Devils Vs Giants - 23/24 Nov 19 - League

Slartibartfast

I thought there was a much more effort and physicality tonight than last night and thought we might take it early on. But then the same problems crept in.
Bizarre and harsh calls from the refs. (The delay of game on Richie was outrageous. There were two sticks making contact with that puck)
Stupid selfish deserved penalties from the usual culprits. (Benti, Linglet)
Inability to bury the puck despite lots of opportunities
Not being able to cope with an aggressive forecheck from the opposition
Poor powerplay
Poor penalty kill
Being slower than the opposition

I thought Belfast were excellent. Relentless forecheck and we can learn a lot about PK from them. One man constantly harasses the puck carrier whereas we box out and let them pass unhindered until they have a quality scoring opportunity.

The best team won.

jimmy snels

id pull the plug on a dman if we are carrying 7 plus batchy (whos been fantastic this season) and bring in a forward. we dont need a spare dman having josh in our squad. to my eyes Linglet has had an awful season thus far. Benti not much better. Riley doesnt look like a power forward, skilled forward or creative force.... so whats he here to do?
i personally am bored with our style of play and to be frank dropping our only actual physical player against belfast sets an awful tone to an already bored crowd. pelech roughed, punched, cross checked and hit late our players all night no penalty calls and no responce until poper decided he'd had enough and through a huge hit back in about the 55th minute.

Mooney#16

I feel harsh criticising as it’s blatant the players are trying and are hugely frustrated on current form. So many mis handles of pucks it screams players squeezing sticks to tight. I don’t think it fair to call out individuals.
However I can’t abide watching a team that takes losing in such a acceptable fashion. That third period should have been a blood bath due to sheer frustration and anger alone. To limp in to 60 mins was unacceptable. That team needs to find its character and players need to identify how they make themselves game changers because that was pathetic to see them all sink into defeat.
The talent is there but the character is hugely in question. Joey Martin needs to strongly call his boys out.

Diablo3

Scratching Mark Louis tonight made my brain hurt.
I thought it strange too - unless Lordo assumed he would get a game penalty for fighting so we would lose him anyway.

Bad weekend all round. But there is no way I see anyone else being brought in as some have suggested. We still have to balance the books and we never let players go mid season unless it's a transfer. We have to make the best of what we have wherever that takes us.

august04

I thought it strange too - unless Lordo assumed he would get a game penalty for fighting so we would lose him anyway.
Do you really believe that?! That’s a bizarre suggestion.
If he’d fought and was thrown out, he’d have taken Pelech most likely with him. So your suggestion that he possibly left Louis out of the game in case he was thrown out, just means Pelech is left to run riot?!

Last edited:
Such a deflating weekend, the Devils had everything this weekend, loud arena, stupid banner from the giants fans to motivate and we got served that dross.

To look at our forwards, playing well they could easily match or better any team in the league but how could so many of them be so out of form at the same time, it's the end of November now, surely some of them should have snapped out of it by now.

It was tough to watch that team this weekend, the atmosphere was incredible Saturday and to start with tonight but to get nothing but 10 minutes from the team is completely demoralising.

I know exactly what we will get, but I hope Lord comes out for an interview and gives us a bit of passion and a bit of honesty, it won't change the result but it would be nice not to have the usual generic sound bites.

Also on a video review do the refs have sound? Because the play for the Giants 3rd? Goal I thought was whistled down before the light went on so on a replay you could see the puck make it way in eventually but if the whistle is blown to stop the play before that happens wouldn't that mean no goal?

Wannabe2

Tonight we were going to put everything right, last night was a blip that unfortunately happens from time to time,we weren’t happy one bit, but tonight we are going to show all our lush fans forget this lot from across the water, we are the real deal and watch this response it’s going to be awesome. But instead of that we were even worse, we went from hero to zero in 60 mins.

Diablo3

Do you really believe that?! That’s a bizarre suggestion.
If he’d fought and was thrown out, he’d have taken Pelech most likely with him. So your suggestion that he possibly left Louis out of the game in case he was thrown out, just means Pelech is left to run riot?!
I only offered it as a suggestion ... I'd much rather he was on the ice

Wagstaff

To look at our forwards, playing well they could easily match or better any team in the league but how could so many of them be so out of form at the same time, it's the end of November now, surely some of them should have snapped out of it by now.
Your forwards are really absent from the rankings this year, first player for you is Haddad (16th) then the next two are outside the top 40 and they are D men, your GOAT sits outside the top 60.

Well, we were apparently much more like ourselves tonight. If that’s the case, then we really have got problems. Deluded.
Unfortunately the interview we all expected, as much passion as shown on the ice by the team, "I thought we were excellent for 30 minutes" really Lord? Well then which game did I go to tonight because it wasn't the one you were seeing

What a shambles this team is right now. No speed no legs ,no physicality , no plan b , but worst of all no identity. The majority of the players need to have a long hard look at the badge on the front of their shirt, then realise how lucky they are to be playing for our organisation. Since the new owners came in I've been great full for the way they've given our fan base their club back, after the previous owner made us the laughing stock of the league. I understand why the management don't want to release players ,but enough is enough. Either they're not listening to lords instructions, or lord isn't making it clear what he wants them to do. We've got to many players coasting looking like they don't give a shit. A few of them need to be shipped out of here and realise they're not here on holiday. To many selfish penalties at the moment from players to old and to slow for this league