
Agree to all, and we got louis, RILEY , and morrisonn...bring it on...

voth26

We have to be on it from 1st puck drop to the last, we have to play for 60 minutes no if buts or maybe. Hopefully the games can flow and the refs call consistently on both teams as and when needed. Need to finish our checks, get a man in front of owens, clear out our crease and let bownsy see as much of the puck as we can,

Wannabe2

I'd settle for a shared point weekend too. Be nice to get all 4 though.
I wouldn’t bud, we need all 4 points Giants would settle for 2 apiece, but wouldn’t settle for 2 apiece at their gaff, we need to put a marker down over this weekend, and let them know we are as strong as ever and send them home empty handed. We need to be the extra man and do our bit to have the perfect weekend, 3-2 sat/ 3-1 Sunday, that would do nicely.

ASHIPP

Both teams have struggled recently. Both have made roster changes. A split weekend
and thats me being optimistic.

So often we have had build ups to big games in the past... we hear team fired up, they will come out and play hard, focused 60 minute hockey etc. And it doesn't happen.

Let's see what happens over two nights. Biggest test so far domestically.

tim78

Let's hope we don't play a build up video and us fans can just bring it.... Only saying it as we've lost all the games I recall which had a pre match vid.

Rich Best

Both teams have struggled recently. Both have made roster changes. A split weekend
and thats me being optimistic.

So often we have had build ups to big games in the past... we hear team fired up, they will come out and play hard, focused 60 minute hockey etc. And it doesn't happen.

Let's see what happens over two nights. Biggest test so far domestically.
Yeah we haven't won anything for years...